Best player in the draft

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Back in the Day" - before salary caps and free agency ruled - there were always 2 or 3 teams so well-stocked with talent they could afford to take a flier on an prospect with a huge upside.

Team Felon was the poster child for this strategy; drafting a QB with 4 years of Navy duty in front of him (Staubach) or a RB you never heard of from a small school (Thomas). Or turning a MLB into a DT (Randy White).

Other than perhaps the Patriots, I can't think of any other NFL team who has enough talent throughout its roster to risk a 1st round choice on someone like Matt Jones. (Note: My current draft places the undersized DT from LSU with the freakish Combine scores (Babineaux) in the same category as Jones. I have the Pats selecting Babineaux at #32 but at MLB not DT. But the more I think about it, Jones might be a more likely pick by the Pats).

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
"Back in the Day" - before salary caps and free agency ruled - there were always 2 or 3 teams so well-stocked with talent they could afford to take a flier on an prospect with a huge upside.

Team Felon was the poster child for this strategy; drafting a QB with 4 years of Navy duty in front of him (Staubach) or a RB you never heard of from a small school (Thomas). Or turning a MLB into a DT (Randy White).

Other than perhaps the Patriots, I can't think of any other NFL team who has enough talent throughout its roster to risk a 1st round choice on someone like Matt Jones. (Note: My current draft places the undersized DT from LSU with the freakish Combine scores (Babineaux) in the same category as Jones. I have the Pats selecting Babineaux at #32 but at MLB not DT. But the more I think about it, Jones might be a more likely pick by the Pats).

Jeff, dont forget he will be reunited with cedric cobbs with the pats as well.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
CAn he play cb or rb?

The kid does sound amazing. If we don'r get him I hope he doesn't end up in the NFC West.

He has moved into the top 40 players as of today. Do not be surprised to see him go in round one.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
arizona_cards_11 said:
I gaurantee he goes before we get our 2nd rd selection.

Kerouac owes me beer! Kerouac owes me beer!

woohoo!

Budweiser Select please.....the liver is evil and must be punished.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard