Bell, Diaw gone? J-Rich in?

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=860247&start=15

dbdynsty is saying the Suns have traded Bell, Diaw, Singletary for Jason Richardson and Jared Dudley of the Charlotte Bobcats.

He has a source within the organization and even called the Shaq to Suns trade weeks before it went down last season, so take it for what it is worth.

by dbdynsty25 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:21 pm
Bell, Diaw, Singletary...gone.

Richardson, Dudley...coming from the Bobcats.

At least Tucker will be activated.

News should come out any time now..

UPDATE
Done deal.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/

Suns trade Bell, Diaw for Richardson The Suns acquired dynamic shooting guard Jason Richardson in a trade with the Charlotte Bobcats.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/12/10/20081210sunstradeonline.html

Last edited:

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I'm going to wait for my text message from KTAR to believe the trade is going to happen.

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
Why would Charlotte do that? They get back an over the hump Bell, and Diaw who can't play anywhere near his contract for a guys whos maybe in the top 3rd in the league at his position (or at very least top half). Jrichs deal ends the same time Diaws dose, but its a bit more pricey which would hurt the Suns if they did try to rebuild soon or be big players in the 2010 free for all but it would probably still be worth it.

I know theres been rumors about Charlotte wanting to move him, but that deal just seems way too one sided in favor of Phoenix.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Richardson here but isn't he a pretty bad defender also? I guess he would give us another shooter who can score which is really good for depth and nash.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be a great trade for the Suns.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Jordan is involved (right?) I am more inclined to believe this one.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont get this deal for CHA, other than they are a horrible franchise. They are basically taking back more salary.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
3 way deal w/the Knicks involving Marbury to the Bobcats?:shrug:
All i know is that i got excited* when i saw "Bell gone."

*not Andrew excited but excited as in smile on face.

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Richardson here but isn't he a pretty bad defender also? I guess he would give us another shooter who can score which is really good for depth and nash.

Wouldn't mind him? This would be a pretty stellar trade for the Suns. They get another scorer, which they need (Amare is their only reliable 20ppg guy, and theres too much of a scoring burden on Nash). He's a below average defender, but Bell isn't exactly the stopper he once was and he's not scoring as easily as he did in years past either, plus him and Porter don't seem to get along.

Either way, it does seem too good to be true, but then again the Shaq for Marion trade seemed too dumb to be true and it happened.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Just got a text from my buddy who works with Suns media and he said it's a done deal.

Seriously? How many additional draft picks did the Suns throw in, three?

As far as I'm concerned, a trade of Diaw for a jar of moldy diarrhea would be a win for the Suns, so this would be spectacular beyond all dreams.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you serious phx 32? if so than I take back my first statment and i'm thrilled with this trade bye bye ***** diaw

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
Yes I'm serious. He broke the news to me about 2 hours ago then just hit me back a couple minutes ago saying "done deal". Looks like we'll see J Rich in a Suns jersey by friday. WOOT! :)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea why CHA would do that deal man.

Is Jordan destroying them so he can save them and fulfill his hero complex? If so, he's well past the saving stage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison