Budda requests trade

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buddy is a loyal guy. However he saw first hand how the old staff was treated, many of whom he was very close to. I wouldn’t want to be a part of that either.

Free Budda! He deserves to play for a contender.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The 49ers won the Super Bowl in '81 with THREE rookie DB's. That's insane - but shows that with a solid draft you can be competitive very quickly. In that case, they took it to the house. I'd settle for "competitive" this year. Go ahead and move Budda and load up on picks, and continue to deflate the cap. Have a competitive season this year with a bunch of rookies and new faces, take another step forward next year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The 49ers won the Super Bowl in '81 with THREE rookie DB's. That's insane - but shows that with a solid draft you can be competitive very quickly. In that case, they took it to the house. I'd settle for "competitive" this year. Go ahead and move Budda and load up on picks, and continue to deflate the cap. Have a competitive season this year with a bunch of rookies and new faces, take another step forward next year.
This example from over 40 years ago is definitely very relevant today.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who else was on their D?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Your evidence isn’t evidence at all. To think that MOJG hasn’t spelled out plans to Budda is asinine. Based on Budda’s requests, doesn’t sound like he’s much of a team captain. Ever since we ignored his plea for VJ to be the new HC, he’s done nothing but whine. He just wanted more of the same old, same old.
Dang, you're going to toe the company line too?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dang, you're going to toe the company line too?
MOJG doing what they said they would do. Putting team ahead of individuals, and looking for players that will do the same. That’s definitely not the path that Budda is taking, now is it? At this stage in his career, Budda doesn’t want to be a team player. And that’s fine. He wants to cash in while he’s still the caliber of player that can.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MOJG doing what they said they would do. Putting team ahead of individuals, and looking for players that will do the same. That’s definitely not the path that Budda is taking, now is it? At this stage in his career, Budda doesn’t want to be a team player. And that’s fine. He wants to cash in while he’s still the caliber of player that can.
Yeah that isn’t the reason Budda has requested a trade. He is fed up with this dysfunctional franchise and doesn’t want to be a part of a full on rebuild. Budda is the ultimate team player. That alone should raise red flags with Cardinals fans.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every single player wants to get paid as much as they can first and foremost. They do not care about the team until they have signed because the team doesn’t care about them until they sign. Sometimes, it appears the team doesn’t care even after they are signed.

I’m amazed anyone truly believes any different in the NFL in 2023.

Also, are we now using a team from 1981 to bolster an argument?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Yeah that isn’t the reason Budda has requested a trade. He is fed up with this dysfunctional franchise and doesn’t want to be a part of a full on rebuild. Budda is the ultimate team player. That alone should raise red flags with Cardinals fans.
There is nothing but red flags. It’s one massive red flag.
Red Flag would have been the ultimate last Mad Jack banner.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Then they should sell the team.
The Budwills have billions of dollars.
Crying poor in the NFL might be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

The Brown family is about to make Joe Burrow the richest player in NFL history and football is their only business.

If QB investment is your best and only actual point, you may want to check out Kyler's contract.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Too funny!

If they bowed to his demand for a new deal, he'd be cheering on the rebuild.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Every single player wants to get paid as much as they can first and foremost. They do not care about the team until they have signed because the team doesn’t care about them until they sign. Sometimes, it appears the team doesn’t care even after they are signed.

I’m amazed anyone truly believes any different in the NFL in 2023.

Also, are we now using a team from 1981 to bolster an argument?
Which means what? We are all idiots then for arguing one way or the other for people who do not give a damn about you, me or other fans... oh, and make sure to pay them for taking that position lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You made a post in a different thread earlier today suggesting we could get better by signing TJ Hockenson in free agency next year. Yet here you are saying that TEs don't offer value and teams get better by letting good but highly paid tight ends go, which describes TJ Hockenson.

lol you guys. The lengths you will go to for an Ackshually win, including the people that liked it. Usual suspects I see. Like a little group.

Firstly, I threw together a random team in about 5 minutes to make a point of what we could look like in 2024. It was hardly a well strategize scenario. You can insert any vet TE you like there, I just picked one at random.

Second, I said highly paid TE's are not valued in the league. Kittle, Kelce etc sure but otherwise not really.

Which is why, and I really can't say this vehemently enough, the Lions just traded Hockenson. The Raiders just traded Waller and guys like Mike Gesicki could only get $4.5m in FA and Dalton Schultz $6.25m. Despite both of them having multiple 700+ yard seasons.

Literally teams are moving on from TE's they don't want to pay left and right because they think the money is better spent elsewhere. Fans here want to move on from a TE still capable of 800 yards that we pay $10m to because they don't think it's value.

But sure, sick burn.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes NEXT year, 2024 for Gods sake, You are saying rebuilds take 2-3 years meaning we might be good by 2025 or 2026 and you somehow think that is acceptable. I showed you several scenarios where 1 year rebuilds happen but said I can accept 1 losing year but anything more than that is unacceptable.

Next year is 2 years!

A 1 year turnaround would be this year. 2 years is 2024. 3 years is 2025.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Bingo. Asking a player to put the team first when the team has proven to be absolutely ass is dumb.