Bryan deserves a ring, Bobby

nowagimp

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
You're a fool if you think I and the rest of the people that are defending Sarver will think it's "ok" for him to NOT sign Boris to an extension. He better sign him to an extension, that much is certain. Just stop judging us simply because we disagree with you!

NOT SIGN BORIS DIAW? I'll never back Sarver on that one, no way. Right now Boris Diaw may be the biggest shining light in the suns future. If Sarver does not sign Boris Diaw he will be forever a moron, idiot etc, everything cheese says, and not just in PHX, in all the NBA. Sarvers time is coming, if he gets weak with the salary cap and disassembles this team he's toast.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
chap - you say that as if I care - it's fun to be to the guy everyone loves to hate! It makes me NOROTIOUS!

Is that you Sarver.;)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Let me see if I'm following you Cheesy...

Refusing to overpay for JJ = Lowballing JJ = Sarver's Cheap

Overpaying for Nash (at the time) = Bryan Colangelo's a Genius = Sarver Got Bailed Out

Right?

Last edited:

sunsfn

Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
BC leaving is in no way sarvers fault. BC staying on as gm was all part of the agreement when they chose to sell the team. so if they lowballed themselves to sell the team and then now that the team is doing well they are having sellers remorse too bad suck it up and have some loyalty to stick with a contract that you chose to sign. I remember when all the rumors were going around JC said that BC was loyal and he thought that he would make the right decision. and if sarver was screwing over Brian why wouldnt jerry have left yet?

UUHHH, something about the 65 mil still owed Jerry and his friends, means he is staying until they get the money.
If I remember right, he has another 3? years on a contract to stay.
I would have to look that up though.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sundevilscott said:
Even if Bryan is completely the reason we have the pieces of this team that we do he is not a part of the team anymore and did not stay the whole season so he does not deserve a ring if that happens. but i tend to agree with Redstorm, Lets win Game 5!!

This is the most intelligent post ever in the history of ASFN. SDScott is a pretty smart guy...:thumbup: :D

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
he was outperforming his contract - he had every right to renegotiate midway through. It's not a matter of class - that's business, especially when someone else is offering you TONS MORE MONEY.

As far as your "same logic" argument - Sarver DOES have an option of doing something if someone performs poorly - he can fire their ass.

I also never heard the other stuff you mentioned - could be true -could be spin who knows.

And if someone is "out-performing" their contract (unless specifics are spelled out then it is all subjective as to someone out performing their contract...), they can quit and move on. BC did that. So, what's the difference?

IMO, BC did have an impact while he was here but he left. His choice. He wanted to move on. He felt he was worth more and he got more. But, he will not get a ring if we win it all. He got what he was looking for...more money (and a big rebuilding job). If he wanted a ring then he should have stayed. We all make choices. BC made his....Sacrifice a chance at a ring for more money. His choice.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
You're a fool if you think I and the rest of the people that are defending Sarver will think it's "ok" for him to NOT sign Boris to an extension. He better sign him to an extension, that much is certain. Just stop judging us simply because we disagree with you!

uh - Chap - where the hell did I say anyone would rise to his - oh yeah, I guess I did imply that.

No - I'm an agreement with you on the above, I think the board would literally melt down like the Nazis at the end of Raiders if Boris wasn't signed to an extension. Again - I'm waiting for that news to come with baited breath. He gets that deal done, I've really got no problems with him.

That being said, I'll continue to judge you! I was in law school for two years, might as well put that time to good use somehow!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
uh - Chap - where the hell did I say anyone would rise to his - oh yeah, I guess I did imply that.

No - I'm an agreement with you on the above, I think the board would literally melt down like the Nazis at the end of Raiders if Boris wasn't signed to an extension. Again - I'm waiting for that news to come with baited breath. He gets that deal done, I've really got no problems with him.

That being said, I'll continue to judge you! I was in law school for two years, might as well put that time to good use somehow!
Oh yeah, well I took business law, so there! What were we talking about anyway? :shrug:

sunsfn

Reaction score
I am certainly not a Sarver fan, but if the Suns do win it all, I believe Sarver will give BC a ring.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
FYI - Thom Brennaman on the D-Backs telecast just jumped into this debate by calling Robert Sarver "moronic" for his latest comments.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Haha, man I love Thom Brennaman. What else did he say, and did Grace say anything?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
I am certainly not a Sarver fan, but if the Suns do win it all, I believe Sarver will give BC a ring.

I agree. BC helped build this current team and should get part of the credit.

The Suns have always been a classy organization and this would be the classy thing to do.

Of course the Suns still have to win a Championship this year which will not be an easy task.

I think Sarver will do the right thing by BC if this situation should arise.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
eh I don't think Brian gets a ring, he did a good job building the team, but he is not part of the franchise anymore so tough luck.

Nasser22

Reaction score
That's true in some cases but people get rings in all sports so that really doesen't matter. I'm sure he watches enough basketball to know who deserves a ring and who doesen't.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
That's true in some cases but people get rings in all sports so that really doesen't matter. I'm sure he watches enough basketball to know who deserves a ring and who doesen't.

Thom Brennaman? Seriously?

Brennaman's opinion about basketball counts and Sarver is cheap...

The world IS ending!

Nasser22

Reaction score
And what's wrong with Thom Brennaman? It doesen't take much basketball knowledge at all to have an opinion on who deserves a ring.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
And what's wrong with Thom Brennaman? It doesen't take much basketball knowledge at all to have an opinion on who deserves a ring.

Unless he has NO IDEA about what actually happened in the organization. But, you're right, BC and Sarver talk to Thom freaking Brennaman every day about it... :rolleyes:

Nasser22

Reaction score
For all you know Brennaman could be more knowledgable about basketball than you. Just because he makes his living doing baseball stuff doesen't mean he's clueless about everything else. :rolleyes: He speaks the truth. :rockon:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
For all you know Brennaman could be more knowledgable about basketball than you. Just because he makes his living doing baseball stuff doesen't mean he's clueless about everything else. :rolleyes: He speaks the truth. :rockon:

He only speaks the truth because you agree with him.

If he said he thinks Russ Ortiz is a stud, would he be right about that?

Nasser22

Reaction score
And if he agreed with you you wouldn't be saying anything. He has a right to an opinion just as much as every single person on this board. And I just believe that if someone does so much for the team then he should get the ring IF THEY WIN. That's just my opinion but I am so dissapointed in the Suns right now...DAMN!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Unless he has NO IDEA about what actually happened in the organization. But, you're right, BC and Sarver talk to Thom freaking Brennaman every day about it... :rolleyes:

chap - is it really that much of stretch to believe that a local sportscaster who works with and talks to probably all the atheletes/sports people in Phoenix actually knows more about this than you? That couldnt' be, right? I mean, what the hell does he know? It's just his job being inside and around the world of Phoenix sports for a living.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everybody relax, because unfortunately we're not gonna get to the point where this scenario needs to be handled.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seriously.

But - we win Game 6, it goes to 7 and all bets are off - I suggest we leave this thread where it is until we actually have a shot of it meaning something.

(that way - I get the last word also!).

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
not so fast cheese! I say he built it he should get a ring, only because it's the right thing to do, sarvers so called magic touch has nothing to do with Amares maturing, and all the 3 pointers we ring up. the players we have were because of BC. that along with D'antoni's coaching,that is why we have been successful the last 2 years. Not sarver magic.