Bidwill pissed

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler's actual quoted words are quite a bit different from the hyperbole that you all have created from them.

Kyler "I don't watch film 24/7"

Crazy online fans "KYLER WATCHES ZERO FILM OMG OMG OMG"
El wrongo! Not one person, not even the darkest dark sider, has ever said he watches NO film. EVERY QB is forced to watch film as part of weekly preparation. That is a given. Most QBs, and all of the QBs actually trying to excel and be great, watch tons of extra film. So Kyler's actual quoted words easily translate to him not wanting to put in the mental work to be great.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
El wrongo! Not one person, not even the darkest dark sider, has ever said he watches NO film. EVERY QB is forced to watch film as part of weekly preparation. That is a given. Most QBs, and all of the QBs actually trying to excel and be great, watch tons of extra film. So Kyler's actual quoted words easily translate to him not wanting to put in the mental work to be great.
And the results on the field the second half of back to back seasons backs that up.

Teams get tape on Kyler and Kliff and in the second half when defenses start to adjust, the offense goes south. That can’t be debated.

At least not credibly.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Kyler's actual quoted words are quite a bit different from the hyperbole that you all have created from them.

Are you serious here?

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”

The guy says himself he doesn't watch film and that he's clairvoyant, and proceeds to fall apart for the second season in a row.

You can talk about how you're on another level if you're actually doing it, but when the performance is so far removed from the talk, it's definitely concerning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you serious here?

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”

The guy says himself he doesn't watch film and that he's clairvoyant, and proceeds to fall apart for the second season in a row.

You can talk about how you're on another level if you're actually doing it, but when the performance is so far removed from the talk, it's definitely concerning.
To deny how ridiculously arrogant and stupid that quote is... from a guy who has CRAPPED THE BED in almost every big big time game in the NFL is ridiculous, in of itself.

It’s not just that he’s not a film junkie (which every great QB is), it’s compounded by such a stupid statement about him basically being Neo on the field.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To deny how ridiculously arrogant and stupid that quote is... from a guy who has CRAPPED THE BED in almost every big big time game in the NFL is ridiculous, in of itself.

It’s not just that he’s not a film junkie (which every great QB is), it’s compounded by such a stupid statement about him basically being Neo on the field.

But its hard to understand him if he can see things u aren't able to see lol

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve been following this team for 58 years, so talk to me in another 30 years if you’re frustrated after only 28 years. You can blame Murray all you want, but it was our D that put us in a hole that never allowed our offense to get untracked. The Niners went three & out their first 4 possessions against GB. Who won the game? They won because their D kept them in the game into their offense found a few things that worked. Successful teams have to be able to do that, especially in the playoffs. Your offense can’t always be great coming out of the gate. KK did NOT have this team ready to play early, so this is on him.
You are quite right, there were problems on the O and we have some, but the let down in the second half of the season, was because the D couldn't stop anyone expect Dallas and we couldn't get Turnovers.

Brady didn't put points up in the first half and the D kept them enough in the game.
49ers won with 13 points
Bills lost because of a bad D
Cinci kept Titans in check

Our D got worse, when the Pick 6 came we were down 0-14. Clearly we played bad on O and ST but D was worse with the first 2 posessions they could score a TD ... that was bad as well. But yes, we had a bad bad game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Two things can be right at the same time:

Kyler Murray has a long way to go befor he’s a top-tier QB in this league. Both with tangibles and intangibles.

Kliff Kingsbury is in over his head as a HC.

I don’t think this is an either-or proposition.
THIS. Man, I’ve been pounding the table on this for the last month. When you have a meltdown of this epic proportion it can’t be laid at one coach or player’s feet. As I’ve said before, it took a village to burn down the village.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This hyperbole has been debunked on this board over and over again, but go ahead and keep resurrecting it so you can avoid addressing kylers admission.

Reaction score
You don’t buy KYLER’S OWN QUOTED WORDS? Which he made ZERO statement against?

Again, pathological inability to admit being wrong, while simultaneously calling everyone else idiots.

How do you even know Kyler has read the article? You yourself knows that he doesn't watch film. Maybe he doesn't read articles either? :) Just sayin...

Btw, does anyone have a link to this article?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you even know Kyler has read the article? You yourself knows that he doesn't watch film. Maybe he doesn't read articles either? :) Just sayin...

lol. love the never ending optimism cub... no matter how misguided I usually believe it to be.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So Mike's pissed? Really??
Have we seen any evidence of that yet?

My guess is they are waiting to see if Vance gets a HC job....if he quits they don't have to pay off his contract.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Well...it was an interview Kyler did so...

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This hyperbole has been debunked on this board over and over again, but go ahead and keep resurrecting it so you can avoid addressing kylers admission.
Gotta break my self imposed ban for a bit.

@PACardsFan was responding to a guy who said he doesnt watch film. I think PAC also knows the writer said he doesnt watch much film. However, it was not something Kyler exactly said.

I think the context missing is the quote before where he said he wants to play with an uncluttered mind. Basically saying he does, but makes sure he's not suffering paralysis by analysis. I'll say that Lions game and 3rd Rams game he looked paralyzed if anything.

Ignore the film bit. I dont think Burrow said it about film, but did say this about notes.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Guys try to sound smarter than they are these days I guess.

I think going forward its best to just say we want Kyler to be the SMARTEST WORKER on the team. Thats a safe space for the fanbase and I'd assume the team.

Maybe would have helped Kliff to not look scared you know what on the sidelines in the 1st Qrt of a playoff game.

I do believe film matters. However, for him just not in the way you or others think.

The issue is Kyler doesnt know how to work a bad pocket. He doesnt know how to manipulate a bad pocket to either save a play or make a play. Sometimes a decent pocket he has issues with that as well. His counter moves are simply kill the play/sack or lower his eyes and hope he breaks contain.

The film he needs to watch is Drew Brees and maybe Russell Wilson. Know the play. Know the defense. Know where the pressure is coming from. How can he get the ball out to keep the chains moving. How to avoid a sack and throw the ball away so they are still ahead of the chains. Whether through film of those guys or offseason training he has to figure out to overcome it. Brees had outstanding footwork in a crowd. Russell Wilson had a fearless to him on the interior that Kyler lacks right now. I agree with another post you said where Kliff might to be too BRO COACH for him. And Kyler might not be to self motivated for Kliff. I'd use the words SELF AWARE.

Kyler's approach needs to be better. Stop carrying himself like he's 6'3" in preparation knowing on gameday once he drops his eyes in the pocket he's 5'7".

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For the record...I can buy the argument that Kliff is a bad fit for Kyler. However, I don't believe it is because of scheme and I can't guarantee that a new coach would be able to get more out of Kyler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For the record...I can buy the argument that Kliff is a bad fit for Kyler. However, I don't believe it is because of scheme and I can't guarantee that a new coach would be able to get more out of Kyler.
Of course not. None of us can guarantee anything. What we can do is recognize that’s something is broken and you have to explore all options. Including whether the pairing is a poor one. Which, I believe to be the case for reasons that completely exclude scheme.

Reaction score

As an example, McCoy mentioned Murray’s Week 4 touchdown pass against the Rams to tight end Maxx Williams. The first option, McCoy said, was Edmonds, coming out of the backfield. But Murray knew the Tuesday before the game that if Los Angeles presented a certain coverage, he would throw over the middle to Williams. Murray was so confident that, when the ball was snapped, he never even looked toward Edmonds.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't mean he reads the final product. :)
It was a quote by kyler murray in an interview. Go look it up. What a stupid argument.

I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.
@SoonerLou @PACardsFan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose