Breaking Bad (AMC)

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the warning to Hank came from Polo's man in an attempt to help get rid of the cousins causing conflict in his territory. The same man that had originally bugged Walt's house was probably the messenger.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the warning to Hank came from Polo's man in an attempt to help get rid of the cousins causing conflict in his territory. The same man that had originally bugged Walt's house was probably the messenger.

Good take. Forgot all about that guy.
And he used a voice shredder.. Just like his other hi tech devices

Last edited:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with your take above Wally, but I would like to add something else...

The twins are shown as a bad ass duo who kills everything in their path. And the best they can do to kill Hank is to put together the weakest most lousiest attempt for a hit? Then to top it off, the able bodied brother gets so sloppy he doesn't disarm Hank or even notice that on his way back Hank has the gun.

The same cold blooded dudes who shot the arms dealer to see if the vests worked.

I did enjoy the flashback though. But they missed an opportunity to show Tuco in the background eating paint chips.

Saul was awesome once again. Some of the best lines are definitely reserved for him.

Accidentally, I found that flashback scene last week on the AMC site, and at that time, wondered why it wasn't in an episode. Now I know. It was an extended preview. I'll have to go back and see if there is another extended preview for next week.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
For a show that is so well written, I thought the last few minutes of the show was some of the most poorly executed I have seen.

Couldn't disagree with you more. I thought that was the best 10 minutes of tv I have ever seen.

The Cousins have showed us they like to kill with that ax not with guns. As he said right before making the kill was "Too easy," it was too simple for them to kill Hank with a gun. Also who is to say Hank won't die. Granted I doubt he will but he is now seriously screwed up.

I think this episode was by far the best episode of the series and one of the best episodes of all tv history. It brought a bunch of the story lines to a head at the exact same time. Hank's PTSD finally came out as he beat the hell out of Jesse, Jesse finally told Walt what has been building for 2 years, the Cousins get to Hank, who we have seen have this aura of invincibility (though I believe that is starting to wear off, if both Cousins are dead don't you think the Cartel will be even more pissed off at Hank for killing the Cousins and Tuco?), and finally Walt and Jesse are back together. So much action add to that heart pounding scene in the parking lot.

One final note I think this episode pretty much sealed Aaron Paul's second nomination and hopefully his first win for an emmy. His speech to Walt about what he was going to do to Hank and then when he finally exploded on Walt were things of beauty. I think this episode may finally push this show over the top of Mad Men for the emmy for best show. I would imagine Cranston won't win, not because he doesn't deserve it but I can't see them giving the award to the same guy for three straight years but they would compromise and give the show and Paul the awards. On a side note Dean Norris needs a nomination, he has been fantastic all year.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who else would he work for?

The hit was authorized by the Pollo's guy.

Yeah, but

Wasnt that after Pollo guy, Walt and Jesse agreed to the new mixing team? Then Jesse might have gotten blamed for the hit on Hank. Saul was quite adamant that the revenge thing with Jesse's tirade was not the thing to do. So hi tech snoopy guy works for Saul, and was told to do the warning.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Couldn't disagree with you more. I thought that was the best 10 minutes of tv I have ever seen.

The Cousins have showed us they like to kill with that ax not with guns. As he said right before making the kill was "Too easy," it was too simple for them to kill Hank with a gun. Also who is to say Hank won't die. Granted I doubt he will but he is now seriously screwed up.

I think this episode was by far the best episode of the series and one of the best episodes of all TV history. It brought a bunch of the story lines to a head at the exact same time. Hank's PTSD finally came out as he beat the hell out of Jesse, Jesse finally told Walt what has been building for 2 years, the Cousins get to Hank, who we have seen have this aura of invincibility (though I believe that is starting to wear off, if both Cousins are dead don't you think the Cartel will be even more pissed off at Hank for killing the Cousins and Tuco?), and finally Walt and Jesse are back together. So much action add to that heart pounding scene in the parking lot.

One final note I think this episode pretty much sealed Aaron Paul's second nomination and hopefully his first win for an emmy. His speech to Walt about what he was going to do to Hank and then when he finally exploded on Walt were things of beauty. I think this episode may finally push this show over the top of Mad Men for the emmy for best show. I would imagine Cranston won't win, not because he doesn't deserve it but I can't see them giving the award to the same guy for three straight years but they would compromise and give the show and Paul the awards. On a side note Dean Norris needs a nomination, he has been fantastic all year.

The first thing I thought when the cousin went to get the Axe out of his trunk was the episode were the cousins were at the old house on the Santa Ana pueblo. The Santa Ana police officer comes up to check on the old lady that lives there and he discovers her body. The cousin comes up from behind and whacks the cop with the shovel. They seem to like to kill in that cruel fashion.

It is a little over the top how they move around so freely and cause so much death and destruction without much suspicion from law enforcement. At the end of last nights episode my wife was yelling for law enforcement. She did not want the cousins to end Hank's life.

We did enjoy the episode very much and we are always eager for the next one on Sunday nights.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Who else would he work for?

The hit was authorized by the Pollo's guy.

It probably came from Gus but I don't know. At that point Gus already knew Jesse was going to come work for him so taking out Hank probably would have been a good idea. With this show who knows. As of right now I think the order to call Hank came from Gus and the call to Hank was made by Mike (the cleaner)

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jesus, this show is great. Can't wait till next week's episode written by my friend Genny who was the writer's asst. the last three years and just got staffed on full time for season 4!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can get seasons 1 and 2 for 20.00 bucks? Is it worth it?