Best burgers in the Valley

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loooks great!

Funny how burger (and/or) anything scenes in general are so different across the country. Burgers are huge here in MSP. Smashies are the way to go IMO.
Have you had your Jucy Lucy?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aioli Gourmet Burgers is a really good place for burgers. Good variety, big burgers, lots of cheeses and toppings. We've only been to the 7th & Bell location, but they have three places in the area. Love that they serve AZ Lemonade Stand - several varieties of lemonade served in 32 oz mason jars that you get to keep.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been there in years but Blu Burger and Pinnacle Grille were always favorites in North Scottsdale. Pinnacle started as a Blu Burger then became their own place. Looking up their menu they don't look as good now. They cut down on their protein options. They used to have bison and salmon patties like Blu does.
There used to be a Blu Burger in south Chandler at Alma School and Chandler Heights. I really like it and when they closed down, I looked at their website to find another....and they had 2 other locations. One in Scottsdale...and one in Saudi Arabia. Lol.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There used to be a Blu Burger in south Chandler at Alma School and Chandler Heights. I really like it and when they closed down, I looked at their website to find another....and they had 2 other locations. One in Scottsdale...and one in Saudi Arabia. Lol.
When I lived in Ocotillo we ate there a few times

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a new market to tap into!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to The Original Hamburger Works for the first time today for lunch. Burger was okay, nothing great. Got the bacon cheeseburger and it was a little dry, bun was meh, and fries were pretty plain. Doubt if I'll go back.

My next Friday burger outing I may have to try Aioli burger.

Last Friday did the AZ Wilderness, week before did Harvey's, and the week before did Shake Shack (which is also pretty damn good and should be included in the discussion.)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Love Shake Shack - great fries (esp with cheese sauce) and the burgers aren't overwhelming in size. Throw in a shake as well, and I'm in hog heaven.

I feel the same about Wilderness burgers as I do their beer - good, but I'm hoping for more.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chuck box.....................so good. Shake Shack. Burger Lounge.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to Paradise Valley Burger Company in Tempe today and got the Brulee Burger with seasoned fries.

IT was one of the better burgers I had in a long time. The sweetness and acidity were on point. Highly recommend.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to Paradise Valley Burger Company in Tempe today and got the Brulee Burger with seasoned fries.

IT was one of the better burgers I had in a long time. The sweetness and acidity were on point. Highly recommend.
Brulee burger? Tell me about it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brulee burger? Tell me about it.
Oh man, it was fantastic: Burger Brûlée includes 1/4# burger, bacon, egg, Havarti cheese, pickled onions, lettuce and 1000 island dressing, all on a burnt sugar bun.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, it was fantastic: Burger Brûlée includes 1/4# burger, bacon, egg, Havarti cheese, pickled onions, lettuce and 1000 island dressing, all on a burnt sugar bun.

You lost DCR at the egg because he cray cray :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So not a legit sugar bun. Just a bun that they put sugar on a lit on fire? When I think sugar bun, I think of a cinnamon roll/sticky bun type thing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You lost DCR at the egg because he cray cray :)
You don't know me, fool. I LOVE eggs on burgers. It was the caramelized onions on your hangover burger than turned me off.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm shocked no one mentioned these following two places! First, there is Lucky Boy on 16th St & E Osborn and then WTF EXP on 11th St & E Buckeye. Both are beyond amazing!

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Wow, I'm shocked no one mentioned these following two places! First, there is Lucky Boy on 16th St & E Osborn and then WTF EXP on 11th St & E Buckeye. Both are beyond amazing!
Haven't had Lucky Boy in a long while, haven't tried the WTF EXP place yet

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Was going to mention Paradise Valley Burger but someone beat me to the punch. I always get the brûlée burger and sweet potato tots. Right down the street from my house. They also own Paradise Valley Pizza in the same parking lot, but heard that isn’t as good comparatively and has some very funky pizza toppings.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Was going to mention Paradise Valley Burger but someone beat me to the punch. I always get the brûlée burger and sweet potato tots. Right down the street from my house. They also own Paradise Valley Pizza in the same parking lot, but heard that isn’t as good comparatively and has some very funky pizza toppings.
Gotta ask for some of that jalapeno ranch with those tots - that's a hell of a duo.