Booker Question

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Even a posters name, a$$face, is now forbotten?

Yeah, apparently the censored words were updated with the site. Shaggy is supposed yo go through them soon. I've already talked with him about a couple other words that shouldnt be

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
*****, um B-A-L-L-S is not allowed. Kinda hard to talk about a game that uses B-A-L-L-S without that word!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some Booker love from USA Today. Good read. Glad to see him making headlines after Paul seemed to be the main Sun in the spotlight for the first few days of our finals berth.

I didn't realize Booker and Monty had a history before Monty joined the Suns. Monty was an assistant on Team USA and Booker has been a member of that group for a while, having practiced with them regularly in down years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some Booker love from USA Today. Good read. Glad to see him making headlines after Paul seemed to be the main Sun in the spotlight for the first few days of our finals berth.

I didn't realize Booker and Monty had a history before Monty joined the Suns. Monty was an assistant on Team USA and Booker has been a member of that group for a while, having practiced with them regularly in down years.

It's interesting if one goes to USA Today Sports one has to subscribe to view the article but not at the above link at Yahoo Sports.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting if one goes to USA Today Sports one has to subscribe to view the article but not at the above link at Yahoo Sports.

That's really weird.

I'm tired of subscription based "news". I've noticed ESPN.com is now roughly 90% Insider with the only stuff that's not are the current headlines. I have that sub but only because its free through my Disney/Hulu bundle. I wouldn't pay for it otherwise but they seem to be forcing people to subscribe simply by making dàmn near everything fall in their premium coverage.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's really weird.

I'm tired of subscription based "news". I've noticed ESPN.com is now roughly 90% Insider with the only stuff that's not are the current headlines. I have that sub but only because its free through my Disney/Hulu bundle. I wouldn't pay for it otherwise but they seem to be forcing people to subscribe simply by making dàmn near everything fall in their premium coverage.

I get a lot of my sports news through twitter and sites that summarize news from other places such as RealGM.

Also azcentral has a lot of free articles and Arizona Sports is free.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
And he put up with some really awful management, coaching, teammates, and ownership decisions but stayed focused and loyal. Dude is about to do what no other Sun could, get this team a championship. He'll be revered in Phoenix forever for that.
Yep, and Paul won't be here forever. Another 2 or 3 seasons tops and after that, this is Devin Booker's team. We'll attract a lot of top tier PGs to step into Paul's role but nobody is totally replacing him and Book will be the man.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the moderator allowed and "liked" other posters testing the word filter but he banned me for typing 2 asterisks at the end of "shoe" in the expression "if the shoe fits"

apparently, what really isn't allowed is criticizing Devin Booker (while Ayton has been attacked and mocked by many posters all season. this site pictured him as a ballerina for 2 years!)

while i've also complimented Booker many times in this thread, the facts are...

"The Suns had, by far, the worst record in the NBA over a five-year span...From the start of his rookie season in 2015 to the start of the bubble last year, Booker played in more losses than anyone in the NBA." -- Yahoo Sports

yes, we can blame his age, his teammates, his coach, without ignoring his flawed leadership and decision making. but he's improved and if he can stay focused for 2 weeks he'll have earned a championship, and perhaps an MVP trophy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the moderator allowed and "liked" other posters testing the word filter but he banned me for typing 2 asterisks at the end of "shoe" in the expression "if the shoe fits"

apparently, what really isn't allowed is criticizing Devin Booker (while Ayton has been attacked and mocked by many posters all season. this site pictured him as a ballerina for 2 years!)

while i've also complimented Booker many times in this thread, the facts are...

yes, we can blame his age, his teammates, his coach, without ignoring his flawed leadership and decision making. but he's improved and if he can stay focused for 2 weeks he'll have earned a championship, and perhaps an MVP trophy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just thought I'd lend a hand so you don't get banned again....

Pay close attention to #6. Also pointing out flaws in the swear filter and directly trying to call posters swear words, censored or not, would break rules #1 & #2, and probably #4 given the context of your post. I'm not a mod though. If you have a question, you should PM one of them.

These are subject to additions or changes but as they stand now:

#1. No cursing. There are children that visit this site. Please assume that they are lurking at any time. Cursing in a post will result in post removal and eventually more.

#2. No insults. While any internet message board will eventually have disagreements, it is possible to disagree without getting personal. Calling someone an idiot isn't acceptable.

#3. No multiple accounts. Anyone caught having multiple accounts will have one of their accounts banned.

#4. No trolling. If you are visiting this site from another board than you will act like a guest. If not you will be removed. This includes taunting with images and what not. If you wish to act as such, there is a place for that on the board called the Smack Shack.

#5 Honor the trade forum. Relevant reported trade discussions are welcome in the main Suns forum as news. If you have a trade idea that you created on your own or co-opted from another non-news source, please put it in the trade forum.

#6. Moderator decisions are final. Publicly complaining about them will only result in further action.

#7 No inappropriate images. If you wouldn't want your mother to see it than don't post it.

These posted rules count as your warning. It is your responsibility as a user of this site to promote a healthy community and behave accordingly. Penalties will depend on the severity of the infraction but will usually result in a short break from the Suns board. Trolling will be dealt with harshest.

Section 2

Hard to believe it has been almost 14 years since I wrote this post....time flies...

There has been some concern about moderating on this forum and I wanted to address that.

#1. Trolling is at the sole discretion of the moderators. We cannot put any posters on ignore so we see it all.

#2. When determining the length of any ban, there are many factors including the severity and past history of the offender. Repeat offenders always face more progressive bans.

#3. As above, publicly questioning a moderator will earn you a ban as well. This will typically be between 1 day to a week depending on the response.

However, you can PM me virtually anything and I won't hold it against you. I welcome feedback.

I am currently the only active moderator on this board. If anyone else wants to spend their free time doing this, we can always use another one.

Thread 'Suns Forum Rules' https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/suns-forum-rules.92885/

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yeah, i know forum rules. i created and enforced them on a political site i administrated for 10 years. I was strict, but even handed with both friends and those i disagreed with because i appreciated the free content everyone contributed to my site

being lectured by you on forum behavior reminds me of another common expression about the *** calling the kettle black

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Can you guys get your own room or something? I'm trying to enjoy our Finals run and would rather not see this petty BS. I guess I might be forced to use my Ignore feature unfortunately.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
my apologies to you and others. i have ignored HH and suggested several times that he do the same. for months, i tried not commenting or replying at all to any debator but then was criticized for "blogging." but no problem. my 2 cents will end in 2 weeks (if not sooner)

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really great piece from ESPN on Booker's ascent. It has some quality input from some guys who may not be popular amongst Suns loyalists but they clearly know Booker. Guys like Tyson Chandler, Earl Watson, Ryan McD, and PJ Tucker.

Here's an excerpt from it about Booker working out for the Suns pre-draft.

When Devin Booker got into the knockout line in 2015, he was just the latest prospect the Suns were looking at with the 13th pick. Then, a glimpse.

"He just kept scoring," former general manager Ryan McDonough recalled. "Nobody could stop him. He just kept scoring and scoring to the point that we were like, 'OK, we've seen enough. This is really impressive. Let's move on to the next drill. We only have an hour or so and there's a number of things we want to do.'"

Booker wasn't having it. With a few four-letter words, he let the Suns' brass know there was no way he was ending the drill until someone stopped him.

"I think he was 18 at the time," McDonough says. "And for an 18-year-old kid to say 'F that' to a group of executives and coaches -- we were a little surprised by it.

"But we also loved it."

Www.ESPN.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31774462/rise-devin-booker-began-choice-words-pre-draft-workout

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wish Sarver had given the conference trophy to Booker as well, but perhaps Booker wanted it to go to CP first. CP also said afterwards that Booker was why he wanted to come to the Suns. But most of all I’m glad that Book is introduced last in the starting lineup, so anyone watching knows what we already know.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose