Bickley convo with Palmer

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
http://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=339004&sid=1005&n=Burns+&+Gambo

here is the Podcast with Bick and Gambo/Burns

the reason i posted this:

Palmer told Bickley he had one regret -- Mike Bidwill was the owner that Palmer repsected, liked playing for, competing for and as a result, Palmer wanted to be the guy that handed him a Lombardi Trophy. His regret was that he didnt get to do that.

He went on to say that given what Mike B has put into place, it wont be long until someone hands him the Lombardi Trophy

pretty powerful stuff from a player -- who has no reason to suck up the mgmt anymore

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe Palmer will want to be a part-time QB coach to help out the guy we draft. He has a lot of knowledge about how to prepare and execute in the NFL, regardless of who we hire as HC and OC.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The two best QBs the Cardinals have ever had are Kurt Warner and Jim Hart but my favorite QBs are Lomax, Plummer and freaking Carson Palmer. Football is more than skill and accomplishments, it's one of the few 'man's' games left and character is part of the allure, and Carson epitomized what it meant to be a field general... great insight to the man in the interview and why guys would go to war for him :newcards:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Muchos Respect for Palmer. I wish they gave him a better OL and he stayed a little healthier.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The two best QBs the Cardinals have ever had are Kurt Warner and Jim Hart but my favorite QBs are Lomax, Plummer and freaking Carson Palmer. Football is more than skill and accomplishments, it's one of the few 'man's' games left and character is part of the allure, and Carson epitomized what it meant to be a field general... great insight to the man in the interview and why guys would go to war for him :newcards:

Palmer is/was a better player than Hart.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Palmer will want to be a part-time QB coach to help out the guy we draft. He has a lot of knowledge about how to prepare and execute in the NFL, regardless of who we hire as HC and OC.

he has already moved out of Arizona

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Muchos Respect for Palmer. I wish they gave him a better OL and he stayed a little healthier.

Many of us would be laid up for a week just taking one of those hits.
In defense of the Cards though, Holden, Boone, Shipley, Watford, Wetzel was not the line they tried to give him.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Carson is my favorite Cards QB, tough as nails and it seems like he really relished his time here/being a Cardinal. Love Kurt, especially after seeing him help coach my sons Pop Warner team this fall, but I always felt he thought of himself as a Ram and personally I thought he allowed his family/faith to be out in front too much. That of course is a totally personal decision and it is a great story, maybe he didn't have too much control of that. I really liked the low key, look at the team vibe with the media I got from CP.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Carson is my favorite Cards QB, tough as nails and it seems like he really relished his time here/being a Cardinal. Love Kurt, especially after seeing him help coach my sons Pop Warner team this fall, but I always felt he thought of himself as a Ram and personally I thought he allowed his family/faith to be out in front too much. That of course is a totally personal decision and it is a great story, maybe he didn't have too much control of that. I really liked the low key, look at the team vibe with the media I got from CP.

Nope. Warner has gone on record stating he views himself as a Cardinal. The Rams did not treat him fairly in his view. He played in more games as a Cardinal as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The difference between Palmer and Warner in my mind was that Warner never seemed to get nervous. You could tell that nerves got the better of Palmer at times. But when Palmer was on...he could really throw the deep ball.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Many of us would be laid up for a week just taking one of those hits.
In defense of the Cards though, Holden, Boone, Shipley, Watford, Wetzel was not the line they tried to give him.

I was referring to OL issues for the past 35 games or so

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson