Bidwill pissed

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If you aren't firing someone then you need to force Kliff to take an offensive coordinator and remove the playcalling from him. Its crystal clear that he can't manage the flow of the game and call plays at the same time. It's why we are constantly wasting time outs and precious minutes in high pressure situations.
Again, Kliff himself has said that's a non starter, and that he's not a good game manager!

Kingsbury was asked what it would take for him ever to give up playcalling duties.
"I would retire," Kingsbury said. "It's part of the game, I couldn't just sit there and watch it. A lot of people are great at that, managing games, and that's not my strong suit. My strong suit is calling it and interacting with the quarterback. I've got to play to my strengths."

Kliff has made it abundantly clear through his words and actions that he's not a strong head coach. He fails in motivation/discipline/managing games. He told everyone what he likes and what he's good at - being a coordinator.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a stat about mid season that says he is about on par with Shanahan In This category. And better then many coaches. Not so sure it’s the problem everyone thinks it is. Also the 3 games that McCoy started it was noticed by @Russ Smith and others that there were far far less issues with this. Suggesting maybe it’s a Murray issue not necessarily the coach maybe?

I don’t have the answer just asking the question considering the above?

Yeah I do think McCoy clearly managed the clock better and ran screens better. The screen to Conner that got picked in the Rams loss that exact thing happened in the 49er game McCoy started, the rush got to him too soon, he just backed up waited a beat and then completed the screen. Kyler panicked and threw the screen too soon and too hard and it deflected and got picked off

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Rams were decidedly NOT on fire at that point. They were coming off losing four straight to anyone with a pulse, getting beat ugly by them and only beat Jax in their previous five games before us AND then had MULTIPLE guys out including Jalen Ramsey for Covid.

Defending that game is ludicrous. Kyler threw too awful interceptions, missed a WIDE OPEN AJ for a TD to start the game and then stat padded with a time draining 16 play drive that only ended with a FG that basically salted the game away despite us getting the onside kick where Kyler proceeded to be awful once he got the ball back.

You can’t hope to be taken seriously when you even try to minimize how bad he was in the biggest game of the year, with all his weapons healthy.
They didnt lose a game until the 49ers were they up huge. That was absolutely the turning point and them coming together. Even while missing Ramsey they DID have their starting safeties and Ernest Jones who played great until getting hurt.

We already rehashed how Donald was the one who made a great play on one of those ints. An outstanding play by a HOF.

How is it stat padding when its a 1 score game with 7 mins to go in the 4th? Defense gave up a fg drive. The next drive Conner is stopped on 4th and 1 instead of our coach letting our Kicker cut it to a 1 score game. His stats % actually dipped on that final drive in terms because he's throwing jump balls to the endzone.

Kyler had a 41 QBR that game.

Some QBs they faced afterwards

Russell Wilson 21
Kirk Cousins 32
Brady 14
Kyler 8

Somehow Kyle/Jimmy G seem to have their # though. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. Im not saying he played good. He just wasnt good enough, but at least things seemed fixable/tweaks. Not all out devastation like the playoffs.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Don't you understand that he was also injured in the second half of last season. That shouldn't impact your evaluation of his long-term viability, but instead excuse his performance in a vacuum.

In. A. Vacuum.
Availability and health impacts long-term viability and evaluation.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, Kliff himself has said that's a non starter, and that he's not a good game manager!

Kingsbury was asked what it would take for him ever to give up playcalling duties.
"I would retire," Kingsbury said. "It's part of the game, I couldn't just sit there and watch it. A lot of people are great at that, managing games, and that's not my strong suit. My strong suit is calling it and interacting with the quarterback. I've got to play to my strengths."

Kliff has made it abundantly clear through his words and actions that he's not a strong head coach. He fails in motivation/discipline/managing games. He told everyone what he likes and what he's good at - being a coordinator.

This is such a nonsense answer. He should be immediately gone. Keim could try to pretend he didn't know about this and maybe save his job but if he doesn't act and then this failure continues then they are both gone.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Gotta break my self imposed ban for a bit.

@PACardsFan was responding to a guy who said he doesnt watch film. I think PAC also knows the writer said he doesnt watch much film. However, it was not something Kyler exactly said.

I think the context missing is the quote before where he said he wants to play with an uncluttered mind. Basically saying he does, but makes sure he's not suffering paralysis by analysis. I'll say that Lions game and 3rd Rams game he looked paralyzed if anything.

Ignore the film bit. I dont think Burrow said it about film, but did say this about notes.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
According to this article it doesn't sound to me that Burrows blows off watching game film. In fact he segments it and breaks it down into usable information. It might explain why his team is playing for the AFC title and the Cardinals are sitting home watching.
https://sports.yahoo.com/behind-scenes-joe-burrows-preparation-213213549.html

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is such a nonsense answer. He should be immediately gone. Keim could try to pretend he didn't know about this and maybe save his job but if he doesn't act and then this failure continues then they are both gone.
Arians said something similar when he was here. I’m sure McVay and Shanahan and LaFleur have all said similar things.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I agree it's nonsense however It's hard to imagine that Keim and Bidwill didn't know this and hired him anyway because they were so desperate to get a McVay/Shanahan clone or they thought they were getting one. This entire mess goes all the way back to the hiring decision they made.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arians said something similar when he was here. I’m sure McVay and Shanahan and LaFleur have all said similar things.
Arians was successful and didn’t have all the time management/terrible coaching challenge issues that Kliff has. To the victor goes the spoils.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
According to this article it doesn't sound to me that Burrows blows off watching game film. In fact he segments it and breaks it down into usable information. It might explain why his team is playing for the AFC title and the Cardinals are sitting home watching.
https://sports.yahoo.com/behind-scenes-joe-burrows-preparation-213213549.html
I can post an article of Hopkins saying Kyler prepares the hardest on the team as well. Its not that serious. And again it was in reference to guys trying to sound really smart "i dont need to take notes"

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im ok with him calling plays. He needs someone else to help with gameplans/adjustments.

Thats really my only issue with Kliff as a play caller. Sometimes he doesnt know when to switch things up or adjust to what kinda game it is. On the sidelines it looked like he zoned out.

I know he tanked in Carolina. I think that had more to do with Darnold/Cam. Why not bring in Joe Brady? Another peer would be good.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Reaction score
Yeah I do think McCoy clearly managed the clock better and ran screens better. The screen to Conner that got picked in the Rams loss that exact thing happened in the 49er game McCoy started, the rush got to him too soon, he just backed up waited a beat and then completed the screen. Kyler panicked and threw the screen too soon and too hard and it deflected and got picked off

That comes with experience. Next time Kyler will see it before it happens & time it correctly. :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can post an article of Hopkins saying Kyler prepares the hardest on the team as well. Its not that serious. And again it was in reference to guys trying to sound really smart "i dont need to take notes"

Before the playoff loss they told us that Bidwill and Kliff both said Kyler spent more time onsite that week preparing than he has since we drafted him. And he played terribly. I don't think he played terribly because he doesn't watch film, he played terribly because the Rams and the playoff pressure got to him

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Before the playoff loss they told us that Bidwill and Kliff both said Kyler spent more time onsite that week preparing than he has since we drafted him. And he played terribly. I don't think he played terribly because he doesn't watch film, he played terribly because the Rams and the playoff pressure got to him
And as I said earlier,

Ironically, he looked far more paralyzed in the playoffs than vs the Rams last time. I saw him staring at a couple guys wide open and not cutting it loose. Almost overthinking it. He's got his issues for sure, but his mind looked cluttered.

Not one is talking about it. However, during the preshow it said he averaged 325 yards passing and 50 yards rushing vs the Rams on the season prior to the game. Im betting Kliff and maybe Kyler thought they could just do what they did last time. And it backfired tremendously.

I really thought we'd actively try to get him on the move and pound the football.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And as I said earlier,

Ironically, he looked far more paralyzed in the playoffs than vs the Rams last time. I saw him staring at a couple guys wide open and not cutting it loose. Almost overthinking it. He's got his issues for sure, but his mind looked cluttered.

Not one is talking about it. However, during the preshow it said he averaged 325 yards passing and 50 yards rushing vs the Rams on the season prior to the game. Im betting Kliff and maybe Kyler thought they could just do what they did last time. And it backfired tremendously.

I really thought we'd actively try to get him on the move and pound the football.

The other big difference again no D Hop. first two games he had D Hop, everything changes with D Hop on the field.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorta difference pressure though.

Conner sets up Bosa and then is able to leak out.

Int vs the Rams

Kind of feel with the pressure coming from the front side (Floyd) and the man engaged (Garcia blocking) already Conner was a half tick off.

Drifting like McCoy did probably saves the play though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose