Bucks @ Suns Thursday Finals game thread 7-8-2021 - Game 2

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat Connaughton has been a thon in the Suns side with his shooting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craig is a couple inches taller than Nader but Nader is slightly heavier.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course we need Game 1 Ayton… But I can also understand how and why Game 2 Ayton shows up. I think if anyone can’t understand and accept - yes, ACCEPT that a 22 year-old pup will look like Game 2 Ayton, well, I have to seriously question that persons’ understanding of NBA Championship level basketball…
Fine. He's 22. He's been a lot more consistently focused in these playoffs than the regular season, so if you're making the point that it was the stage he's on, or the Bucks adjusted to him, I don't think that's it. I think it was just one of those games. It's ok to admit it. I spent the majority of yesterday arguing on the realgm board that he is the Suns most valuable player this post season. I'm not hating to hate. We really need him focused though, so it's very important he stays locked in for the rest of the series. Because staying focused is what championship basketball is about.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Fine. He's 22. He's been a lot more consistently focused in these playoffs than the regular season, so if you're making the point that it was the stage he's on, or the Bucks adjusted to him, I don't think that's it. I think it was just one of those games. It's ok to admit it. I spent the majority of yesterday arguing on the realgm board that he is the Suns most valuable player this post season. I'm not hating to hate. We really need him focused though, so it's very important he stays locked in for the rest of the series. Because staying focused is what championship basketball is about.
I also believe he’s been our MVP thus far…
And, I also believe he can be “focused,” and still be ineffective.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ABC 15 just showed the huddle with Monty and Ayton.

Monty is such a good motivater. Telling him he can't get his stats, that's fine, impact the game with force.

That was the 4th quarter hype session that got him going.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear to God, the postgame shows locally are FREAKING TERRIBLE. Just show us the press conferences so we can see our guys talk. No one wants to listen to old ****** and Steven Freaking Hunter!

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I also believe he’s been our MVP thus far…
And, I also believe he can be “focused,” and still be ineffective.
If you're saying he was focused tonight, I'd say you've got the Fandom goggles on. You did see Monty talking to Ayton tonight, yes?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ABC 15 just showed the huddle with Monty and Ayton.

Monty is such a good motivater. Telling him he can't get his stats, that's fine, impact the game with force.

That was the 4th quarter hype session that got him going.

ir worked. He came out and FINISHED that game like a beast.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, but I’m right. Craig would not grab his knee that way and stay down and have to be helped off if it was just a contusion.
I’ve torn ligaments, I also once slammed my knee in a car door. The car door hurt waaaaaay worse… for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile some guys tear their acl and stroll off the court.

If the team was leaning towards a serious injury they’d probably call it what they always do before and MRI, a “strain”.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His shots don’t even look close either. We need first round Payne back.

Next season the Suns need to carry three point guards. Monty must not have had confidence in him to play him only 10 minutes.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If you're saying he was focused tonight, I'd say you've got the Fandom goggles on. You did see Monty talking to Ayton tonight, yes?
Damn this shouldn’t be so difficult…
Have you ever studied your **** off for an exam, and failed? If not, you would be in the unfathomably tiny % of humanity that has never experienced this.
Ayton entered the game focused. But he’s in a classroom of PhD’s and he’s a mere undergrad. He can be max-focused and it might still not be anywhere close to being good enough in this setting. So on Sunday, he gets to retake the exam. He will have learned from his shortcomings and he’ll play better…
Is this really that difficult to grasp?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next season the Suns need to carry three point guards. Monty must not have had confidence in him to play him only 10 minutes.

They have 3 now. Its the NBA finals, all starters are playing 40+ minutes. It not so much about not trusting Cam Payne as its not wanting Paul or Booker off the floor. When Bridges plays this good, you can't really go with the 3 Guard lineup either with CP3, Payne, and Book.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have 3 now. Its the NBA finals, all starters are playing 40+ minutes. It not so much about not trusting Cam Payne as its not wanting Paul or Booker off the floor. When Bridges plays this good, you can't really go with the 3 Guard lineup either with CP3, Payne, and Book.

I think the Suns need a point guard behind Payne. Consider it as insurance if you like. Moore and Galloway have not been big contributors.