Big "THANK YOU" to Steve Breaston

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
7 Catches 137 Yards

And the play of the game...stripping the ball right before the defender crossed the plane. Turned out to be the game decider

:newcards:

He had the game of his career. Way to go Steve.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reality is that it was counted as a fumble at the end of the game.

The RBs #1 priority in that situation is to secure the ball regardless of situation. That requires two hands. What did Hightower do yet again, run with one hand and the ball up. It is inexcusable.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Like I said in an earlier thread, I want to see how many times you cough it up having 5 guys slam you to the ground & your body hits the turf like THT's did. I bet out of 20 times it happens at least 5 times. It was a BS call anyway you look at it.

I do not get paid millions to carry the rock in the NFL. High tower does, other backs do, and they don't turn it over like he does.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Exactly. The ground can not cause a fumble... not sure how an NFL referee doesn't know that. Horrible call to not overturn it.

I get soooooo made at the BS rules they add to cover the refs ass. How about the Lions game today? If that isn't an NFL catch, their never has been one. And to listen to the jerk Mike whatever his name is defend the call...:bang: College has it right, let someone else make the decision not the ref on the field.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
I get soooooo made at the BS rules they add to cover the refs ass. How about the Lions game today? If that isn't an NFL catch, their never has been one. And to listen to the jerk Mike whatever his name is defend the call...:bang: College has it right, let someone else make the decision not the ref on the field.

I agree again, that's what I saw.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Breaston + Defense = Win.

Wow. The rest of our offense looks like horse poop.

This just in.... we need a RB.

Actually I thought our defense played very well. We held them to 14 points which is not bad at all. There were to defensive plays called that I did not like. Near the end of the first half St Louis had 3rd and long and with a rookie QB in there I thought they should have brought the house. Instead he had all day and completed a pass which led to a TD. Same thing happend in the second half. Wilson and our DB's played tough.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hardly. Over 4 yards a carry and a nice TD run. As well as 40 yards through the air. He did have 1 fumble though ;) which no points were lost due to it.

That last fumble call was horrible. Trying to figure out which is worse that on or the one they say Beanie fumbled but failed to overturnin the pre season.

I think the officials goofed on the Hightower fumble as clearly the ground caused the fumble. The announcers thought the same thing.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Hightower, Wells .....

How about LSH with 7 ypc and no fumbles ?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Like I said in an earlier thread, I want to see how many times you cough it up having 5 guys slam you to the ground & your body hits the turf like THT's did. I bet out of 20 times it happens at least 5 times. It was a BS call anyway you look at it.

As a player you can't give the referee and opportunity to be a factor in the game. Hightower knew that they were going to go after the ball and still failed to secure the ball well enough to prevent a poor call. Anyway you want look at it, Hightower knew the situation and STILL failed to execute.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Actually I thought our defense played very well. We held them to 13 points which is not bad at all.

Keep in mind their only TD came from a "wish and a prayer" bomb, and an offsides call negating a fumble recovery.

Our defense was stellar.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As a player you can't give the referee and opportunity to be a factor in the game. Hightower knew that they were going to go after the ball and still failed to secure the ball well enough to prevent a poor call. Anyway you want look at it, Hightower knew the situation and STILL failed to execute.

Hightower had the ball secured until it hit the ground. Sometimes sh--- happens. I do not get all the criticism going on here. We just won the darn game. What does it take to make you happy.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am happy:D I also like Hightower. It happens sometimes, just more often with Hightower.

Last edited:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Come on Shane, that was inexcusable.

Fumbles are a part of football. Every team has fumbles. No one is imune from fumbles be an all pro or not. WE WON> That is the news. Why not focus on the good news for now. The players and coaches will look and review every frame of the film. We as fans have all week to celebrate and be at 1-0. Even the cocky niners lost. Anderson was no Kurt Warner but he took a beating like few can take and kept on going. I thought he would not make it a couple of times but he shook his head and was ready to go. Like him or not this guy has courage. He could be in my platoon anytime.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Didn't Stevie B run down the first fumble also??? If it weren't for AW he would be Offensive and Defensive Player of the Game. I chalk it up to hard work and right attitude. Stevie B....WOW

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hightower had the ball secured until it hit the ground. Sometimes sh--- happens. I do not get all the criticism going on here. We just won the darn game. What does it take to make you happy.

If this was Tim Hightower's first fumble of the season, I would be ok. But with it being a problem last year, having fumbled inside Rams's territory earlier in the game, and being the only chance that the Rams had to get back in the game it is ridiculous.

As for what it takes to make me happy? I am happy that we won, but don't sit and tell me that I can't be critical with a starting running back, who hasn't shown that he can secure a football, almost costing us the game by failing to secure a football. If you want to advocate blind euphoria after a win, you probably shouldn't be reading a message board after one like this.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Gentlemen, the thread was about #15. He deserves it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Gentlemen, the thread was about #15. He deserves it.

He was the difference in the game and made big plays when big plays were needed. He carried the team, and got Derek Anderson out of his 3rd quarter funk. Honestly, though they play different styles, Steve Breaston reminded me of Boldin today.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The reality is that it was counted as a fumble at the end of the game.

The RBs #1 priority in that situation is to secure the ball regardless of situation. That requires two hands. What did Hightower do yet again, run with one hand and the ball up. It is inexcusable.

The reality is that any runner at any time can fumble the ball and do. Breaston made a fabulous play in knocking the ball out of the runners hands at the goal line. He looked like he was throwing a punch at a heavy weight boxer as he closed on the runner in high gear. As hard as he hit the ball few people would have been able to hold on to it. Fortunately it was not a RB that had the ball as he would have likely dove over the goal line. Breaston never gave up on that play even though many would have. I think he is a FA next year. He is another we need to consider signing early as he just might have a better year than Fitz this year with Fitz being hurt. Probably hurt more than we know.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Thanks for that gif, Treefiddy, even though it was a huge play in the game, most highlight packages(including nfl netword) totally omit this game changing play. Plus, awesome to see 3 o-linemen hustling down the field to be there for the recovery.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort