Bidwill pissed

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
We didn't see that consistent year over year growth from Kyler in passing game for three years know.

That is the root cause of all frustrations against Kyler.
Honestly gut says we try to move on Leftwich this week behind the scenes if TB loses. Very well-respected and liked in the building and fits what they want to do (QB development/play-calling). BA disciple without the BA rough edge personality that drove Bidwill nuts. Easy sell to fans who miss Arians era. Better fit for Kyler offensively than Kliff’s system.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What?

There was clear progress from year one to two, and save for games missed would have superseded his year two numbers.
Agree 100%, especially since he missed 3 games & had his stud WR out after week 7.

Threw for 3800 yards
Completed 69.2% of his passes
Averaged 301 yards passing per game.
24 touchdown passes & 10 int
Ran for 425 yards & 5 touchdowns
Sacked 31 times
Passer rating over 100

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Honestly gut says we try to move on Leftwich this week behind the scenes if TB loses. Very well-respected and liked in the building and fits what they want to do (QB development/play-calling). BA disciple without the BA rough edge personality that drove Bidwill nuts. Easy sell to fans who miss Arians era. Better fit for Kyler offensively than Kliff’s system.
That is a very good call, surprised now more people are not bringing up that scenario

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agree 100%, especially since he missed 3 games & had his stud WR out after week 7.

Threw for 3800 yards
Completed 69.2% of his passes
Averaged 301 yards passing per game.
24 touchdown passes & 10 int
Ran for 425 yards & 5 touchdowns
Sacked 31 times
Passer rating over 100
Most of the good numbers are from before the injury. Injury reverted him to rookie Kyler Murray

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This would be interesting.

Obviously Leftwich hasn’t developed anyone—he worked with Jameis who was in the 30/30 club and then Brady.

If you want to see how Kyler would perform in a Pro-style offense though, that would be the kind of candidate that Michael and Keim could attract.
If kliff was being fired it would have happened by now guys
My theory is that Michael is asking Kliff to put together a plan explaining why the collapse has happened the past two years and how he’ll fix it. If Kliff doesn’t have good answers, they’ll make a move.

It hasn’t even been a week since the collapse at SoFi.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most of the good numbers are from before the injury. Injury reverted him to rookie Kyler Murray
The injury was a high ankle sprain, which should have affected his running numbers. But it didn’t. He had 282 yards rushing after the injury as opposed to 147 prior to the injury. It goes without saying that Murray runs when he HAS to. With Hopkins available the 1st 7 games, Murray had more passing options because teams focused on Hop, which left the rest of his receivers against lesser CB’s. Once Hop went out, Green & Kirk went on witness protection, and Murray was forced to run more. Coupled with an OL that got worse every week, especially when Hudson was out 4-5 weeks & it‘s not rocket science that Murray’s numbers wouldn’t be as good. It had nothing to do with reverting, but everything to do with lack of protection, lack of run support from RB’s, and lack go WR production.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Obviously Leftwich hasn’t developed anyone—he worked with Jameis who was in the 30/30 club and then Brady.

If you want to see how Kyler would perform in a Pro-style offense though, that would be the kind of candidate that Michael and Keim could attract.

My theory is that Michael is asking Kliff to put together a plan explaining why the collapse has happened the past two years and how he’ll fix it. If Kliff doesn’t have good answers, they’ll make a move.

Hey, someone who has an appreciation for process! :thumbup:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Leftwich got 11 touchdown passes out of Josh Rosen in a half a season. Probably a feather in his cap honestly.

Man those BA teams we really took for granted how hard they played. We went 8-8 with Blaine Gabbert and Drew Stanton for heavens sake

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The injury was a high ankle sprain, which should have affected his running numbers. But it didn’t. He had 282 yards rushing after the injury as opposed to 147 prior to the injury. It goes without saying that Murray runs when he HAS to. With Hopkins available the 1st 7 games, Murray had more passing options because teams focused on Hop, which left the rest of his receivers against lesser CB’s. Once Hop went out, Green & Kirk went on witness protection, and Murray was forced to run more. Coupled with an OL that got worse every week, especially when Hudson was out 4-5 weeks & it‘s not rocket science that Murray’s numbers wouldn’t be as good. It had nothing to do with reverting, but everything to do with lack of protection, lack of run support from RB’s, and lack go WR production.
This is such BS. McCoy had two of the best games a Cardinals QB has ever had without Hopkins and Chase and injuries on the O-line. One of those games on the road against a team in the NFC Title Game.

The nonstop excuses by Murray fluff era is laughable at this point. He flat out stunk the majority of the second half of the season.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nonstop excuses by Murray fluff era is laughable at this point. He flat out stunk the majority of the second half of the season.

Setting the defensive conversions aside, a guess on my part is that any discussion about improvement with the team would be how Kingsbury will go about improving Murray's play/effectiveness.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And there were rumblings that Kyler want interested in any question Fitz could pass down
I remain skeptical of this because it wasn’t widely reported and I can’t even recall the original source. Not to mention, Fitz was never a very vocal leader, so I’m also skeptical he changed his spots late in his career.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He only talks to other owners. And all of them would cut his throat and dance in his blood to win football games. Not going to bend over backwards to give a competitor a leg up.

Eh not entirely true. Value of franchise is around $2-3b or so. He owns it with his four other siblings. This also means profits have to be split up between said siblings creating a property rich (property being the team itself) and cash “poor” (relative of course) situation. Very wealthy no doubt compared to average folks but not like the actual billionaire owners in the league. Dudes like Kroenke, Glazer, Robert Kraft, Paul Allen, etc find Michael Bidwill money in their couch cushions.

This also ties into why MB needs stability and success. A couple of the siblings wouldn’t mind cashing their $500m checks and riding off into the sunset. Losing puts pressure on that scenario. you’re right though that MB is an egomaniac (all rich guys are) and loves the status that comes with being an NFL owner however he is just one of the kids. My guess is in the next 10-20 years franchise is sold. No chance it makes it to next generation.

this is accurate. Fitz doesnt/didn’t like Kyler and his professional approach. And of course Fitz like everyone else around college and pro football know Kliff to be the joke that he is.
Evidence of this? Not saying it’s not true, just haven’t really seen this concretely reported but it’s been bandied about a lot on this board like it’s a proven truth.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Evidence of this? Not saying it’s not true, just haven’t really seen this concretely reported but it’s been bandied about a lot on this board like it’s a proven truth.
I mean if you’re looking for screenshots of text messages or something not sure what I can provide.

Fitz is a pro’s pro. He’s not going to burn any bridges on his way out for no reason. Did you ever hear him talking loud publicly about how much Max Hall and Kevin Kolb sucked back in the day?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is such BS. McCoy had two of the best games a Cardinals QB has ever had without Hopkins and Chase and injuries on the O-line. One of those games on the road against a team in the NFC Title Game.

Then your just making the point more valid that this coaching staff sucks! Because we all know that McCoy is not better so we must have had a game plan and actually executed it. Yet most of our terrible games like the playoffs loss had no game plan or a terrible one? Why can’t this staff produce a game plan that doesn’t go 3 and out 5 times in a row in the biggest game of their careers? Kliff looked like a deer in headlights from the jump, like I’m way in over my head and it showed!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s interesting.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Leftwich got 11 touchdown passes out of Josh Rosen in a half a season. Probably a feather in his cap honestly.

Man those BA teams we really took for granted how hard they played. We went 8-8 with Blaine Gabbert and Drew Stanton for heavens sake
That’s fair—and then we fired Leftwich.

Many people here didn’t understand how good we had it under Arians. He retired, but many here were so happy to see him walk out the door. Wild.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s fair—and then we fired Leftwich.

Many people here didn’t understand how good we had it under Arians. He retired, but many here were so happy to see him walk out the door. Wild.

I still wear my Kangol so don't blame me for wanting him gone.

:cool:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean if you’re looking for screenshots of text messages or something not sure what I can provide.

Fitz is a pro’s pro. He’s not going to burn any bridges on his way out for no reason. Did you ever hear him talking loud publicly about how much Max Hall and Kevin Kolb sucked back in the day?
No, just actually someone with first hand knowledge reporting verses guys on an internet board talking about it.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The defense back in week 9 & 11 under McCoy was an entirely different defense from a production standpoint than it was the last 5 weeks. That D held the Niners to 39 yards on the ground. Could they do that the last month? Hell no. The woes of our offense late in the season had as much to do with our pathetic defense not being able to get off the field.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The defense back in week 9 & 11 under McCoy was an entirely different defense from a production standpoint than it was the last 5 weeks. That D held the Niners to 39 yards on the ground. Could they do that the last month? Hell no. The woes of our offense late in the season had as much to do with our pathetic defense not being able to get off the field.
Because the quarterback was consistency going 3 and out multiple times to being games?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson