Bryant Johnson performance

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
He's a stud! Looks like he's bulked up and still has great speed. Just glided into endzone on the 58 yd TD. Raiders say CB missed tackle, I say BJ broke it!

Looks almost like David Boston (minus the mental issues).

Ladies and Gentleman we have added another Pro Bowler to our wide-receiver corp. (IMO)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BJ's play was definitely the highlight of the entire game. Hopefully Matt's got enough time to get him the ball and he can take that kind of game into the games when they really count.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That's highly encouraging. I just hope that he manages to prove that he can make the big catch. Without that, he'll still be useless.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
The guy has a lot of talent, if he can be consistently productive like he's capable this offense could be nearly unstoppable.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really impressed with both Kurt Warner and Bryant Johnson. It would be nice to have a deep threat finally. That should take some pressure off Boldin and Fitz. Question is how many 3 WR sets will Whiz use this year?

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
I was really impressed with both Kurt Warner and Bryant Johnson. It would be nice to have a deep threat finally. That should take some pressure off Boldin and Fitz. Question is how many 3 WR sets will Whiz use this year?

Good observation! I'm guessing the FB blocking for Edge gets thrown out before 1st regular season game. Shipp seems to thrive in that formation but Edge needs a more wide open offense. I only saw the run to pass strategy when we pinned back on the 3-yd line; otherwise, the play-calling looked pretty much like the past few years. I'm hoping BJ forces the issue to having all 3 on the field with Edge and no blocking FB. That's the Big Reds' identity.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
johnson shines every preseason and dissapears once the real games start.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm thrilled we have someone with Johnson's talent as out 3rd receiver.

Far more important things to worry about(OL) than to pick at this issue in my opinion. If we had anything close to this depth at other positions we would be talking Superbowl.....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard