Beanies Comments

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am not nearly as concerned about who is running the ball. Both of our backs have shown they can do a good job when they do not turn it over. I am confident either one will produce, when given a chance to make an impact on the game.

Duck mentioned yesterday Timmy is in there because we are a pass first run second team. Timmy suits that game plan well. But Warner is long gone. I honestly believe if Whiz really wanted a run based, keep your defense off the field, (that might help) pound the rock type of offense he would start Beanie.

Like I said, I dig both of our backs. I am patiently waiting a more balanced offense so they can do their thing. Whiz did win a SB with a run first offense. Whiz took us to the SB with a pass first offense. So Whiz is a pimp either way. (IMO)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not nearly as concerned about who is running the ball. Both of our backs have shown they can do a good job when they do not turn it over. I am confident either one will produce, when given a chance to make an impact on the game.

Duck mentioned yesterday Timmy is in there because we are a pass first run second team. Timmy suits that game plan well. But Warner is long gone. I honestly believe if Whiz really wanted a run based, keep your defense off the field, (that might help) pound the rock type of offense he would start Beanie.

Like I said, I dig both of our backs. I am patiently waiting a more balanced offense so they can do their thing. Whiz did win a SB with a run first offense. Whiz took us to the SB with a pass first offense. So Whiz is a pimp either way. (IMO)

Simple solution. Have a 2 RB split back formation with both Hightower and Beenis in the backfield. Our TE position on this team is useless anyway.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Simple solution. Have a 2 RB split back formation with both Hightower and Beenis in the backfield. Our TE position on this team is useless anyway.

I think that would work best. Sub out one of them for LSH and you have a more dynamic look with a speedy pass catcher in there. When LSH or Beanie are in the game, you pretty much know they are getting the ball since neither is a strong blocker.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I could see that working. It would take some practice. It would help get Hall out of the shot gun so much. It would also help Beanie in theory, when he is in the backfield by himself other teams seem to know its usually a run. It could help out Timmy too. Oh well, we probably will not see it. (I still haven't ever used the brick wall head smasher but Sunday might be the day :D)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

That's hard to do when you are determined to run 9 WR sets.

:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Really??? I guess I must be watching a different #34 with the name HIGHTOWER on the back of his jersey.

If Hightower had 3 carries for 5 yards he'd still have several good plays. He is getting really, really good at pass protection. It is fun watching him bust up blitzers. Especially since our offensive line never does.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
anybody who can come on this board and still defend the derrick/matt decision after how these four games have played out needs there head examined

don't you guys realize that both guys can, and do, suck? it's not a derrick/matt decision. they both suck. what do you want to eat, poop or crap? either way, you lose.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't you guys realize that both guys can, and do, suck? it's not a derrick/matt decision. they both suck. what do you want to eat, poop or crap? either way, you lose.

:notworthy:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Matt wouldn't have sucked this bad. He wouldn't have been the worst rated QB in the league. Maybe 4th worst, but not very worst.

Matt's issues were with the team not "buying into him" (I believe that to be the coaches, not the team, but regardless the point stands), not with looking terrible. He looked average. Nothing great, nothing bad.

Anderson looked like Anderson...horribly inaccurate with a big arm. From a production standpoint, Anderson did NOT outplay Leinart. The whole "move the offense" argument was also overblown, given that DA didn't move the offense until the fourth series in Chicago (when Leinart didn't get a fourth series in TN).

Coach Whis and others did not jive with Matt - I can accept that. Derek fracking Anderson is not a better QB than him, however and he would not have sucked this bad.

We would still have lost to the Falcons and Chargers, but he wouldn't have sucked as bad as DA.

I do actually prefer constipation over diarrhea, so there is a difference in crap. DA is messy, smelly, all-over the place diarrhea. And we chose that over constipation which is painful, but not messy. It is what it is, completely unfortunate situation all around.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach Whis and others did not jive with Matt - I can accept that. Derek fracking Anderson is not a better QB than him, however and he would not have sucked this bad.

We would still have lost to the Falcons and Chargers, but he wouldn't have sucked as bad as DA.

Yep. We'd still be 2-2 and Matt would be getting torn to shreds by most around here.

I'm not a believer in Max Hall long term. QB is going to be THE priority next offseason. Whenever that is.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yep. We'd still be 2-2 and Matt would be getting torn to shreds by most around here.

I'm not a believer in Max Hall long term. QB is going to be THE priority next offseason. Whenever that is.

Maybe but I just don't think we'd all be so up in arms if the scores had been more reasonable. 24-17 or 28-20 or whatever. 41-7 and 41-10 would get any fans of any NFL team extremely angry. I'd hate to see what would happen if Philly lost 3 games in a 5 game stretch 45-14, 41-7 and 41-10.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I do actually prefer constipation over diarrhea, so there is a difference in crap. DA is messy, smelly, all-over the place diarrhea. And we chose that over constipation which is painful, but not messy. It is what it is, completely unfortunate situation all around.
Careful what you ask for... I know someone who had constipation for 16 days and had to be taken to emergency where poop as hard as rock had to be pulled out by doctor... :)

OmeneX

\m/___\m/
Reaction score
Matt wouldn't have sucked this bad. He wouldn't have been the worst rated QB in the league. Maybe 4th worst, but not very worst.

I do actually prefer constipation over diarrhea, so there is a difference in crap. DA is messy, smelly, all-over the place diarrhea. And we chose that over constipation which is painful, but not messy.

Haha! What an *anal-ogy* What it is to laugh. Good one Donald.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe but I just don't think we'd all be so up in arms if the scores had been more reasonable. 24-17 or 28-20 or whatever. 41-7 and 41-10 would get any fans of any NFL team extremely angry. I'd hate to see what would happen if Philly lost 3 games in a 5 game stretch 45-14, 41-7 and 41-10.

The national media would be all over it. You ever notice how the Eagles QB problem gets talked to death while I never see the Cards ever get mentioned. I think it is because the national media recogizes the Cardinals play by their own rules with a completely different objective than the rest of the NFL. So the national media doesnt waste its time on the Cardinals. 08 being the exception where they had to talk about them.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The national media would be all over it. You ever notice how the Eagles QB problem gets talked to death while I never see the Cards ever get mentioned. I think it is because the national media recogizes the Cardinals play by their own rules with a completely different objective than the rest of the NFL. So the national media doesnt waste its time on the Cardinals. 08 being the exception where they had to talk about them.
What? National media talked about Leinart this year didn't they? Michael Vick interests WAY more people than DA and Max Hall, so national media covers it. If a marquee player was involved, media would be interested.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
What? National media talked about Leinart this year didn't they? Michael Vick interests WAY more people than DA and Max Hall, so national media covers it. If a marquee player was involved, media would be interested.

True, the Leinart issue was covered. That was before the Cardinals proved to the media by its play this season that the Cardinals had botched the most important position just like they botched everything in the old days and had returned to irrelevence of pre 08. The last couple years they were relevent but no more.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, the Leinart issue was covered. That was before the Cardinals proved to the media by its play this season that the Cardinals had botched the most important position just like they botched everything in the old days and had returned to irrelevence of pre 08. The last couple years they were relevent but no more.
True.