Bosa?? or Allen??

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bosa and enjoy him and Jones rack up 25 sacks per game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hoping cards dont trade out of num 1 pick and opt to take bosa him and jones could wreck pain on qb.

bosa just has huge talent I like allan also though both have good nfl future

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’d take Haskins. .

Bosa not ever playing OLB is a legitimate concern. He’s been a down lineman his entire playing career.

I think he’s going to be DE if the Cards pick him.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
Bosa please. My second choice would be Williams. In fairness to Allen I haven’t followed him at all. His stats are very impressive

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d take Haskins. .

Bosa not ever playing OLB is a legitimate concern. He’s been a down lineman his entire playing career.

I think he’s going to be DE if the Cards pick him.
So is it Bosa or Allen?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d take Bosa over Allen. But I wouldn’t play him at OLB.
I believe Chubb (Broncos) was a DE converted to olb . I think he had 12 sacks. Bosa will be our starting olb should we draft him. That’s not to say he won’t ever drop down in certain situation.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, there's practically zero chance Bosa ends up playing 3-4 DE for us, but there's sure to be situations where the look ends up more like a 4-3.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I don`t see why Bosa can`t play DE in the 3-4 .He can hold his own at POA and he has great strength and technique.If you can hold your own at 265-275 what`s the problem? It comes down to skill,strength and ability to shed blocks.If a guy is 290 plus and gets stuck by every block in his way then what good is that?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don`t see why Bosa can`t play DE in the 3-4 .He can hold his own at POA and he has great strength and technique.If you can hold your own at 265-275 what`s the problem? It comes down to skill,strength and ability to shed blocks.If a guy is 290 plus and gets stuck by every block in his way then what good is that?
Because he's a natural pass rusher, for one, and he's going to be more effective coming off the edge. Plus, even at 275, he's still way lighter than some of the best at the position, like Aaron Donald and JJ Watt.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Imo, it will be a big mistake to take Bosa and play him as a LB. He's not that type of athlete and he's not going to be able to cover anybody. I asked my scout friend yesterday if he could see Bosa at OLB. His response was, he sees him as down lineman. I 100% agree with that. He loves Bosa as a player too and thinks he will be a star, but as a DL.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Imo, it will be a big mistake to take Bosa and play him as a LB. He's not that type of athlete and he's not going to be able to cover anybody. I asked my scout friend yesterday if he could see Bosa at OLB. His response was, he sees him as down lineman. I 100% agree with that. He loves Bosa as a player too and thinks he will be a star, but as a DL.

4-3 DE? all day long

3/4 defensive end? that feels like a stretch

the Chargers made Joey Bosa a 3/4 OLB -- yes? [EDIT: Chargers run a 4-3 with Bosa at DE]

Last edited:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't care who's drafted so long as they put him in his NATURAL position. If they're gonna draft Bosa and ask him to cover....they're dummies! It never works ....I love seeing teams draft O line guys that've played left side their entire life at a very high level and move them to the right side and they struggle every game and yet they wonder why.
I'm 100% against drafting any player and trying to put the square peg in the round hole.....if they've mastered their position LEAVE THEM THERE NO MATTER WHAT....or don't draft them.
Look at Davis - he was an amazing guard in college and the Cards moved him to LT and he stunk....he went to Dallas and they put him AT HIS NATURAL POSITION LG and he was ALL PRO year after year after year and he PLOWED fools.
Look at the WR Cards drafted to move him to CB - LOL
It's no wonder the Cards can't get a center...they never draft one....they move guys who played guard to center...and pass up guys like Pouncy time and time again.
Whomever anyone drafts so long as you keep them at their natural skill position.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Because he's a natural pass rusher, for one, and he's going to be more effective coming off the edge. Plus, even at 275, he's still way lighter than some of the best at the position, like Aaron Donald and JJ Watt.

Bosa plays the run well also.Pass rushing is not his only skillset.He is a complete DE.Not a Simeon Rice pass rushing type who sucked versus the run.I would be happy with a DE who gets 10 sacks and plays good run defense with containment..NFL.com draft likes Bosa`s abilities to play 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Bosa plays the run well also.Pass rushing is not his only skillset.He is a complete DE.Not a Simeon Rice pass rushing type who sucked versus the run.I would be happy with a DE who gets 10 sacks and plays good run defense with containment skills.NFL.com draft likes Bosa`s abilities to play 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE.

Skills.NFL.com didn't work for me, but nonetheless, I have full faith in Bosa's ability to play very well, but I think he'll primarily be an OLB. If we want a guy to play 3-4 DE, then I'm thinking Quinnen Williams, but I'd rather have the pass rush.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score

Time will tell based on his combine results. If Bosa has a sub 7.00 3-cone and super explosive in the broad, vert, & short shuttle, then I wouldn’t put it past him being a successful 3-4 OLB in the NFL. The numbers tend to prove it out historically.

With all of that said, I’d still rather select Quinnen regardless of Bosa’s combine numbers especially since we already have Jones. We need to get far better at caving the pocket from the inside moving forward.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Time will tell based on his combine results. If Bosa has a sub 7.00 3-cone and super explosive in the broad, vert, & short shuttle, then I wouldn’t put it past him being a successful 3-4 OLB in the NFL. The numbers tend to prove it out historically.

With all of that said, I’d still rather select Quinnen regardless of Bosa’s combine numbers especially since we already have Jones. We need to get far better at caving the pocket from the inside moving forward.
I get there are reasons for picking Q over Bosa, but "because we already have Chandler" never made sense to me.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't care who's drafted so long as they put him in his NATURAL position. If they're gonna draft Bosa and ask him to cover....they're dummies! It never works ....I love seeing teams draft O line guys that've played left side their entire life at a very high level and move them to the right side and they struggle every game and yet they wonder why.
I'm 100% against drafting any player and trying to put the square peg in the round hole.....if they've mastered their position LEAVE THEM THERE NO MATTER WHAT....or don't draft them.
Look at Davis - he was an amazing guard in college and the Cards moved him to LT and he stunk....he went to Dallas and they put him AT HIS NATURAL POSITION LG and he was ALL PRO year after year after year and he PLOWED fools.
Look at the WR Cards drafted to move him to CB - LOL
It's no wonder the Cards can't get a center...they never draft one....they move guys who played guard to center...and pass up guys like Pouncy time and time again.
Whomever anyone drafts so long as you keep them at their natural skill position.

We have a quite good Center now and he was a Center.
the CB was a CB for 1 season in college and had high praises ... he busted.
For the rest, many players get moved in the NFL, some make it some don't.

Bosa would be in play for 3-4 DE or OLB ... so why not.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

NFL.COM likes Williams but also thinks he will have a hard time holding up versus bigger stronger NFL players versus the run.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I get there are reasons for picking Q over Bosa, but "because we already have Chandler" never made sense to me.

Bosa's ceiling is higher than Jones.

I think some people don't realize....teams rarely get a shot at drafting a player the caliber of Nick Bosa. Q Williams is a step down from Bosa.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
We could justify passing on Bosa for several reasons (medical, character, scheme fit etc), but not because we already have Chandler Jones. Actually, we have no edge rusher on the opposite side. Chandler Jones has been great for us, and will probably still be great next year. But he is already 29 years old and we all know that at some point every pass rusher is bound to decline physically and in terms of production. With Jones and Bosa we have a dangerous pass rushing duo immediately, as well as Jones' eventual replacement down the road.

The 3-4 OLB question is legit, but shouldn't downgrade Bosa by much. Golden is a stiff athlete who played DE in college and did fine. Bosa would immediately be one of the best edge setters among 3-4 OLB. On 3rd downs, he will be asked to do what he does best anyway. So as long as Vance Joseph doesn't totally screw up and drops him into coverage a lot, I think the issue is very minor. Just look at how Joseph used Chubb in his rookie season and I think that would be the plan for Bosa as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose