Bidwill pissed

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wonder what odegards reason for leaving the franchise was?? He seemed like he was learning under Urban and was going to contribute significantly moving forward. Maybe wanted to be a little too real about things? Just curious....could be just sour grapes though.
I think he got a ton more money to write for the gambling site.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until the Suns changed GMs nothing good with happening.

It takes a good GM to put all the pieces together especially hiring the right head coach and helping form the culture of the team.

Team culture is not a meaningless term. It's real.

Football may take longer but the Suns took off after one season with James Jones and Monty Williams. I might add the turnaround was visible the first season.
This. If your GM can’t draft, chooses horrible coordinators to saddle with even more questionable head coaches and continually pins his hopes and dreams on injury prone past their prime FA, nothing changes as long as that GM still has a job.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Ravens went a similar path as the Cardinals. They went from the #1 seed to OUT of the playoffs. They are a proud franchise whose only expectation is winning SB’s. They just fired their DC Martindale. The Cardinals should be doing the same. You CANNOT go 1-6 down the stretch & not make some kind of coaching change. If Michael wants us to respect his franchise, he better get off his butt & make a change SOMEWHERE. The Cardinals should give thought to Martindale once they find out VJ’s ultimate status. It would be great beyond words should VJ get the Miami gig. If he doesn’t, we need to show him the door. Martingale’s defenses were super aggressive & top 5 the last 3 seasons until injuries just destroyed that team even before the season started. C’mon Michael. The clock is ticking.
Wink Wink lol

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is silly. Bidwill is pissed. No kidding? Does anybody really think he’s got his feet up on his desk smoking a cigar?

Oh, hey I know we went 1-6 down the stretch, but we went 11-6 and made the playoffs!

It was an abysmal display of ineptitude. We can talk about injuries and COVID and anything else. We weren’t the only team dealing with these things.

Bidwill is pissed. Big deal. Do something about it.
Living here in St Louis I had to endure the Rams saga. Remember the Rams Ownership telling Dick Vermeill after a bad season things needed to change after they finished with a bad losing record. He replaced the OC and hired Mike Martz. Replaced the DC with Lovie Smith. Spent money in FA on a Qb (Trent Green) who was injured in preseason and replaced by Kurt Warner. Well you know how that turned out.

Cards need an NFL caliber OC and a better DC.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious how you hold someone accountable that makes more money than you do, or whose contract is longer than yours or is a franchise/star or fan favorite player or otherwise holds some type of power over you.

I can see a capable coach or mentor motivating a player to excel for various reasons, but holding someone accountable whose position is equal to or higher than yours would be a tall order.

There are players you can't bench, can't fine or otherwise discipline. A demotion on the depth chart coupled with reduced playing time will affect your next contract, etc. That may apply to older and more mature players who have been in the league longer as they are maybe looking to their next contract. This could also lead to a player who is more concerned about injury than he is in excelling. People are who they are, whether by birth, environment or the luck of the draw. I think it takes maturity, if you aren't born with it, for a person to realize they have additional potential... Then again, you can't really make people do anything. They either do it, don't or land somewhere in the middle. You can't make anyone care. You can beg, plead, cajole, threaten etc but being a mentor/leader to others requires ability, dedication and a willingness on the part of both participants. I remember myself in my early 20s and young people now in my life, most of us weren't capable of looking beyond the end of our nose. Imo, you are either born with it or mature into it. I'm guessing a good coach can guide people to mature into it, but in my experience, most people won't leave their comfort zone of their own accord.
You’re right, most people can’t and don’t. Do you know who does? The greatest achievers. And we have one of the best examples: Larry Fitzgerald. If you recall when Larry got here he was a limited skill set receiver. I believe it was Haley that called him out on it and got him to change his stripes to allow him to ascend to legendary status.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right, most people can’t and don’t. Do you know who does? The greatest achievers. And we have one of the best examples: Larry Fitzgerald. If you recall when Larry got here he was a limited skill set receiver. I believe it was Haley that called him out on it and got him to change his stripes to allow him to ascend to legendary status.

Great example Ouchie

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Wonder what odegards reason for leaving the franchise was?? He seemed like he was learning under Urban and was going to contribute significantly moving forward. Maybe wanted to be a little too real about things? Just curious....could be just sour grapes though.
sports betting pays way better

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since nothing but the sound of crickets is coming from Hardy Drive, perhaps the “pissed” here is being used in the sense that MB is drunk. He should be on a bender after that ridiculously lame performance this past Monday. o_O

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Nothing concrete here but my gut tells me MB wakes up Monday morning after watching games and realizes that he can’t compete in NFC West with Kliff and we pull the trigger.

Again a hunch only. Something seems off over there on Hardy Drive. Historical Bidwill behavior would be a local PR tour with rainbows and unicorns touting “progress” this week from him, Keim, and Kliff if everyone was staying. None of the above.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Nothing concrete here but my gut tells me MB wakes up Monday morning after watching games and realizes that he can’t compete in NFC West with Kliff and we pull the trigger.

Again a hunch only. Something seems off over there on Hardy Drive. Historical Bidwill behavior would be a local PR tour with rainbows and unicorns touting “progress” this week from him, Keim, and Kliff if everyone was staying. None of the above.
On this note sniping a candidate while rest of the league wasn’t paying attention would be something to laud Keim/MB for.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it would take an act of congress for Kiem to be fired.. Right now congress can't agree on the time of day.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is flawed logic, and I've seen it in my work with juvenile delinquents and in addictions. Poor performance (or, in my careers, unacceptable behavior/relapse), must lead to a talk about consequences. Last year was the time for talk of consequences. We had a very unacceptable collapse and there were no excuses for missing the playoffs. That was the time for talk of consequences if there were further problems. Well, we had further problems down the stretch this year, bucket loads of them, culminating in the playoff debacle. If you then go on to wag your finger at Keim, KK, and co, and give them another year with the threat of further consequences, you've just enabled their poor performance. You've enforced that it's okay to underachieve, because they didn't get the consequences. Talk about reinforcing the environment of underachieving!
We don't know the whole story (seldom do).

MB is a unique dude who marches to the beat of his own drummer..

It looks on the surface that the front office was beginning to figure out the evaluation and stockpiling of personnel,but we were terribly thin in the face of injuries at key positions and reeked of flaws in player development.

Whether or not the FO can overcome its deficiencies remains to be seen. Our backup situation looked pretty good, but evidently wasn't good enough. Bottom line - we couldn't develop or chess-piece our way past personnel weaknesses that came beck and bit us.

The end.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One would hope that MB is not totally dependent on Keim and company and has people with whom he consults about talented people in the NFL. Is that wishful thinking?
Yes.

But, maybe he is learning to not be..and we are just dealing with that now. This is what I'm hoping for at the very least.

yagetonemoreyear

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Click bait or truth? Would love to know.
with about 8 teams ALL chasing Coaches, GMs, or both.... IF he was pissed enough to get rid of anyone, they'd already be gone, because the later to that party (coach/GM search) the less you get to kick the tires on.

so, we have Keim, Kingsbury and VJ for next season.
Once they finish 6-11 ( with the #1 pick LB sitting on the bench all year... and yes, I mean a third one)... they will all get fired.
they could stand pat on K1, (unless, as I expect, he fails miserably next season)... but that will be it.... new GM/Coach will draft a new QB and K1 will be gone to some other team as a backup for a year ... or maybe do an immediate pivot to baseball, whatever, he is done... reality caught up to him.......

yagetonemoreyear

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Ravens went a similar path as the Cardinals. They went from the #1 seed to OUT of the playoffs. They are a proud franchise whose only expectation is winning SB’s. They just fired their DC Martindale. The Cardinals should be doing the same. You CANNOT go 1-6 down the stretch & not make some kind of coaching change. If Michael wants us to respect his franchise, he better get off his butt & make a change SOMEWHERE. The Cardinals should give thought to Martindale once they find out VJ’s ultimate status. It would be great beyond words should VJ get the Miami gig. If he doesn’t, we need to show him the door. Martingale’s defenses were super aggressive & top 5 the last 3 seasons until injuries just destroyed that team even before the season started. C’mon Michael. The clock is ticking.
No one is getting fired.
Michael Bidwill made the decision on who was in charge and I guarantee he messes with Keim all the time and Keim just takes it.
Bidwill is a billionaire (no HE didn't actually earn it, but once you have it, YOU are the billionaire, no matter where it came from)
And being a billionaire, his judgement is infallible... that is just the way they are... so there is no way Keim/Kingsbury/VJ are getting fired... MB has fingerprints all over it all and his ego won't let him fire any of them.

so suck it up... many, many losses to come, but we are used to that...
(although those Raiders are looking awfully cute and seductive of late... now that the idiot Gruden is gone).

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And there were rumblings that Kyler want interested in any question Fitz could pass down

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
One would hope that MB is not totally dependent on Keim and company and has people with whom he consults about talented people in the NFL. Is that wishful thinking?
He only talks to other owners. And all of them would cut his throat and dance in his blood to win football games. Not going to bend over backwards to give a competitor a leg up.
No one is getting fired.
Michael Bidwill made the decision on who was in charge and I guarantee he messes with Keim all the time and Keim just takes it.
Bidwill is a billionaire (no HE didn't actually earn it, but once you have it, YOU are the billionaire, no matter where it came from)
And being a billionaire, his judgement is infallible... that is just the way they are... so there is no way Keim/Kingsbury/VJ are getting fired... MB has fingerprints all over it all and his ego won't let him fire any of them.

(although those Raiders are looking awfully cute and seductive of late... now that the idiot Gruden is gone).
Eh not entirely true. Value of franchise is around $2-3b or so. He owns it with his four other siblings. This also means profits have to be split up between said siblings creating a property rich (property being the team itself) and cash “poor” (relative of course) situation. Very wealthy no doubt compared to average folks but not like the actual billionaire owners in the league. Dudes like Kroenke, Glazer, Robert Kraft, Paul Allen, etc find Michael Bidwill money in their couch cushions.

This also ties into why MB needs stability and success. A couple of the siblings wouldn’t mind cashing their $500m checks and riding off into the sunset. Losing puts pressure on that scenario. you’re right though that MB is an egomaniac (all rich guys are) and loves the status that comes with being an NFL owner however he is just one of the kids. My guess is in the next 10-20 years franchise is sold. No chance it makes it to next generation.

And there were rumblings that Kyler want interested in any question Fitz could pass down
this is accurate. Fitz doesnt/didn’t like Kyler and his professional approach. And of course Fitz like everyone else around college and pro football know Kliff to be the joke that he is.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We didn't see that consistent year over year growth from Kyler in passing game for three years know.

That is the root cause of all frustrations against Kyler.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No one is getting fired.

Who are you to decide if he earned it or not?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He only talks to other owners. And all of them would cut his throat and dance in his blood to win football games. Not going to bend over backwards to give a competitor a leg up.

Eh not entirely true. Value of franchise is around $2-3b or so. He owns it with his four other siblings. This also means profits have to be split up between said siblings creating a property rich (property being the team itself) and cash “poor” (relative of course) situation. Very wealthy no doubt compared to average folks but not like the actual billionaire owners in the league. Dudes like Kroenke, Glazer, Robert Kraft, Paul Allen, etc find Michael Bidwill money in their couch cushions.

This also ties into why MB needs stability and success. A couple of the siblings wouldn’t mind cashing their $500m checks and riding off into the sunset. Losing puts pressure on that scenario. you’re right though that MB is an egomaniac (all rich guys are) and loves the status that comes with being an NFL owner however he is just one of the kids. My guess is in the next 10-20 years franchise is sold. No chance it makes it to next generation.

this is accurate. Fitz doesnt/didn’t like Kyler and his professional approach. And of course Fitz like everyone else around college and pro football know Kliff to be the joke that he is.

Paul would comment but unfortunately has assumed room temperature. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose