Black Monday - 2024

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Harbaugh just hired a new nfl agent two weeks ago... thought he was just leveraging Michigan for more money...
Harbaugh with the Raiders, in Vegas...is a match made in.........?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Billicek is going to retire. He has nothing left to prove.

Tomlin made the playoffs. Bowles made the playoffs.

The surprises could be Carroll retiring, and Vrabel getting fired.

The rest aren't really surprising.

Harbaugh to the Raiders. Vrabel will be snatched up quick if he's fired in Tennessee
Belichick wants the all time wins record. I think he is out in NE, but will still coach.

Vrabel getting fired would be a huge boon for someone.

Harbaugh is interesting, but do think it is between LAC and LV.

Agree on McDermott and think they might make that move because they feel they can get another top candidate.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Commanders fire Ron Rivera; ex-GMs to lead Washington overhaul

The Washington Commanders have dismissed head coach Ron Rivera and hired ex-Golden State Warriors GM Bob Myers and ex-Minnesota Vikings GM Rick Spielman to help in the search for a new head of football operations and head coach, team officials told ESPN

I wish Bidwill would do this but he is too cheap and wants to play with his favorite toy too much.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Vrabel gone

That's wild. Surely he had trade value.

Would look good in Carolina blue.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Update (6):

Fired:
Josh McDaniels - Raiders
Frank Reich - Panthers
Brandon Staley - Chargers
Ron Rivera - Commanders
Arthur Smith - Falcons
Mike Vrabel - Titans

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That's wild. Surely he had trade value.

Would look good in Carolina blue.
If Ryan Day doesn't get his act together he might end back in Scarlet & Gray. I know there's some background noise on that but doubt Vrabel will be interested. He was on Urban Meyer's staff shortly and wasn't a big fan of recruiting high school kids.

I've actually met Vrabel twice and came away with 2 very different opinions of him. First time I played golf with him and thought he was an ass.
Second time, when he was the Steelers, my niece is a huge Steelers fan, and I asked him for an autograph for her and he couldn't have been nicer.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vrabel gone

The titans are a disaster. Some team is about to get a great HC.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Raiders are in a tough spot. They really want Harbaugh, he got his start in coaching there. But there is going to be huge fallout replacing Antonio Pierce, a black head coach that did a pretty nice job, with the white Harbaugh.
Mark Davis may not care but the NFL will, and we all know how PR conscious they are.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
The Pat's should 100% be going after Vrabel. He would be a great fit. Belecik can either retire, or go elsewhere for a year or two...maybe more of a win now roster like the Charges....but if the Pat's don't make Vrabel their top target they are stupid.

No better way to Jumpstart a rebuild than a good coach and a promising young QB prospect. Look at the Texans

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Raiders are in a tough spot. They really want Harbaugh, he got his start in coaching there. But there is going to be huge fallout replacing Antonio Pierce, a black head coach that did a pretty nice job, with the white Harbaugh.
Mark Davis may not care but the NFL will, and we all know how PR conscious they are.
I dunno man... The Raiders were in the forefront in minority coaching hires...have the first Black head coach and the first Mexican head coach as well... but they have also a recent history of releasing interim coaches who showed signs of success.
I think Harbaugh would be a great hire for the team. Just not so sure he would be a great fit with the current ownership.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I dunno man... The Raiders were in the forefront in minority coaching hires...have the first Black head coach and the first Mexican head coach as well... but they have also a recent history of releasing interim coaches who showed signs of success.
I think Harbaugh would be a great hire for the team. Just not so sure he would be a great fit with the current ownership.
I agree but there would be some blowback. I can see Steve A Smith blowing up the ESPN airways already. Not that I care what ESPN thinks, but it will happen.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Vrabel is a great coach and leader.

He won't be unemployed for long and will have a very long/successful career.

What will be interesting -are there any teams on the fence right now about their HC (like Eberflus) that might pull the trigger if they can get Vrabel.

Makes the most sense with Patriots.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this scream their staff didn’t get enough out of Fields? Or is a sign they are going in another direction and new QB?
Hard to say, IMO. The whole team seemed very eager to go with Tyler Bagent over Fields.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard