• Ayton and Camara for Nurkic and Allen

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I liked the team better the way it was

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Votes aren't public we're going secret ballot style to keep our Sunday nice and peaceful - can't change ur vote tho el permanente

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the Suns upside prior to the Durant trade.

There was so much they could have done to improve the team with expiring contracts and all their draft picks.

However, of the trades, I like the trade for Bradley Beal the best.

The Suns were moving on from Chris Paul and they dumped Landry Shamet in the same trade for second round picks and some first round swaps.

Aside from money, that's a cheap price for a star player.

Suns receive:

• Bradley Beal
  • Jordan Goodwin
  • Isaiah Todd
Wizards receive:

• Chris Paul
  • Landry Shamet
  • Second round picks in 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2030.
  • Pick swaps in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I voted for the Beal trade because it was the best chance to make good on the horrible Durant deal. Once the Suns took on Durant, they had to be consistent.

Last edited:

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns team before the Durant trade was going nowhere. Paul was a dinosaur, Bridges played Bookers position and Ayton was we know what

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I would think the trade to bring in KD, although it cost a lot you got freaking KD tell me all the other HOF players wanted and insisted on coming to Phx?
Plus KD is likely part of the reason we got Beal - who has to give his blessing on the trade - and a lot of the min contract guys a well

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Getting to watch the twilight of a hall of fame career and a bunch of minimum contract guys isn't exactly blowing my hair back thus far.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting to watch the twilight of a hall of fame career and a bunch of minimum contract guys isn't exactly blowing my hair back thus far.

I'm waiting for the Suns to complete their roster. The present team does not appear ready to win a championship.

This could change with the right addition. The Suns need another capable forward. I wouldn't mind more help at center too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t know that yet.
And we didn't "know" that about the pre-Durant group either. I don't think either roster is or was going to win us a championship but that other roster wasn't flashing an expiration date. Now, we win it this year or next or we can just dream about it for another decade.

With all the young super teams around the league right now, we'd probably have been looking at a complete rebuild anyway even without the KD trade but it's much easier to rebuild with all your picks, tradable players and an aggressive owner that's willing to spend. Now, we have mostly untradable players, very little draft capital but, on the plus side, at least we're helmed by an ideal owner (on paper).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we will see some waiver players signed or a small trade.
Probably but I wouldn't look for anything significant. I think the new agreement really ties our hands going forward, with waived players and with trades.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not entirely true, we don't have much flexibility, but we do have a little and I expect them to use it.

You know what I mean, nothing that moves the meter. Maybe an upgrade over the 9th rotation guy. Our feet and ankles are in cement for the foreseeable future.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what I mean, nothing that moves the meter. Maybe an upgrade over the 9th rotation guy. Our feet and ankles are in cement for the foreseeable future.

With the Suns bench production, it doesn't take much to improve the team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
With the Suns bench production, it doesn't take much to improve the team.

We’re limited in the buyout market as well as the incoming/outgoing match salary in trades due to apron restrictions and our first rd pick can’t be traded until draft day. The new CBA screwed over teams that don’t care about the luxury tax.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re limited in the buyout market as well as the incoming/outgoing match salary in trades due to apron restrictions and our first rd pick can’t be traded until draft day. The new CBA screwed over teams that don’t care about the luxury tax.

The Suns can still do trades, although it's harder. They can always waive a player as well and sign a player like Biz to a minimum deal.

Also, I think the Suns still have a couple of trade exceptions.

The Suns added those second round picks for a reason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard