Bucks @ Suns Thursday Finals game thread 7-8-2021 - Game 2

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first half was just so bad from Ayton, Booker and Paul, but damn all 3 of those guys were HUGE the last 5 minutes to close it out.

one interesting this I noticed from the Giannis press conference was his very loud sighing and he did it a lot it’s almost like a what more can do I do type.

The last 5 pages of this are Ayton Ayton Ayton, but Paul was horrible tonight. 6 turnovers and some really odd plays that behind the back pass to nobody was so careless it’s just out of character for him.

Ayton and Paul both played incomplete games and we still on by double digits

that’s 7-2 against the Bucks since 2018 when we drafted Ayton. It’s just a bad match up for them

good news and bad news for the Bucks

1 Good news: your going home. Gonna sleep in your own bed the crowd is going to be on your side

2 Bad news: The Phoenix Suns had the best road record in the NBA this year....doh
He is trying to be a good teammate but you can tell he is frustrated having little help first two games.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is trying to be a good teammate but you can tell he is frustrated having little help first two games.
Giannis wants his teammates to help, but then he demands the ball and becomes a black hole. You see that Clip where Giannis is looking a Holiday and screaming for him to pass him the ball. Giannis is really good at scoring and can do so almost at will, but he does so at the expense of the rest of the team. That is the Buck's dilemma. His play keeps the rest of his team from getting in rhythm.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Guy Fieri should definitely stick with his day job! :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Giannis wants his teammates to help, but then he demands the ball and becomes a black hole. You see that Clip where Giannis is looking a Holiday and screaming for him to pass him the ball. Giannis is really good at scoring and can do so almost at will, but he does so at the expense of the rest of the team. That is the Buck's dilemma. His play keeps the rest of his team from getting in rhythm.
I couldn't agree more. On that team you either get gAnus OR Chris and Jrue. There is no big 3 on that team the have a a big one and a big two.

Its the same reason I'm glad we didn't draft Luka, it would have only taken points away from Book and the others.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. On that team you either get gAnus OR Chris and Jrue. There is no big 3 on that team the have a a big one and a big two.

Its the same reason I'm glad we didn't draft Luka, it would have only taken points away from Book and the others.
I don’t get this. It’s like all the games they won with those guys never happened. Their big three have worked well together. Our defense is just making a mess of their guards.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here is the first write-up about the Suns that really rang true to me as someone who has watched almost every one of their games this season. No mention of asterisks or luck, just a detailed and accurate account of what makes the Suns' offense so good.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like watching Payne play, but man, he was out of whack last night. Timing totally off or something. Hope it was just a bad game. He really seems to bring great energy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like watching Payne play, but man, he was out of whack last night. Timing totally off or something. Hope it was just a bad game. He really seems to bring great energy.
Yeah. We need him to pick it back up to let Monty feel confident enough to get CP3 a little more rest. He looked gassed by the end of the game last night.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kendrick Perkins doesn't hold back pointing out the flaws in Milwaukee's game planning vs the Suns coaching.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is the first write-up about the Suns that really rang true to me as someone who has watched almost every one of their games this season. No mention of asterisks or luck, just a detailed and accurate account of what makes the Suns' offense so good.
The Suns have smart enough players to make adjustments on the floor in the middle of the action. Milwaukee has a hard time making adjustments from game to game without sliding back into their standard way of playing.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Ayton played some good defense in this game. I'm a big Ayton critic from the regular season but he's stepped up and turned into something special. Respectfully eating crow.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its getting really hard for people to sleep on the Suns, as much as they may still want to.
We are like the Bull in a ****** shop. TM. <use your imagination.
You cant ignore us anymore.
Were here
we dont fear the deer
get over it.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Sorry if someone already posted this but its easy to see why players and coaches around the league respect the hell out of Monty. Instead of breaking his player down by yelling to motivate, he gets down right inspirational. Ayton with his head down knowing he's not playing well but Monty lifts him up telling him its not about stats and to go dominate with force.

This is almost as inspiring as the Rocky II Mickey speech.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its getting really hard for people to sleep on the Suns, as much as they may still want to.
We are like the Bull in a ****** shop. TM. <use your imagination.
You cant ignore us anymore.
Were here
we dont fear the deer
get over it.
We smear the deer

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Sorry if someone already posted this but its easy to see why players and coaches around the league respect the hell out of Monty. Instead of breaking his player down by yelling to motivate, he gets down right inspirational. Ayton with his head down knowing he's not playing well but Monty lifts him up telling him its not about stats and to go dominate with force.

No need to apologize. While we’ve all been discussing this interaction all over, it Cant be stressed enough how great it was.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

I have watched this over and over. The "look at me" line shows Monty is a great coach and motivator Legendary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my favorite comment from a ton of podcasts I listened to today came from Chris Ryan on the Ringer who said “It was the first I’ve heard one of these WIRED UP segments where I like... I felt like I was going to start crying/start doing push-ups.”

it’s my second favorite moment of the entire playoffs. Such an incredible vulnerable moment, Monty handling it PERFECTLY and then Ayton taking that advice out on the court and believing in himself again to lock down the paint the last six minutes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
my favorite comment from a ton of podcasts I listened to today came from Chris Ryan on the Ringer who said “It was the first I’ve heard one of these WIRED UP segments where I like... I felt like I was going to start crying/start doing push-ups.”

it’s my second favorite moment of the entire playoffs. Such an incredible vulnerable moment, Monty handling it PERFECTLY and then Ayton taking that advice out on the court and believing in himself again to lock down the paint the last six minutes.
It’s an incredible coaching job followed by exemplary follow through by a young talented player. Ayton’s willingness to listen to, and be lifted up by, Monty and then exert himself shows resilience. He’s learning in ways we often don’t get to see so up close.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s an incredible coaching job followed by exemplary follow through by a young talented player. Ayton’s willingness to listen to, and be lifted up by, Monty and then exert himself shows resilience. He’s learning in ways we often don’t get to see so up close.
He looks more like a boxing manager in the corner between rounds than a basketball coach.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
we have the NBA COACH OF THE YEAR.

PERIOD.

amazing moment between Coach and player where we saw IMMEDIATE dividends at the most crucial moment of the game.

I mean... I just watched it five times in a row and was just pumping my fists.
Best moment of the NBA playoffs yet! I'll tell you one thing, if the Coach of the Year award wasn't just a regular season thing, Monty would have been unanimous.