Bosa?? or Allen??

scandalous_b

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree totally with you, I'm a Kentucky fan anyways, have season tickets & I've watched Allen his whole career at UK. He can do it all, cover, gets into the backfield on running plays & can definitely sack the QB. All this while constantly getting double teamed by SEC offensive linemen, about the closest caliber off linemen to the NFL you will find in college.

Allen had 17 sacks this season alone, in 13 games. Bosa had 17 sacks in 29 games. They should take Allen over bosa.

It's not exactly fair to compare box scores between Allen & Bosa.

Bosa played on a loaded defensive line and rotated with a bunch of future NFL players during his Freshman & Sophomore seasons.

Just at DE, Bosa played with:
- Tyquan Lewis (2018 2nd Round Pick)
- Sam Hubbard (2018 3rd Round Pick)
- Jalyn Holmes (2018 4th Round Pick)
- Chase Young (projected future 1st Round Pick)

Bosa didn't get nearly as many snaps, to no fault of his own. Looking at Bosa snap-by-snap, he was the absolute best pass rusher in the country, despite barely making it through a quarter of his Junior season.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can disagree with me all you want but calling me a liar is a chickensh*t move.
Don't know if you were saying I called you a liar or not? I wasn't, I was just saying I think josh Allen can do more things than bosa. However, after watching bosa at the combine, he looks totally healthy & will be a fine #1 pick. Josh Allen worked with the LB'ers/edge rushers for whatever reason? He turned in a very good combine as well & will definitely go top 5 in the draft imo.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Don't know if you were saying I called you a liar or not? I wasn't, I was just saying I think josh Allen can do more things than bosa. However, after watching bosa at the combine, he looks totally healthy & will be a fine #1 pick. Josh Allen worked with the LB'ers/edge rushers for whatever reason? He turned in a very good combine as well & will definitely go top 5 in the draft imo.

It was directed at another poster and the issue was resolved.Everything is cool all the way around.No hard feelings by anybody.

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This article points out something often overlooked on here. The best thing of having a 3-4 OLB who can drop into coverage is the confusion that it brings. Having a lineman set to block a guy that drops back at the snap creates an advantage. Having 2 OLB's that you know aren't dropping back makes it easier to set your blocking scheme

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This article points out something often overlooked on here. The best thing of having a 3-4 OLB who can drop into coverage is the confusion that it brings. Having a lineman set to block a guy that drops back at the snap creates an advantage. Having 2 OLB's that you know aren't dropping back makes it easier to set your blocking scheme
So on the 5% of defensive plays that you will actually employ this, it is an advantage. That is not a valid reason to draft a guy in the top 5.

No Broncos, Cardinals, or Bears fan has ever said or will say "I hope they drop Miller/Jones/Mack into coverage here because it will really fool the offense" in a critical game situation."

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So on the 5% of defensive plays that you will actually employ this, it is an advantage. That is not a valid reason to draft a guy in the top 5.

No Broncos, Cardinals, or Bears fan has ever said or will say "I hope they drop Miller/Jones/Mack into coverage here because it will really fool the offense" in a critical game situation."

Agree. It’s nice and all but I’m drafting you for one reason and that’s to put the QB on his ass