Bidwill pissed

Brian in Mesa

I Want To Believe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Click bait or truth? Would love to know.
According to the main article, we only lost 31-11. They can't even get the score correct so who knows what else they have gotten wrong or are just tossing against a wall to see if it sticks?

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does it really matter how pissed he is if he doesn’t make must needed changes & fire either Keim, Kliff or VJ or all?
This is true but if in fact all 3 of them are being put on notice..................? Your asses are on the line in 2022 if the late season collapses doesn't change? I'll believe it when I see it but conventional wisdom tells me that Bidwill wasn't happy how the season ended & wants it fixed. Let's say he fires all 3 of them, do we really trust him to hire a new HC & GM if he was truly the one that wanted SW? If he was the one that wanted SW & hires some bozo to be the new HC we could possibly end up with someone worse than KK & a 3-14 season? My guess is Keim (pretty good guess) would be the last to go. 1. VJ 2. KK 3. SK

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is true but if in fact all 3 of them are being put on notice..................? Your asses are on the line in 2022 if the late season collapses doesn't change? I'll believe it when I see it but conventional wisdom tells me that Bidwill wasn't happy how the season ended & wants it fixed. Let's say he fires all 3 of them, do we really trust him to hire a new HC & GM if he was truly the one that wanted SW?
I personally think all 3 should be fired! Blowseph at least! His defenses have no imagination, same non impactful blitzes, same soft zone coverages play after play where receivers or more wide open consistently. I mean seriously is there any team in this league that allows more easy completions? It’s maddening. Ugh

The reason you fire at least the 2 coaches in charge is imo because we have 2 years to see if a quality coach can improve Kyler & improve one of the worst defenses in the league down the stretch. Make the move now!

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I personally think all 3 should be fired! Blowseph at least! His defenses have no imagination, same non impactful blitzes, same soft zone coverages play after play where receivers or more wide open consistently. I mean seriously is there any team in this league that allows more easy completions? It’s maddening. Ugh

The reason you fire at least the 2 coaches in charge is imo because we have 2 years to see if a quality coach can improve Kyler & improve one of the worst defenses in the league down the stretch. Make the move now!
I dunno the answers to all of that. I do know that KK is gonna get another season. With the history of the Cardinals franchise & all the losing, there's no way an 11 win coach making the playoffs is gonna get canned. 2022 is gonna tell the tale on whether KK & Keim survive or not? Especially KK. Have you looked at the 2022 schedule yet? It's freaking brutal & Keim has his work cut out for him this off season. If he can build a roster that wins 11 games in 2022 with that schedule he should win GM of the year lol.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mike, I am 70. I don't know how many complete rebuilds I have in me. :(

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is true but if in fact all 3 of them are being put on notice..................? Your asses are on the line in 2022 if the late season collapses doesn't change? I'll believe it when I see it but conventional wisdom tells me that Bidwill wasn't happy how the season ended & wants it fixed. Let's say he fires all 3 of them, do we really trust him to hire a new HC & GM if he was truly the one that wanted SW? If he was the one that wanted SW & hires some bozo to be the new HC we could possibly end up with someone worse than KK & a 3-14 season? My guess is Keim (pretty good guess) would be the last to go. 1. VJ 2. KK 3. SK
This is flawed logic, and I've seen it in my work with juvenile delinquents and in addictions. Poor performance (or, in my careers, unacceptable behavior/relapse), must lead to a talk about consequences. Last year was the time for talk of consequences. We had a very unacceptable collapse and there were no excuses for missing the playoffs. That was the time for talk of consequences if there were further problems. Well, we had further problems down the stretch this year, bucket loads of them, culminating in the playoff debacle. If you then go on to wag your finger at Keim, KK, and co, and give them another year with the threat of further consequences, you've just enabled their poor performance. You've enforced that it's okay to underachieve, because they didn't get the consequences. Talk about reinforcing the environment of underachieving!

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is flawed logic, and I've seen it in my work with juvenile delinquents and in addictions. Poor performance (or, in my careers, unacceptable behavior/relapse), must lead to a talk about consequences. Last year was the time for talk of consequences. We had a very unacceptable collapse and there were no excuses for missing the playoffs. That was the time for talk of consequences if there were further problems. Well, we had further problems down the stretch this year, bucket loads of them, culminating in the playoff debacle. If you then go on to wag your finger at Keim, KK, and co, and give them another year with the threat of further consequences, you've just enabled their poor performance. You've enforced that it's okay to underachieve, because they didn't get the consequences. Talk about reinforcing the environment of underachieving!
It's definitely flawed logic if they had that talk after the 2020 season & the same talk has happened or will happen soon. We have no way of knowing if that conversation happened last year or this year really, but if he is pissed about the collapse as was reported potentially, he'd better fire some people if it happens again in 2022.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Mike, I am 70. I don't know how many complete rebuilds I have in me. :(
We have the talent, that’s obvious at 7-0, just misused and not optimized- I would be happy with Kingsbury if he ran the ball more early to give the team a chance.I would be happy with Keim if he would supervise Kingsbury or previous coaches. I am happy Bidwill is pissed, but would prefer to see him and fans butt wiggle happy. Even if we lost against a very good playoff team, we would have competed. Not 5 - 3 and outs and 2 interceptions in the first 1/2.

conner not starting and making the pro bowl, makes it clear to me. Poor judgement, poor insight and makes poor decision! do you live with it, correct it or replace it?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's definitely flawed logic if they had that talk after the 2020 season & the same talk has happened or will happen soon. We have no way of knowing if that conversation happened last year or this year really, but if he is pissed about the collapse as was reported potentially, he'd better fire some people if it happens again in 2022.
If that talk never happened after the 2020 season then we're absolutely doomed. That level of incompetence would be beyond comprehension.

slanidrac16

ASFN Hero
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is silly. Bidwill is pissed. No kidding? Does anybody really think he’s got his feet up on his desk smoking a cigar?

Oh, hey I know we went 1-6 down the stretch, but we went 11-6 and made the playoffs!

It was an abysmal display of ineptitude. We can talk about injuries and COVID and anything else. We weren’t the only team dealing with these things.

Bidwill is pissed. Big deal. Do something about it.

Last edited:

AZman5103

Banned
Reaction score
This is the problem:

If he is "pissed" and gave all three a "there better be changes next year or else" speech...what are the changes? Must win a playoff game? Must win the division? Must reach a certain number of wins? Those things are so hard to predict. Our schedule is much harder. We could have injuries that make it impossible. For all we know the Rams and 49ers could be the top 2 teams in the NFC.

So the changes have to be things like...must be competitive in all games. Must not have a clear collapse at the end of the season. Must hold players accountable. Must not be in the bottom 5 in penalties for the 4th straight year. etc. Those are fine but things that KK has NEVER done...were not talking improvement...were talking complete change of history.

What are the improvements for Keim? 1st rounder must start?

I guess my point is that the only thing Bidwill should be looking at is past results. Keim's drafts have a clear, unmistakable problem. KK ALWAYS has 2nd half collapses, and never really wins big games (meaning games with something on the line). Vance probably has the best record of the 3, but is known to run a complicated system, not utilize all players, and be weak against the run.

There is no amount of "pissed" that is going to change those things, because I would argue those guys CAN'T change those things. They are who they are. If you want those things changed, the answer is new blood.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Cardinals were a real business, KK and probably Keim would have been gone by now. But the NFL allocates media revenue such that even a bad team can make money. And in one sense the Cardinals are a monopoly so that there will always be people who will go to the games no matter how bad the Cardinals play. So the pressure really isn't all that great on Bidwill. He's got it made no matter what.