Beanie Wells - officially over?

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
Beanie Wells - unofficially over!

So, Cleveland trades Trent Richardson to the Indy and have only 2 scrub RBs on their roster at the moment. Beanie Wells, the hometown would seem like a logical addition for them. Rather than bringing in the Bean, who is in his prime years, they workout 32 year old RB Willis McGahee for a workout and seem to be set to sign him.

I wonder why we didn't run him 32 times a game? Lol.

Beanie Wells, it's officially over buddy.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Misleading title, figured he announced retirement or something

Just becaus ehes from there and they didnt work him out doesnt say much. He didnt pass a physical in pitt so maybe hes not ready yet medically.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Sounds like you're taking joy in running down a guy who went out on the field and played injured to try and help the Cards win games.

You're probably a Ryan Williams fan though because he had a couple nice pre-season runs about 3 years ago, admittedly plays scared, and puts himself on the injury report.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Sounds like you're taking joy in running down a guy who went out on the field and played injured to try and help the Cards win.

Same guy who was auditioning for 31 other teams last year, too, and when you are always hurt, what is the difference in playing hurt. Not to mention that great sacrifice he made from"helping the team win" had nothing to do with money, right?

Yeah, I am bagging on Bustie Wells, what of it?

Sent from my intergalactic transmorgapher

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're taking joy in running down a guy who went out on the field and played injured to try and help the Cards win games.

You're probably a Ryan Williams fan though because he had a couple nice pre-season runs about 3 years ago, admittedly plays scared, and puts himself on the injury report.

When did him being scared prevent him from playing in the regular season? This I miss that? I could have sworn he missed the last two games because he was inactive, not injured.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
When did him being scared prevent him from playing in the regular season? This I miss that? I could have sworn he missed the last two games because he was inactive, not injured.

The only thing Ryan Williams has done of note with the Cardinals is fumble a pitchout that almost cost us the New England game last season. Meanwhile Wells at least had a 1000 yard rushing season, only the 2nd RB to do that since Murrell in 1998.

Doesn't matter though neither one of them is doing anything to help the Cards win this season. Still surprised that Ryan Williams is even on the roster.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Depressing thread, because of everyone is right. Williams compares unfavorably to Wells, because at least Wells did have a 1000 yard season. But then he should have had more. A run-of-the-mill fantasy roster has like 4 thousand-yard backs on it: the Cardinals have had 2 in 15 years.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Depressing thread, because of everyone is right. Williams compares unfavorably to Wells, because at least Wells did have a 1000 yard season. But then he should have had more. A run-of-the-mill fantasy roster has like 4 thousand-yard backs on it: the Cardinals have had 2 in 15 years.

There is hope. We have a young Versatile RB who had 12 fantasy points in limited playing time last week. (ESPN version). Because of the Duckjake jinx I won't mention his name.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1DS

1DS

Registered
Reaction score

Sounds like you are in "Feed the Bean" fan club with Thesmel...

You're probably a fan of Beanie because he was a stud in college and it never transitioned to the NFL because "he was just always injured". He just had a few bad breaks, right? He just wasn't wearing the right cleats when he would stumble and fall and lose footing, right? It looked like the dude was playing on ice.

I'm baging on beanie a bit I suppose, but moreso I'm pointing out to those fans on this site that he was overrated and it's likely over for him.

When the hometown Browns sign a 32 year old RB instead of the hometown hero who is still in his prime years for a RB, what does that tell you?

Can we agree that it's not a good sign for Chris Wells? Perhaps the browns are intentionally tanking the season - they want to go 0-16 amd get the 1st pick in 2014, right? I'm sure fear signing Beanie would be the difference in 3-5 wins and knock them out of contention for the 1st pick.

Yeah...that's gotta be it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are in "Feed the Bean" fan club with Thesmel...

You're probably a fan of Beanie because he was a stud in college and it never transitioned to the NFL because "he was just always injured". He just had a few bad breaks, right? He just wasn't wearing the right cleats when he would stumble and fall and lose footing, right? It looked like the dude was playing on ice.

I'm baging on beanie a bit I suppose, but moreso I'm pointing out to those fans on this site that he was overrated and it's likely over for him.

When the hometown Browns sign a 32 year old RB instead of the hometown hero who is still in his prime years for a RB, what does that tell you?

Can we agree that it's not a good sign for Chris Wells? Perhaps the browns are intentionally tanking the season - they want to go 0-16 amd get the 1st pick in 2014, right? I'm sure fear signing Beanie would be the difference in 3-5 wins and knock them out of contention for the 1st pick.

Yeah...that's gotta be it.

again with the hometown quotes - hometowns have nothing to do with anything. Beanie was signing with Pitt and failed his physical. He is likely not ready to play yet. Maybe cleveland called his agent and his agent said beanie cant play until next year. We are not privy to ANY of this and you are just making allegations to smeaqr the guy because you dont like him. Trying to make it look otherwise is just a reach. sorry.

he could be done, sure but hes not yet and until he is there is nothign to discuss. Id take Mcgahee over wells too, didnt surprise me at all.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same guy who was auditioning for 31 other teams last year

I honestly think that had to do with Whis.. Once Whis was bounced he flipped his tune completely.. Unfortunatly for him, his knee didn't.. Dude gave it his all, his body just didn't hold up..

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score

That last sentence is so completely true! Wow. That's a pretty telling sign of just how bad the Cardinals' rushing attack has been for a looooong time.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the wonderful contribution. You are a true gentleman.
Thank you.

Starting a thread taking joy in a guy's career being over because of injury is quite gentlemanly on your part as well.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Thank you.

Starting a thread taking joy in a guy's career being over because of injury is quite gentlemanly on your part as well.

When healthy- Beanie was good enough to win with. He wasn't perfect, seemed a little top heavy in his running style, but also had some good qualities.

He just wasn't healthy. I never got the impression that Beanie dogged it, or was soft, etc. Arguably, he shortened his career by playing through the knee issue in 2011.

OP
OP
1DS

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you.

Lol, that is total assumption on your part.

I started this thread poising out a fact. It brings me no joy whether Beanie is done or of he signs somewhere and makes the pro-bowl.

Frankly, I don't give a rats ass either way. I just like getting you worked up. It's too easy. Lol

OP
OP
1DS

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you.

So, you're finally admitting beanie's career is over. That was easy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard