Bucks @ Suns Thursday Finals game thread 7-8-2021 - Game 2

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Damn this shouldn’t be so difficult…
Have you ever studied your **** off for an exam, and failed? If not, you would be in the unfathomably tiny % of humanity that has never experienced this.
Ayton entered the game focused. But he’s in a classroom of PhD’s and he’s a mere undergrad. He can be max-focused and it might still not be anywhere close to being good enough in this setting. So on Sunday, he gets to retake the exam. He will have learned from his shortcomings and he’ll play better…
Is this really that difficult to grasp?
Uh, I’ve never even failed an exam that I put in any effort because I still put in some effort. And I don’t think that places me in this infinitesimal percentage that you claim it does. Or perhaps I’ve just been blessed by being around a lot of exceptional people.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Actually, no. I've never failed an exam I studied my *** off for. I would think if I had, that would mean I had lost focus, since I was prepared. Look, it is what it is. Did you see Monty talking to Ayton? Ayton was playing tentative, unfocused, whatever you want to call it. Ayton needed that talk. It helped re-focus, re-center him, re-assert him, calm him, whatever you want to call it. It's ok to admit it.
Exactly.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a big moment came when un 4th that white bucks 3 pt shooter missed to could have cut suns lead to 3 instead of 6..... huge break than suns get a clutch hoop

Also gianniqs is unreal and built like a mountain let him get his jist contain holiday middleton

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We don't have a good coach. We have a great coach. Chills.
I get frustrated during games. But Monty is really the perfect coach for this team right now. That was a huge speech. Ayton needed that. Wasn’t berating him, but wasn’t excusing him. Laid expectations Ayton could reach. And it worked.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton had a
I think a big moment came when un 4th that white bucks 3 pt shooter missed to could have cut suns lead to 3 instead of 6..... huge break than suns get a clutch hoop

Also gianniqs is unreal and built like a mountain let him get his jist contain holiday middleton
I think that was the game plan, let gAnus do his thing, if he has the ball they cant be the best 3pt shooting team in the league.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get frustrated during games. But Monty is really the perfect coach for this team right now. That was a huge speech. Ayton needed that. Wasn’t berating him, but wasn’t excusing him. Laid expectations Ayton could reach. And it worked.
They were throwing bodies at DA tonight I would have been **mad** too.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not too down on Ayton. He got beat this game like Crowder did last game, but his guys picked him up and they won big, again.
Took the best shot Giannis could throw at them. who played one of the best games in playoff history, and got way more than his share of help from the refs tonight. G.A. had 20 free throws before the entire Suns team had six. The Bucks ran their entire offense through him full time.
He couldn't have done better, and still got spanked by the Suns team. (TEAM!)

What could Ayton have done defensively? Every time Giannis touched the ball he flopped and got the call. Offensively, the Suns just kept chucking up threes on most every possession. Never went down low to DA.

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I suggest you watch the footage of his play this year, including in the G League, other than the meaningless regular season finale in San Antonio.

I wasn't being facetious when I said the Suns would be at least a minus-7 for every minute Stix plays. He is nowhere near ready to contribute so much as a minute in any NBA game that counts.
Just like your analysis of Cam
Just stop

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just like your analysis of Cam
Just stop

I was wrong about Cam.

But this is not speculation at this point. It is empirical. There is still time for Stix to be a success in the long run, but THIS season he has been an absolute disaster in both the NBA AND the G League.

He's just not ready for professional basketball. That much is obvious.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We don't have a good coach. We have a great coach. Chills.

we have the NBA COACH OF THE YEAR.

PERIOD.

amazing moment between Coach and player where we saw IMMEDIATE dividends at the most crucial moment of the game.

I mean... I just watched it five times in a row and was just pumping my fists.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Eh, maybe...they most likely would only need him to go in and give Ayton a rest for a few minutes at most. Maybe give a foul or two to Giannis. It's not like they would be playing him at crunch time. I don't see that it could cause so much harm to give him a few minutes to get Ayton some rest, if they are indeed short another big if Craig is out.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was wrong about Cam.

But this is not speculation at this point. It is empirical. There is still time for Stix to be a success in the long run, but THIS season he has been an absolute disaster in both the NBA AND the G League.

He's just not ready for professional basketball. That much is obvious.
You have no clue. Who's to say what will happen if he comes in. Next man up
Your whole analysis of this team has been wrong for 2 years but yet you still spin your negativity no matter.
I just dont get it
Go Suns!