Bidwill Tanked this Season

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Let's also consider guys might be dealing with lingering injuries like Garrard, are too boneheaded like Freeman, or are no longer emotionally invested in the game like Grossman. Also, these guys weren't very good QBs at the end of their careers; what's to say that they aren't rusty from 2+ years away from the game and would be shells of their former selves?

I'll repeat myself once again. People here are treating this like Madden 2k15. Sign a higher-rated QB and he'll automatically perform better. If it were that simple, there wouldn't be teams dealing with issues with their QB1s, let alone their 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Additionally, the team was tanking the season? Really?!?! I realize this season was a let down towards the end, but don't let disappointment turn you all into idiots. I've read some really ridiculous posts over the past several weeks.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Every Tuesday, every week during the year, teams bring in players for try outs. We as the fans and even the media do not hear about all of them tryouts, they are done during closed portions of practice. If we brought in a QB for a tryout I do not know one way or the other, the point is we could have and the Cards or the players agent just didn't talk about it.

If you follow Adam Caplan on Twitter, he usually lets people know who is coming in to audition on Tuesdays. Normally, the lists aren't very appealing; like some UDFA that was cut during preseason. Sometimes, you'll catch a familiar name, but not always.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's unfair and inaccurate to characterize ownership the same as in our past.

Night and day.

The real mistake if any was made was attaching your cart to Carson Palmer.

Lindley was a dud but it might have worked it just didnt. Obviously he practiced better than he played.

Kudos to the coaches for resisting the temptation to play Logan. Doing so might have ruined whatever shot he has with us.

Looks like we are going to try this again with the same three QBs. Logan will not have the same grace next year.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Additionally, the team was tanking the season? Really?!?! I realize this season was a let down towards the end, but don't let disappointment turn you all into idiots. I've read some really ridiculous posts over the past several weeks.

This had to be said. There are some people acting like plugging and playing QB's in the NFL is simple, implying that there was some easy fix. If you all were as smart as you think you were, you'd have jobs in the NFL.

Keim, Bidwill and Arians sure went from geniuses to morons very quickly on this board.

As much as we wanted to keep the faith and hope that the Cardinals would be in the Superbowl, we all knew in our hearts that the season was doomed the second Stanton went down, probably more realistically, the second Palmer went down.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This had to be said. There are some people acting like plugging and playing QB's in the NFL is simple, implying that there was some easy fix. If you all were as smart as you think you were, you'd have jobs in the NFL.

Keim, Bidwill and Arians sure went from geniuses to morons very quickly on this board.

As much as we wanted to keep the faith and hope that the Cardinals would be in the Superbowl, we all knew in our hearts that the season was doomed the second Stanton went down, probably more realistically, the second Palmer went down.

The voice of reason. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at least he got their name right.

most of these trollish fans don't. :hattip:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can think of following names who would have played better: Grossman, Favre, Plummer, Skelton, Bulger, Hasselbeck.

You must be registered for see images

For most of those guys you better hope they come with a time machine. And as for Skelton, a time machine wouldn't help.

SMH

You must be registered for see images attach

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
For most of those guys you better hope they come with a time machine. And as for Skelton, a time machine wouldn't help.

SMH

My favorite of that list was Plummer. Dude hasn't played in like 8 years. Skelton being a close second because at his best, he was a rich man's Ryan Lindley. At his worst, he was Ryan Lindley.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite of that list was Plummer. Dude hasn't played in like 8 years. Skelton being a close second because at his best, he was a rich man's Ryan Lindley. At his worst, he was Ryan Lindley.

You must be registered for see images

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And don't forget, Plummer smokes the wacky stuff quite a bit to deal with pain. He is a advocate for it and would never pass a test.

Plummer has come out in support of medical marijuana and has stated that he uses it regularly to deal with lingering post-football injuries

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Slim shady, hotter than a set of twin babies, just a bunch of jibberish but you won't get a crumb from me cuz I'm from the streets of Compton.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think so. This isn't aimed at the OP or any poster in particular but I think most of the over-the-top complaining is basically the LIFO system at work. We've all seen it many times before no matter what team or sport you follow. The last fans in are almost always the first fans out. They tend to make a lot of noise when they climb onto the bandwagon and they squeal even louder as they make their exit.

Steve

I actually read through crap posts looking for brilliantly written pieces like this! Nice pen...

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
The original post is exhausting and I don't want to even begin trying to respond to it. That said, it pisses me off that we had to watch Butler and Ginn all season long and then brought back Lindley. I like that we've been proactive during the offseason, but the failure to make necessary changes once the season starts is maddening. No idea who to blame, but my gut tells me it has a lot to do with BA's belief that he and his "teachers" can coach up even the crappiest players.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I don't think so. This isn't aimed at the OP or any poster in particular but I think most of the over-the-top complaining is basically the LIFO system at work. We've all seen it many times before no matter what team or sport you follow. The last fans in are almost always the first fans out. They tend to make a lot of noise when they climb onto the bandwagon and they squeal even louder as they make their exit.

Steve

This is why you are one of my favorite posters here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard