Bucks @ Suns Sunday game thread 3-8-20

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns wrap up their six game home stand with the Bucks before hitting the road for two games at the Trail Blazers (Tuesday) and at the Mavericks (Saturday).

Bucks (53-10) lost at the Lakers in their last outing on Friday 113-103.

Suns (25-38) are fresh off their win against Portland.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

Start time is scheduled for 3 p.m. MST (Arizona time).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns wrap up their six game home stand with the Bucks before hitting the road for two games at the Trail Blazers (Tuesday) and at the Mavericks (Saturday).

Bucks (53-10) lost at the Lakers in their last outing on Friday 113-103.

Suns (25-38) are fresh off their win against Portland.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

Start time is scheduled for 3 p.m. MST (Arizona time).

Arizona time should be PST tomorrow because of daylight saving time tonight. It could be PDT instead of PST but I know it'll be Pacific instead of Mountain because we'll have the same time as California and Nevada.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona time should be PST tomorrow because of daylight saving time tonight. It could be PDT instead of PST but I know it'll be Pacific instead of Mountain because we'll have the same time as California and Nevada.

I was using the information on the Suns.com schedule which shows a start time of 3 p.m. MST.

My on screen DirecTV guide also shows the same time.

It's something to watch for sure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bridges has scored 18, 12, 15, 13 and 10 points in his last five games so it is doable.
We are celebrating the 10th pick in a loaded draft averaging 13.5 pts/game over a 5 game stretch 3/4ths of the way into his 2nd season. Let that marinate.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks Mainstreet for the GDT as always.
Look, we as Sun's fans cannot deny the improvement the organization has made
with Williams as the head coach. The guy has had to deal with a 25 game suspension,
many extended injuries to key bench and starting players. and yet the Suns have
improved to 25 wins with 19 left to play.

I'm hoping for 5 more wins or better to give this organization a 'stepping stone' onto
the 2020 -2021 campaign.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
We are celebrating the 10th pick in a loaded draft averaging 13.5 pts/game over a 5 game stretch 3/4ths of the way into his 2nd season. Let that marinate.

To be fair, he is easily the best defensive player on the team, and a very good defender in general.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't realize how much Mikal improved his shooting this year. Last season he shot 43% on 6.9 attempts a game. He also shot 33.5% from 3 with 3.8 attempts a game. So he was primarily a 3pt shooter that wasn't that good at knocking them down. This year he's shooting 51.3% on 6.2 attempts, with 2.4 of those being 3's and hitting 35.5% from downtown. It gets even better when looking at games he's started, he has 22 starts, and is hitting 52.4% from the field and 43% from 3. That's on 7.6 attempts overall and 3.6 of those are 3pt attempts.

That's helped his scoring improve also, although it hasn't on the year to date, 8.5 ppg vs 8.3 last year, in his starts he's averaged 11.1 ppg. I'd like to see him get closer to 15 but I think that will happen with time.

If he continues his current trajectory then he'll be a top 10 3&D wing by the time his rookie contract is up, possibly top 5. He's probably close to the top 10 right now and he's only 23 years old. Loaded draft or not, that's good for a player selected 10th overall and is in his 2nd season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And I think Bridges can be so much better offensively as he learns when and where to take his shots. He is not just a perimeter threat. Bridges is learning to take a variety of other shots and even going to the basket.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And I think Bridges can be so much better offensively as he learns when and where to take his shots. He is not just a perimeter threat. Bridges is learning to take a variety of other shots and even going to the basket.
Without Oubre and Cam, Bridges needs to put up more shots no more deferring to everyone else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To be fair, he is easily the best defensive player on the team, and a very good defender in general.
All true. And all still doesn’t negate the extreme disappointment on the other end of the court. Let’s not forget we thought he’d be an elite 3-D guy. Judging by team stats he’s shooting below league average from three. So he’s not an elite 3-D guy. He’s an adequate 3 and very good D guy. That we got with the 10th pick. For which we traded two picks. And it was a loaded draft.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All true. And all still doesn’t negate the extreme disappointment on the other end of the court. Let’s not forget we thought he’d be an elite 3-D guy. Judging by team stats he’s shooting below league average from three. So he’s not an elite 3-D guy. He’s an adequate 3 and very good D guy. That we got with the 10th pick. For which we traded two picks. And it was a loaded draft.
He is shooting 35.5 from three and improving. His offensive efficiency is very good. See Hoop’s post above. He is a very good 3and D player and clearly on his way to elite. We have made a lot of draft mistakes but Mikal is not one of them. He is playing commensurate to his draft position.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Be nice to atleast be competitive this gm vs a championship potential team....

Sucks on ayton being out but be better to have him full g9 next season long as he doesn't do something stupid lol

Go suns!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is shooting 35.5 from three and improving. His offensive efficiency is very good. See Hoop’s post above. He is a very good 3and D player and clearly on his way to elite. We have made a lot of draft mistakes but Mikal is not one of them. He is playing commensurate to his draft position.

you can't be a very good 3 and D player if you're not very good in both the 3 and D. He's not a good 3 point shooter at this point. period.

and "clearly on his way to being elite"? jesus... you guys overrate Suns players so much here. He's promising but the idea that he's clearly on his way to being elite is a gross overstatement.

and he's not just the 10th pick. He's the 10th pick AND another first round pick in a loaded draft. He's got a ways to go before he's commensurate to what we gave up to get him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As a starter this year Bridges is shooting 44% from 3 with a 66ts%. In his last 26 games he’s shooting exactly 40% from 3. He seems to be adjusting without the hitch but I think we can get excited if his overall 3pt % gets up around 40 for the season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah I think 35.5% is under league average. Not elite. He’s a one way player right now. And he was supposed to be “almost finished” product as an older guy.

look I like bridges. He’s part of the solution. But I don’t think we got value there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As a starter this year Bridges is shooting 44% from 3 with a 66ts%. In his last 26 games he’s shooting exactly 40% from 3. He seems to be adjusting without the hitch but I think we can get excited if his overall 3pt % gets up around 40 for the season.
I’d agree with that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson