Breaking Bad (AMC)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ITF, it didn't even occur to me. I'm surprised they did that and censured the F bomb instead of something else.

I forgot about the muffeled f bomb utterance. I thought maybe it was my local carrier, Comcast. I don't recall them censoring words before.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this show is amazing. I wasn't sure how they would handle the Skylar-Walt relationship because I knew they had to get him back in the house... but wow. just awesome.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
I forgot about the muffeled f bomb utterance. I thought maybe it was my local carrier, Comcast. I don't recall them censoring words before.

Now to go off topic a little bit, but I will never understand government regs on things like this. You can't say the F word, but in this show we have seen dead bodies, bodies melted by acid, a woman choke to death on her own puke, a severed head on a turtle, people get burnt alive in a hay truck, etc. But the use of a curse word will tear into the fabric of our family values?

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Now to go off topic a little bit, but I will never understand government regs on things like this. You can't say the F word, but in this show we have seen dead bodies, bodies melted by acid, a woman choke to death on her own puke, a severed head on a turtle, people get burnt alive in a hay truck, etc. But the use of a curse word will tear into the fabric of our family values?

It is pretty dumb but I know there is some agreement by cable companies that they won't allow f bombs or something like that. I think last year when Walt was yelling at Gretchen (his old partner who offered to pay for his treatment) he dropped an f bomb but I believe that was bleeped out as well.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Not how I remember it. He used them as his alibi for where the money was coming from.

Not sure if this got answered, but Walt did turn down money from his old partner to pay for the cancer treatments. He did it because he felt his old partner stole from him.

So, one the one hand, Walt was sticking up for himself by refusing the money. On the other, he was committing the sin of Pride, especially when his only alternative was to cook some Meth for the money for treatment.

That is the nature of this show, after all. A lot of 'on the one hand, on the other hand'.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another great hour of TV's best show tonight.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
It goes without saying that was another fantastic episode. A few notes:
-As I mentioned earlier I really like Mike (the clean up guy). I am sure we are going to be seeing a lot of him since he is the one guy who seems to be connected to everyone.
-Is it just me or does anyone else think season 4 may be centered on a cartel war? Gus seems to have no interest in stopping his partnership with Walt until Walt dies from cancer. There is no way the Cousins are going to be happy with that.
-Can't get enough Saul. Who else would have a box full of neck braces in their office? Who else would be asking someone if a nut or bolt, or even a bag of peanuts from the plane landed in your yard? He is just fantastic.
-My final note, I really love the way they are developing Hank's storyline. His story isn't going to end well (like anyone else on this show will). He knows that he has ruined his chance at career advancement but obviously is thinking catching Heisenberg will help. What do you think the authorities are going to say when they find out the lead DEA agent never realized the guy he is chasing is his brother-in-law? Dean Norris has just impressed me with his acting every step of the way, as has this entire cast. Can't wait to see where this season takes us.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
One more note I forgot to add, Bryan Cranston finally looked like his character Hal from Malcom in the Middle. When he is dragging the plant over and Skyler asks him what he is doing, and deadpans everything is fine, I couldn't stop laughing. His comedic chops are so good and he was really able to show them off during this episode.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
The episode from a few weeks ago had a pizza on the roof. The pizza is from Venezia's! 4 locations in the East Valley. And New Mexico.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Another great hour. I think we are about half way through the new season and things are really starting to come together.

-Gus is a frightening character. He talks with such a calm demeanor yet there are moments in his speak that sound evil. He just knows how to manipulate people for his own good. Also that scene where they are in the new lab was great. Cranston looked like a kid in a candy store.

-Is it just me or does anyone else think Gomez isn't coming back to New Mexico alive?

-Good to see Combo back for a scene and see Jesse back as his care-free self, even if it were for just a minute or two.

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Tonight's episode was the best of the season IMO.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Tonight's episode was the best of the season IMO.

Definitely the best of the season and quite possibly the best ever. Holy hell was that a great hour of tv. A couple of things:
-Does Hank even make it out of this season alive? I'm going to put my money on no.
-I don't think Gil (Walt's new lab partner) is going to be a good fit with Walt. He is too smart. I think he is there to get the formula so Gus can continue to cook his meth once he is gone.
-While I don't think Gil is going to be there for a while their cooking scene was fantastic. From his way of making coffee to playing chess while cooking, just great.
-They talk!!! While the Cousins were scary enough silent it was good to hear them speak, even though only bad news came from it.
-Do you think Hank has an idea Walt is somehow involved with that RV? I don't know what to make of his face once he found out Marie was alright but he is not happy. His downward spiral is complete. We are now just waiting for him to hit the floor.
-So sad to see that RV gone, but they sure did give us a great send off with that final scene in there.
-I love that Kramer from Jerry! (fake show inside of Seinfeld) was the lots owner.

Next week can't come soon enough.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Something significant clearly has to happen to Hank. I am hoping for some sort of major injury over death. Maybe he ends up in a wheelchair and has to deal.......

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely the best of the season and quite possibly the best ever. Holy hell was that a great hour of tv. A couple of things:
-Does Hank even make it out of this season alive? I'm going to put my money on no.
-I don't think Gil (Walt's new lab partner) is going to be a good fit with Walt. He is too smart. I think he is there to get the formula so Gus can continue to cook his meth once he is gone.
-While I don't think Gil is going to be there for a while their cooking scene was fantastic. From his way of making coffee to playing chess while cooking, just great.
-They talk!!! While the Cousins were scary enough silent it was good to hear them speak, even though only bad news came from it.
-Do you think Hank has an idea Walt is somehow involved with that RV? I don't know what to make of his face once he found out Marie was alright but he is not happy. His downward spiral is complete. We are now just waiting for him to hit the floor.
-So sad to see that RV gone, but they sure did give us a great send off with that final scene in there.
-I love that Kramer from Jerry! (fake show inside of Seinfeld) was the lots owner.

Next week can't come soon enough.

agreed with ALL of this.

Sal: "Even the Starship Enterprise had a self-destruct button"
Walt: Oh shut up! (Snapping his phone shut).

This is probably the best dark comedy in TV history. I too think Hank's got to die this season and even though it will most likely be a great moment, it will be bittersweet as he's become my favorite character in the show.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
agreed with ALL of this.

Sal: "Even the Starship Enterprise had a self-destruct button"
Walt: Oh shut up! (Snapping his phone shut).

This is probably the best dark comedy in TV history. I too think Hank's got to die this season and even though it will most likely be a great moment, it will be bittersweet as he's become my favorite character in the show.

Absolutely. This entire season has been about Hank and Skyler and both Dean Norris and Anna Gunn have knocked it out of the park. I find it kind of odd that you only saw Sky once this episode.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

I would have to say Hank and Sky are the characters I dislike the most, Saul and Walt are my favorites with Badger right behind them.

Last night was def one of the best and am curious to see how exactly the gus walt relationship comes to an end which i think will happen at the season finale

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missed the Sunday night airing, but saw it tonight On Demand. That is a great invention.

Interesting to figure out what happens with Jesse and Frank now. My guess is that Jesse has a short career, from this point on, or Hank disasppears very quickly. I don't think anyone else, at DEA, knows about Hank's recent revelations. Or, Hank gets scared shitless, since he realizes they know the identity of Marie. OnDeman cuts off before the next week previews, so I have no idea what is coming up. Anyone care to do a spoiler on the preview?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man I love this show just so intense to watch look forward to it every sunday :), I actually like breaking bad a lot better then the sopranos and i'm sure it will have a better finale then the sopranos and not just black out in mid.... well you know. Also loved the last episode when the two hitman were just siting in the fast food joint lol that was great, and the lab scene with walt's new partner. Looking forward to next week episode!!!!

JerkFace

Reaction score
Another incredible episode. It looks like Hank may be around longer than we thought.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a show that is so well written, I thought the last few minutes of the show was some of the most poorly executed I have seen.

Agreed. It got lazy and too cliche.
Jesse should be dead with the beating Hank gave him. Hank should be dead with as many shots as he took. I have played that scene, when Marie and Hank exit the elevator, ten times and the dialogue is impossible to hear. WTH happened there. Any guesses as to who warned Hank?

BTW, will Walter ever tell Skyler to take the money, **** and go away?

P.S. Saul was great once again.

Last edited:

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Agree with your take above Wally, but I would like to add something else...

The twins are shown as a bad ass duo who kills everything in their path. And the best they can do to kill Hank is to put together the weakest most lousiest attempt for a hit? Then to top it off, the able bodied brother gets so sloppy he doesn't disarm Hank or even notice that on his way back Hank has the gun.

The same cold blooded dudes who shot the arms dealer to see if the vests worked.

I did enjoy the flashback though. But they missed an opportunity to show Tuco in the background eating paint chips.

Saul was awesome once again. Some of the best lines are definitely reserved for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard