Booker Question

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
how petty and awful to pick another fight with me instead of just celebrating this night

yes, Lillard was a better clutch shooter yesterday, and still is today
-- a better shooter overall, better at assists, less turnovers, better decision maker
and IF Booker is better defensively, he didn't show it this series.
the Clip offense has been working him like we've been working Cousins.

in fact, Booker hasn't even shot well in this series since game 1

but, tonight, i'm most proud of Booker
he stayed focused, did what he does best without forcing things,
played his role, let CP3 lead, and he's going to the Finals

as for you, you PoopHead troll
...well, not tonight
it's coming. but not tonight

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how petty and awful to pick another fight with me instead of just celebrating this night

-- a better shooter overall, better at assists, less turnovers, better decision maker

...well, not tonight
Lol... I’m sure Hoop’s shaking in his boots.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

...well, not tonight

Instead of.celebrating you bring empty threats? Ok. Have fun!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

...well, not tonight

Try this for a clutch stat, Devin Booker has never lost a playoff series. How many has Dame?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I agree. We need to make the finals so he skips the Olympic games. I read something about how the first day of team USA practice is 1 day after the finals, if it goes 7 games. With the first game being within a week. So any players whose team makes the finals is likely to withdraw.

It'd be a good opportunity but not without any rest. This offseason will be short also, not like last year but shorter than normal since the season is running so late.
Booker is only 24, there will be other chances. Now that we made the finals I think he should concentrate on that. JMHO

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Booker is only 24, there will be other chances. Now that we made the finals I think he should concentrate on that. JMHO
Booker WILL be an Olympian. Colangelo said he has a Jet waiting for anyone in the finals to fly them out as soon as they are available. So they practice and have a game or 2 without him. He is on the team.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker will be an Olympian. I heard Colangelo has a Jet waiting for anyone in the finals to fly them out as soon as they are available.

I don't see how he'll make it after missing training camp and all of the warm up games. The Finals start July 8th and the first exhibition is July 10th. I can't see any finals participants going, private jet or not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Devin Booker is why Chris Paul is in Phoenix.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I love that everyone is giving Paul and Monty the love, as they deserve it. But a part of me is sad that we’re not seeing book being included in all this. Hopefully he has an awesome finals and gains his due attention.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that everyone is giving Paul and Monty the love, as they deserve it. But a part of me is sad that we’re not seeing book being included in all this. Hopefully he has an awesome finals and gains his due attention.

I definitely appreciate everything Devin Booker has done.

He is the star the Suns built around and made all this possible.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I kinda felt that way too when CP3 was holding the trophy Book was off to the side. But i don't think Book is the limelight type like CP3 is.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I definitely appreciate everything Devin Booker has done.

He is the star the Suns built around and made all this possible.

And he put up with some really awful management, coaching, teammates, and ownership decisions but stayed focused and loyal. Dude is about to do what no other Sun could, get this team a championship. He'll be revered in Phoenix forever for that.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love that everyone is giving Paul and Monty the love, as they deserve it. But a part of me is sad that we’re not seeing book being included in all this.

the criticism i've been hearing after game 5 was focused on Monty and Paul, and rightly so.
the off-court leader and on-court leader were responsible for the team's losing strategy
and it looked like we might not recover

blowing the Clips out in LA after that is, foremost, to their credit

the leadership preparation was no more obvious than when Beverly shoved Paul.
no one over-reacted (Beverly would have loved for a fight to result in a Suns' suspension going into the finals)

it's like when someone here Poops on your post (i.e. twists something you say just to agitate).
the smart thing to do is ignore them. just let the stink settle on them without getting your hands dirty too

we beat them and Beverly burned in the end by his own doing.
it was perfect

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I mean the analysts have been hyping Book all playoffs long. They mentioned that he was the 3rd leading scorer in the playoffs last night and top 10 in assists. They have also mentioned he is one of the best rebounding guards in the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't know. I mean the analysts have been hyping Book all playoffs long. They mentioned that he was the 3rd leading scorer in the playoffs last night and top 10 in assists. They have also mentioned he is one of the best rebounding guards in the playoffs.
I’m talking in the postgame shows. Very little talk about book or interviews with book on either ESPN or NBATV.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m talking in the postgame shows. Very little talk about book or interviews with book on either ESPN or NBATV.

All the juice is in CP3 right now as a story.

What I heard on ESPN this morning is how this team is set up for long term success as CP3 gets a little older and Booker hits his prime. I expect the news cycle to do the same.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoop correct me if I am wrong but wasn't your old name given to you by the board?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All the juice is in CP3 right now as a story.

What I heard on ESPN this morning is how this team is set up for long term success as CP3 gets a little older and Booker hits his prime. I expect the news cycle to do the same.
Yeah I get it. I suppose to me people are overlooking what books been through to get the suns here. He’s the homegrown suns star. He’s had to navigate awful teams, seasons, leadership, Watson, ariza, etc. I LOVE me some CP3, so no one get that wrong. But he’s a first year sun. Last night he included the clippers as part of his family and loved up their fans. That left me, a suns fan, a little dry. I wanted our guy - the suns guy - to have an opportunity to bask in the glow of the WCF victory.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I get it. I suppose to me people are overlooking what books been through to get the suns here. He’s the homegrown suns star. He’s had to navigate awful teams, seasons, leadership, Watson, ariza, etc. I LOVE me some CP3, so no one get that wrong. But he’s a first year sun. Last night he included the clippers as part of his family and loved up their fans. That left me, a suns fan, a little dry. I wanted our guy - the suns guy - to have an opportunity to bask in the glow of the WCF victory.

I understand what you are saying and mostly agree but without Chris Paul the Suns are not in the spotlight.

Now national fans can see what the team is all about including Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton.

Everyone on the team gets elevated. It's not a one man show.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was. Someone suggested it as a joke but I was cool with it because the context and reception of the suggestion was funny, IMO.

Correct. I just think someone is thinking you picked that name but in reality you got that name from a poll of random names.

After the joke got old you adapted it to something more within your tastes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Correct. I just think someone is thinking you picked that name but in reality you got that name from a poll of random names.

Yeah after my naming the board went viscious.
**** head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, I've explained that to them before but he can't move on. Just like how we're in the finals and he still wants us to trade Booker. I think he's afraid if changing his mind, like it'll hurt or something.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave