Best burgers in the Valley

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
First - I'm going to say that The Chuckbox and Hamburger Works are the best burgers in the Valley and that they're nearly identical

Secondly - or should I say in 2nd place is The Dirty Drummer - amazing burgers - and might I add they're on sale every Tuesday. You can get 2 cheeseburgers (each with fries) for $15 and they are more than filling

Third prize goes to The Stand in Arcadia - I personally get them plain with cheese in the drive thru and dress them up at home but the meat quality is A+

What you got ASFN? And let's try to leave the big chains out of this!!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t eat beef, but Alex does. I like going to places that serve turkey burgers that I can get in place of the beef patties.

One of our favorite spots that Alex, Roy enjoys the burgers, and I like the turkey burgers is rehab in old town Scottsdale

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don’t eat beef, but Alex does. I like going to places that serve turkey burgers that I can get in place of the beef patties.

One of our favorite spots that Alex, Roy enjoys the burgers, and I like the turkey burgers is rehab in old town Scottsdale
Holy hell Batman just looked them up and the Rehab is as expensive as real Rehab

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

We go there after taking the Camaro to the Rock and Roll Car Show in The Pavilions at Talking Stick on Saturdays. A little pricey but excellent burgers.

Last edited:

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Haven't been to one since moving to Tucson many years ago, but I did indeed dig the Dirty Drummer burger. I'd order it with all five of their available cheeses and added grilled onions and mushrooms. With all the add-ons it ended up being like a $20 burger, but damn it was tasty.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Harvey's Wineburgers on 16th Street in Phoenix are so freaking good.

I love the burgers at Arizona Wilderness Brewery as well.
Second both of these. A couple others that I enjoy (not quite as good) are Four Peaks and Peoria Artisan Brewery if you’re in the NW Valley.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Closed many years ago. But anyone ever eat at the Cowbell on West Bethany Home Road? We went the all the time for lunch in the 60’s. It was near our high school. Best burgers in Phoenix at the time. I would be shocked if anyone else ate there.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I like the stand and wineburger

Burgers are over of those things that I think I like as much when they are dressed down

If you like fancy burgers or a dressed up take, there is a newer place by the stadiums in Glendale - Then Burger

It's a bit pricey, but they have some unique takes on burgers and everything is quality

I usually stick to cocktails (which are excellent) and the fried mozzarella - maybe Mac and Cheese

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed with the Stand and Harvey's. Both places are awesome.

Bang for buck, I don't know that anything beats Harvey's. Under 10 bucks for a massive, juicy burger and fries... their booze prices are cheap too and they pour heavy there.

Been too long since I had the Hamburger Works. Went there a lot as a kid.

Flagstaff has a spot just like the Burger Works and Chuck Spot, called Bun Huggers.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bang for buck, I don't know that anything beats Harvey's. Under 10 bucks for a massive, juicy burger and fries... their booze prices are cheap too and they pour heavy there.

Flagstaff has a spot just like the Burger Works and Chuck Spot, called Bun Huggers.

Hamburger Works is a great place. Always loved Bun huggers when I lived up there

AZ Native

Reaction score

Been there

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There was a Burger Rehab near me on 16th and Bethany but it didn't survive 2020.

It took some convincing for me to try it, but their PB&J burger is awesome. It sounds revolting but it's damn good... I gotta split it though and then split a regular burger with another person, it's really rich.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I haven't been there in years but Blu Burger and Pinnacle Grille were always favorites in North Scottsdale. Pinnacle started as a Blu Burger then became their own place. Looking up their menu they don't look as good now. They cut down on their protein options. They used to have bison and salmon patties like Blu does.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Holy hell Batman just looked them up and the Rehab is as expensive as real Rehab
I was expecting worse from this. Their prices don't seem too crazy for me. $15 +- a couple is sadly in the ballpark of Five Guys and other places now.

If you guys want some crazy burgers try Holsteins next time you're in Vegas. It's inside the Cosmo. You can get stuff like a burger with foie gras on it there.

AZ Native

Reaction score
I haven't been there in years but Blu Burger and Pinnacle Grille were always favorites in North Scottsdale. Pinnacle started as a Blu Burger then became their own place. Looking up their menu they don't look as good now. They cut down on their protein options. They used to have bison and salmon patties like Blu does.
I live near Blu Burger and have given them a few tries but I was not impressed.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was expecting worse from this. Their prices don't seem too crazy for me. $15 +- a couple is sadly in the ballpark of Five Guys and other places now.

If you guys want some crazy burgers try Holsteins next time you're in Vegas. It's inside the Cosmo. You can get stuff like a burger with foie gras on it there.
Holsteins rocks. Taking my son up there in a couple weeks to celebrate his 21st and he asked for Holsteins because we took them there many times as kids/teens

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I live near Blu Burger and have given them a few tries but I was not impressed.
I wonder if they've gone down hill since Covid. It was pre-covid the last time I went. To be fully honest, I had to google them to see if they still existed. I thought I had heard that they went under durning it.

AZ Native

Reaction score
I wonder if they've gone down hill since Covid. It was pre-covid the last time I went. To be fully honest, I had to google them to see if they still existed. I thought I had heard that they went under durning it.
They always seem busy so there's that.