BlacKkKlansman

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocked there isn't a thread on this yet.

Wow! Surprisingly good movie! I'm not a big Spike Lee fan but he hit this one out of the park.

I found it amazingly powerful with just the right amount of humor to tone down the sad truth of it all. The modern day real life clips a the end are the cherry on the top with this movie. Wow, Wow, Wow!

Loved it!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i want to see this BAD! I loved Spike's early stuff like School Daze/Do The Right Thing. He started off as a firebrand who definitely had a message to deliver but did so in a voice that was both angry and comedic at the same time. This movie looks like it's the perfect combo of both.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i want to see this BAD! I loved Spike's early stuff like School Daze/Do The Right Thing. He started off as a firebrand who definitely had a message to deliver but did so in a voice that was both angry and comedic at the same time. This movie looks like it's the perfect combo of both.

I was thinking the entire movie "Why didn't Cheesebeef write this?"

You are going to love this!

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seriously Scott get off this board, drop whatever you are doing and go see this movie now! LOL

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BlacKkKlansman

Release date: August 10, 2018
Studio: Focus Features
Director: Spike Lee
MPAA Rating: R (for language throughout, including racial epithets, and for disturbing/violent material and some sexual references)
Screenwriters: Charlie Wachtel, David Rabinowitz, Spike Lee, Kevin Willmont
Genre: Drama

Starring: John David Washington, Adam Driver, Laura Harrier, Topher Grace

Plot Summary: From visionary filmmaker Spike Lee comes the incredible true story of an American hero. It’s the early 1970s, and Ron Stallworth (John David Washington) is the first African-American detective to serve in the Colorado Springs Police Department. Determined to make a name for himself, Stallworth bravely sets out on a dangerous mission: infiltrate and expose the Ku Klux Klan. The young detective soon recruits a more seasoned colleague, Flip Zimmerman (Adam Driver), into the undercover investigation of a lifetime. Together, they team up to take down the extremist hate group as the organization aims to sanitize its violent rhetoric to appeal to the mainstream. Produced by the team behind the Academy-Award winning Get Out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was really good. just missed great for me because there were a couple jarring cuts and scenes that didn't QUITE pop as big as they should have, but still really good... and a period movie that speaks right to today's issues.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
this was really good. just missed great for me because there were a couple jarring cuts and scenes that didn't QUITE pop as big as they should have, but still really good... and a period movie that speaks right to today's issues.
My feelings as well. Some unexpected bits of humor interspersed a very pertinent subject. The end after the movie itself was heartbreaking--he showed footage from Charlottesville.

Some might say it's pandering, but I liked showing showing white people as being on the side of right on this one. It would have been easy to make all the white people be one way and one way only, but I'm glad there was some support for the fact that not all white people are racist. That sometimes gets lost in movies like this.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday - really liked it, and really hit home. And yes, Donald Trump is David Duke's dream President, the one he has worked his entire life to get to.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Fantastic. Crazy that it's based on a true story.

I didn't know John David Washington was Denzel's son.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison