Bruce Arians: The NFL's Ultimate Quarterback Whisperer

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
That is as good and well-written an article as I have ever read. BA is for real, man. Honest to goodness, he is a one of a kind coach.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This was awesome. Thanks for sharing it. Journalism and access like this is going to make it increasingly difficult to dismiss Shaun Church and the rest of The Bleacher Report.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I almost didn't click on the link because I saw bleacher report in the tag line but then all the positive comments persuaded me to read the article. Glad I did because that was an incredible read.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
next draft drafting a qb with the 1st pick is a must
stanton has 1 year left ,palmer will be 37 with 2 acl tear
thomas is a tigh end
probably we need to trade up,we cant ignore that position going forward

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Great article!!!

Now we all need to get together at BAs hotel for a drink since we know where he stays so we can listen to his stories lol:D

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for providing this awesome article for us to read. It is the ultimate confirmation for those of us who had developed a love for the results Arians has brought to Arizona.

Now we not only see how Arians himself, helped to produce great quarterbacks throughout his coaching history, but we got to see just how Steve Keim and Arians developed their unique single mindedness about how they run this franchise and this roster.

How fantastically amazing that Arians, the consummate listener and learner behind the bar, was able to detect the possibility of the moment that would change his whole life inside football, when he and Keim were sharing drinks at a watering hole together as members of opposing franchises that night in Tempe. It was the ultimate scout, interviewing the ultimate QB whisperer alone together in a Tempe bar. It was a meeting that would change Michael Bidwill's franchise forever, and the one that would seamlessly pave the way for the joining of the triumvirate of Bidwill, Keim, and Arians, despite the loud objections of so many over passing by the likely local replacement of head coach with the current defensive co-ordinator.

How fascinated I was to learn how BA acquired his philosophy of "coach 'em hard and hug 'em harder later", the last words spoken by coaching legend Bear Bryant to Bruce Arians when the two shared a final hug upon their parting, just three weeks before Bryant's death.

I love this brilliantly written article published by Bleacher Report, (an often frowned upon source of football information), which just grew exponentially in my estimation. It shows exactly what I have believed all along, that football is so much more about feelings and confidence than it is about X's and O's, and about (want to, as opposed to talent). How often do we see such terrible waste of talent due to lack of want to?

I would strongly urge any of you who passed this article over because of its length, to go back and really look into it, as you will see what shapes and what drives Bruce Arians, the coach and QB whisperer.

Last edited:

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for providing this awesome article for us to read. It is the ultimate confirmation for those of us who had developed a love for the results Arians has brought to Arizona.

Now we not only see how Arians himself, helped to produce great quarterbacks throughout his coaching history, but we got to see just how Steve Keim and Arians developed their unique single mindedness about how they run this franchise and this roster.

How fantastically amazing that Arians, the consummate listener and learner behind the bar, was able to detect the possibility of the moment that would change his whole life inside football, when he and Keim were sharing drinks at a watering hole together as members of opposing franchises that night in Tempe. It was the ultimate scout, interviewing the ultimate QB whisperer alone together in a Tempe bar. It was a meeting that would change Michael Bidwill's franchise forever, and the one that would seamlessly pave the way for the joining of the triumvirate of Bidwill, Keim, and Arians, despite the loud objections of so many over passing by the likely local replacement of head coach with the current defensive co-ordinator.

How fascinated I was to learn how BA acquired his philosophy of "coach 'em hard and hug 'em harder later", the last words spoken by coaching legend Bear Bryant to Bruce Arians when the two shared a final hug upon their parting, just three weeks before Bryant's death.

I love this brilliantly written article published by Bleacher Report, (an often frowned upon source of football information), which just grew exponentially in my estimation. It shows exactly what I have believed all along, that football is so much more about feelings and confidence than it is about X's and O's, and about (want to, as opposed to talent). How often do we see such terrible waste of talent due to lack of want to?

I would strongly urge any of you who passed this article over because of its length, to go back and really look into it, as you will see what shapes and what drives Bruce Arians, the coach and QB whisperer.

Said beautifully, Catfish!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good article.

BA is as real as it gets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads