Beanies Comments

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lets not over react to this. It wouldn't be the first time nashman or azsouthendzone stated something out of context or made it sound worse than it actually was.

You mean like saying one of our NTs would be heaving after 1-2 plays?

:p

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly think we miss him now. If you told me that CC would be this bad 4 games into 2010, I would have told you to resign him instead of letting him go to Houston

CC is definitely not playing well yet. He does have twice as many tackles as Antonio Smith, but Smith has more sacks and I've really only seen CC play well in one of the games, made an impact, including a blocked kick that turned out pretty big for us.

They play a 4-3 not a 3-4 so it's not clear to me there's any point in comparing the 2, their jobs are different because the schemes are.

I wish we had both.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
CC is definitely not playing well yet. He does have twice as many tackles as Antonio Smith, but Smith has more sacks and I've really only seen CC play well in one of the games, made an impact, including a blocked kick that turned out pretty big for us.

They play a 4-3 not a 3-4 so it's not clear to me there's any point in comparing the 2, their jobs are different because the schemes are.

I wish we had both.

Russ, watch the line play a little more closely. Dockett and Campbell are not being put into position to succeed. They are paired with two small 30+ year old OLBs and Robinson and backed up by a 30+ year old Paris Lenon and the featherweight defensive rookie of the year.

Opposing OCs see this and game plan to take out the only real defensive weapons the Cards have. Dockett and Campbell. Its like having Albert Pujols with a .235 hitter batting behind him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ, watch the line play a little more closely. Dockett and Campbell are not being put into position to succeed. They are paired with two small 30+ year old OLBs and Robinson and backed up by a 30+ year old Paris Lenon and the featherweight defensive rookie of the year.

Opposing OCs see this and game plan to take out the only real defensive weapons the Cards have. Dockett and Campbell. Its like having Albert Pujols with a .235 hitter batting behind him.

I agree with you, that' why I said one is in a 3-4 the other in a 4-3 and we can't really compare them. Campbell and Dockett are both limited by the scheme right now, I don't think Smith would look good either playing in the role CC is playing.

I still like Campbell quite a bit but he is right now not being used correctly and thus is not playing very well.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lets not over react to this. It wouldn't be the first time nashman or azsouthendzone stated something out of context or made it sound worse than it actually was.

Anyone have a audio clip from the radio station or a quoted FULL version of the interview?

LMFAO. Speaking of exaggeration, I love your signature. The personal attacks just never end with you. Amazing how you get a free pass on this board. Anyone who has heard the clip knows that it wasn't taken out of context. It has been all over KTAR and Xtra 910 today, but you only see what you want to see. You are the #1 kool-aid drinker, and that is ok, but some people actually like to look for the causes of problems and how to solve them, and sometimes it isn't pleasant. But keep up with the personal attacks. Without them you would never have hit your post level that you are so proud of.

I get it that you love Whisenhunt and you just want to look the other way, but how you really expect everyone to be happy with the state of the team after going 10-6 last year is beyond me. If anyone questions ANY move that has been made, does it have to be met with personal attacks? Give it a rest already.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
LOL so true.

Posters like Nashman ruin this board for me sometimes,esp when its not the good ship lollipop and things are tough.

Just so aggressive and incessant.

Let me give you posters a heads up - NO ONE GIVES A F+++ THAT YOU ENDED UP BEING RIGHT ABOUT ANY SUBJECT OR OPINION, EVER. YOU WILL NOT - REPEAT WILL NOT - BE GETTING A COOKIE OR A FIRM HANDSHAKE.

SO quit being clowns and jumping up and down everytime one of your opinions gets proven on any given Sunday.

This is the NFL, and things change from week to week so even if you a) thought Wiz is stupid and b) the Cardinals get blown out doesn't = you a genius.

And even if something you thought was proven to be true, jesus act like you've been there before.

Amen. Smartest thing you've ever posted. :D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree with you, that' why I said one is in a 3-4 the other in a 4-3 and we can't really compare them. Campbell and Dockett are both limited by the scheme right now, I don't think Smith would look good either playing in the role CC is playing.

I still like Campbell quite a bit but he is right now not being used correctly and thus is not playing very well.

Think how good either Campbell or Dockett would look as a DE in a 4-3 with Super Mario on the other side of the line.

But I still disagree that Campbell is not playing very well for the very reasons you state. He is imo doing a very good job given the situation he is in.

Another problem with the scheme is that it is limiting Porter's effectiveness. He is not a 4-3 DE. Yet the Cards continue to line him up like one.

Question for anyone who saw Porter in Pittsburgh or Miami. Did they have him line up in a 3 point stance right over the Offensive Tackle 50-70% of the time?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Did they have him line up in a 3 point stance right over the Offensive Tackle 50-70% of the time?

Thats been the question I've been asking for a few years now. We don't play our 3-4 like "real 3-4" teams. But oh well, I guess we will just bring in another former Stealer castoff to plug into our BS version next year!!!

Hey Wiz...keep more than 3 OLB's & a gimp to run our defense next year.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'll stick to my claim from yesterday that Beanie is getting "Leinart-ed" by coach until proven otherwise. I seem to recall a couple of qoutes from Whis about "seeing how he would react" in regard to Beanie, just like Leinart.

Beanie is going to wind up the next Garrison Hearst/Thomas Jones at this point.

This is hitting the nail on the head!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thats been the question I've been asking for a few years now. We don't play our 3-4 like "real 3-4" teams. But oh well, I guess we will just bring in another former Stealer castoff to plug into our BS version next year!!!

Hey Wiz...keep more than 3 OLB's & a gimp to run our defense next year.

Yeah it is more like a 5-2-4 with a 4-2-5 in passing situations. By the way has anyone ever seen a 3-4 team have their SILB 7 yards off the los on 2nd and goal from the 2? Just wondering what was up with that?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think it will come out later that CC is playing injured. I watched him very close at Atlanta and he is very gimpy on the right side of his body. I don't have anything to back it up, but just keep an eye on him.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't Wells out with knee surgery. He isn't 100%? is he?

If healthy, he should play more if he doesn't fumble.

Hightower had big runs in 4 or the last 5 games. That is why he is playing.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wasn't Wells out with knee surgery. He isn't 100%? is he?

If healthy, he should play more if he doesn't fumble.

Hightower had big runs in 4 or the last 5 games. That is why he is playing.

TH is playing because he is a very good pass blocker and the Cards are a pass first run second football team.

Buckybird

Reaction score
TH is playing because he is a very good pass blocker and the Cards are a pass first run second football team.

no, pass 70% of the time.

Doesn't that just piss you off considering the Oline, Rb's & injuries we have at WR. The HC isn't going with his strengths offensively (if we have any). :bang:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I'd be pissed too if I were Wells. He's better than TH, no question about it. Just like Leinart was better than DA. Just like Williams or Watson is better than Robinson. Just like Hadnot is better than Sack Machine. Or that Cody Freaking Brown is probably better than Porter. The "best player plays" bit is a total freaking sham at this point, and we're the worst team in our division because of it. No joke, we are the bottom feeders of a crap division. This is nuts.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd be pissed too if I were Wells. He's better than TH, no question about it. Just like Leinart was better than DA. Just like Williams or Watson is better than Robinson. Just like Hadnot is better than Sack Machine. Or that Cody Freaking Brown is probably better than Porter. The "best player plays" bit is a total freaking sham at this point, and we're the worst team in our division because of it. No joke, we are the bottom feeders of a crap division. This is nuts.

It's like the Cards are a Boy Scout troop instead of an NFL Football team.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane your man love for THT has been spoken here before. Hey, I like Timmie & what he brings to the plate but the HC is just being stubborn. IMO Beanie can take our running game to another level & thats only if the HC decides he actually wants to run the rock like he professes he wants to.

"IMO" is the key in that statement.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMFAO. Speaking of exaggeration, I love your signature. The personal attacks just never end with you. Amazing how you get a free pass on this board. Anyone who has heard the clip knows that it wasn't taken out of context. It has been all over KTAR and Xtra 910 today, but you only see what you want to see. You are the #1 kool-aid drinker, and that is ok, but some people actually like to look for the causes of problems and how to solve them, and sometimes it isn't pleasant. But keep up with the personal attacks. Without them you would never have hit your post level that you are so proud of.

I get it that you love Whisenhunt and you just want to look the other way, but how you really expect everyone to be happy with the state of the team after going 10-6 last year is beyond me. If anyone questions ANY move that has been made, does it have to be met with personal attacks? Give it a rest already.

I'm far from a koolaider. What was so personal about what I said?

Buckybird

Reaction score
"IMO" is the key in that statement.

If Wells ever gets his chance to take over the reigns you will see Shane.

Btw didnt you state that Beanie is the one with the chance to be elite, not THT? Why wouldn't you want to potentially see that?