Booker: “This is the last time I don’t want to make the playoffs. I’m serious”

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I love Booker. Sometimes, I wish Steve Nash and Amare were more blatantly honest like this during their tenure, I think they could’ve seen a better team out around them and perhaps better results as well.

This will hopefully put all the pressure in the world on the Suns managment in case it wasn’t on them already.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So see...we got away with this tanked season after all. All this talk about Booker might wanting to leave if we tank this season was all for nothing.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
oh boy. he may be pissed next season then. hope we lock him up now. i think next year we could realistically be what the lakers were this year.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Everyone including all knowing Gambo have been saying it’s a forgone conclusion Booker signs a max contract this year and that he will use Olympic team spot this summer to recruit guys but it wouldn’t surprise me if he waits to see what PHX does this offseason before making that kind of commitment and he may actually be recruited by other players on the Olympic team so McD better put his money where his mouth is this offseason.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Cuts off before the quote, but it would seem he is putting the pressure on himself to make the playoffs too. This wasn't just some message towards the front office to make it happen. He also lays to rest any sort of rumors that suggest he might want to leave.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
So see...we got away with this tanked season after all.
'Glad it worked out that way. And I respect your consistency for advocating it all season.

I wonder how much, though, it affected the performance of the rest of our overwhelming young team.

Duelling young Centers and dueling young Power Forwards and dueling young Point Guards, with no clear success emerging.

Embarrassing losses affecting the interim Head Coach. And the Press. And the fans.

I still feel that tanking becoming prevalent is not good for the League. Perhaps we got in under the wire.

Now it's up to our dysfunctional leadership to make the draft work. And rounding out a balanced roster with experienced players.

Errntknght

Reaction score
We'll have to draft two players that can start immediately to have any prayer of making the playoffs next year and one of Chriss or Bender will have to breakout - consistently matching their best games of this past season. Assuming Reed rounds into form and Peters plays something like he did in the last game we should have a pretty solid bench.
We have a plethora of candidates for backup PG - Harrison, Ulis, Brandon Knight, and perhaps Caanan. I think Payton is gone so if we don't draft a starting PG we'll have to snag one. I think Toronto is going to have surrender one of Fred Vanvleet or Delon Wright and teams that draft top PGs may have a similar situation. One of the young guns like Tyus Jones, Dinwiddie, Jerian Grant, Shelvin Mack may come available or Collision, Rondo, Augustine, Burke, Calderon, McConnell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard