Can we beat the Chiefs in our 1st game?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not really seeing this elite defense.. Yes, they invested their first 5 picks in the draft this year for their defense - but only one is slated to start, Trent McDuffie a DB. Carlos Dunlap, a 13 year vet was their key defense addition.

Nick Bolton will be better (MLB), I like him and I’m still worried to all heck about Chris Jones destroying our interior line this breaking down everything.

But at least early in the season this shouldn’t be an elite KC defense.
I agree 100% with your very last sentence. They have a very good DC also. I follow the Chiefs a bit as I have a few friends that are diehard KC fans. The emphasis this offseason for them has been their D. Remains to be seen how that emphasis plays out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Las Vegas has us as a 3.5 (I believe) dog. Not a lot of points, and no where near the doom and gloom in this thread. Does anyone remember the spread from last year's opener @ Tenn., as I don't?

Titans were were -2.5.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Chiefs receiving corps and can't quite work out their strategy.

They have JuJu and Hardman who are high percentage slot guys. Skyy Moore who is projected to play slot (although he played inside and outside in college) and MVS is the only true outside guy they have. Kelce also plays mostly flexed into the slot.

Word is they intend to move JuJu around and that one of the reasons he went to KC on the cheap was because they assured him outside snaps (JuJu us still only 25, feels like he's been around forever).

But this offense is no lock to be awesome. 2 guys never passed 700 yards. JuJu hasn't done anything for 4 years and Skyy Moore is a rookie.

On paper Murphy on JuJu, Wilson on MVS and Mullen on Moore/Hardman seems like a good set of matchups. Nothing overly concerning there.

The big question mark is Kelce. They play 11 personnel nearly 70% of the time (3WR, 1TE, 1RB) and we don't have the CB depth to cover Kelce. Can Simmons keep up? He hasn't shown great ability in covering the best TE's. Thompson?

Either way this is the biggest mismatch for me.

Part of me wants them to put Simmons in man and try jam Kelce at the line. I wonder how often he's had that done to him by a 240lb linebacker that can move? Probably never.

Last edited:

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Chiefs receiving corps and can't quite work out their strategy.

They have JuJu and Hardman who are high percentage slot guys. Skyy Moore who is projected to play slot (although he played inside and outside in college) and MVS is the only true outside guy they have. Kelce also plays mostly flexed into the slot.

Word is they intend to move JuJu around and that one of the reasons he went to KC on the cheap was because they assured him outside snaps (JuJu us still only 25, feels like he's been around forever).

But this offense is no lock to be awesome. 2 guys never passed 700 yards. JuJu hasn't done anything for 4 years and Skyy Moore is a rookie.

On paper Murphy on JuJu, Collins on MVS and Mullen on Moore/Hardman seems like a good set of matchups. Nothing overly concerning there.

The big question mark is Kelce. They play 11 personnel nearly 70% of the time (3WR, 1TE, 1RB) and we don't have the CB depth to cover Kelce. Can Simmons keep up? He hasn't shown great ability in covering the best TE's. Thompson?

Part of me wants them to put Simmons in man and try jam Kelce at the line. I wonder how often he's had that done to him by a 240lb linebacker that can move? Probably never.
I like everything you said here.. BUT are you talking Zavien Collins on MVS?!?!? How many 70 yard TDS do you want him to have? MVS is elite at one things - going deep.. one of the best in the league at that in fact.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like everything you said here.. BUT are you talking Zavien Collins on MVS?!?!? How many 70 yard TDS do you want him to have? MVS is elite at one things - going deep.. one of the best in the league at that in fact.

Sorry meant Wilson. Although Collins could probably do it. I don't rate MVS highly at all.

In fact Wilson is the perfect corner to cover MVS.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

On paper Murphy on JuJu, Wilson on MVS and Mullen on Moore/Hardman seems like a good set of matchups. Nothing overly concerning there.

Absolutely believe that the Cardinals are planning on Simmons having a major role in trying to slow down Kelce. Can he? It won’t be easy. The key to beating the Chiefs is by putting pressure on Mahomes. If we’re not able to do that, he will most likely eat us alive. Our offense better be ready to keep up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely believe that the Cardinals are planning on Simmons having a major role in trying to slow down Kelce. Can he? It won’t be easy. The key to beating the Chiefs is by putting pressure on Mahomes. If we’re not able to do that, he will most likely eat us alive. Our offense better be ready to keep up.

I hear he's been working on coverage a lot this off season so we will see. He's been ok covering down the seam etc but has struggled to keep up with good route runners.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard