Bears Trade #1 Pick to Panthers

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just don't see anyone giving us a Kings ransom to move up one spot especially if they know we're likely going defense - and I hope folks don't try and blame Monti when it doesn't happen
Not saying that it would be a Kings Ransom. There's a chart which shows what it would cost to move up a spot, but I don't know what it is worth in picks. Also, possible that it includes a player. Remember on Draft Day QB's always go higher than expected. And Richardson is getting a lot of buzz.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting scenario.

Although I think that Seattle will be content to let Carter drop to them.
Carter is exactly what that Seattle defense needs, so I agree that they would run to the podium to draft him. I personally think that Carter is more valuable to the Cardinals than Anderson is, but I don’t think the Cardinals would draft Carter. The only way I see us drafting Carter is if he’s completely exonerated & we trade down twice & he‘s still there. I think if we trade down ONCE to around 8, and he’s there, the haul we would get makes it possibly worth the risk of drafting him.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Carter is exactly what that Seattle defense needs, so I agree that they would run to the podium to draft him. I personally think that Carter is more valuable to the Cardinals than Anderson is, but I don’t think the Cardinals would draft Carter. The only way I see us drafting Carter is if he’s completely exonerated & we trade down twice & he‘s still there. I think if we trade down ONCE to around 8, and he’s there, the haul we would get makes it possibly worth the risk of drafting him.
I’m hearing he doesn’t get past Seattle.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think by the time the draft comes round that the whole Carter thing will be handled and considered a minor infraction. I don't expect him to get past the Lions at 6, if not the Seahawks.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CBS is now predicting an Indy trade with Cards getting No. 4, No. 164, 2024 second.
Any chance that the Colts would trade their center, Jones who might be released or traded, per reports, to the Cards for a switch of first round picks?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I fear is that the Seahawks will become enamored with Anderson and just jump the Cardinals.

We have to hope that the Texans are really enamored with a QB. I know when you need one it's easy to fall in love with lesser guys, but if the Texans are smart, they will understand that Young is a very meh prospect at QB. I see him as a short Bridgewater.
I raised the question in another thread of whether the Cardinals should trade UP for Anderson in another thread. If the Texans call & say the Seahawks are trying to trade up, should the Cardinals give up say a 3rd to make sure they don't get jumped? But the consensus there was that even though Anderson is considered the #1 prospect in the draft and is a position of need, he was only worth the #3 pick and nothing more, the Cardinals should just wait and hope he drops to 3, and no one would complain if the Cardinals missed out on him. :shrug:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Getting back to Carter for a moment, Couldn't a team simply put in his contract something about no speeding tickets, DUIs, negligent accidents, etc. If he commits any of these types of infractions, then his contract is voided or diminished considerably. Wouldn't that put teams minds at ease in regards to his future, or at least give them an out?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Getting back to Carter for a moment, Couldn't a team simply put in his contract something about no speeding tickets, DUIs, negligent accidents, etc. If he commits any of these types of infractions, then his contract is voided or diminished considerably. Wouldn't that put teams minds at ease in regards to his future, or at least give them an out?
And no high draft pick will ever sign that contract.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

While we're at it, why not read the whole criminal code into everyone's contract? :shrug:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While we're at it, why not read the whole criminal code into everyone's contract? :shrug:
While your sarcasm is noted it’s not unheard of for behavior clauses in big money contracts with people that have a history. It’s certainly been done before. It’s not like that’s completely out of left field.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While your sarcasm is noted it’s not unheard of for behavior clauses in big money contracts with people that have a history. It’s certainly been done before. It’s not like that’s completely out of left field.

I imagine, but Carter was not cited for either speeding or drinking and driving, from what I've read.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine, but Carter was not cited for either speeding or drinking and driving, from what I've read.
He was indicted on two criminal charges??? Has something changed? It also shows a clear lack of good decision making. Not that I think it will affect his draft status like many here do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave