Battlefield 3

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hated the Battlefield series until Battlefield Bad Company 2 which was hands down the best multiplayer yet IMO. Up to that point I was strictly a COD person.

I abandoned COD because it seemed like with each release map sizes shrank or the design made every close quarters which causes round after round of spray and pray battle. I like some tactics to be involved and love the vehicles.

COD just doesn't do it for me anymore. I will try the new COD when it comes out but this one is on pre-order. I don't have much confidence if the last COD game is any indication.

I felt treyarch made massive maps and infinity ward made the smaller ones. I prefer small maps with tons of action. I dont have enough time in the day to sit in a bush waiting for people to come.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I felt treyarch made massive maps and infinity ward made the smaller ones. I prefer small maps with tons of action. I dont have enough time in the day to sit in a bush waiting for people to come.

One of the great aspects of having a quad, a hummer, a tank, or a chopper to jump into. You don't have to wait or run forever if you don't want to.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is never the case in Battlefield. Ton of action, vehicles to get you to one place quickly and enough ways to engage. My problem with COD is that it doesn't take much skill in close combat to spray and pray.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is never the case in Battlefield. Ton of action, vehicles to get you to one place quickly and enough ways to engage. My problem with COD is that it doesn't take much skill in close combat to spray and pray.

Id drive out and get sniped, i dunno, always hated it. You can say there is no skill in small map COd games but then why is a guy 30-2 and another guy is 8-8 and another is 2-14?

Spray and pray i think of grabbing the gun with the biggest clip and just spraying away until someone dies. I always used 3 shot burst guns and was very accurate, not much praying.,

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id drive out and get sniped, i dunno, always hated it. You can say there is no skill in small map COd games but then why is a guy 30-2 and another guy is 8-8 and another is 2-14?

Spray and pray i think of grabbing the gun with the biggest clip and just spraying away until someone dies. I always used 3 shot burst guns and was very accurate, not much praying.,

That is the exception IMO. Most guys use the gun with the biggest clip and just go at it. I would say out of every 10 players there might be 2 of you that use 3 shot bursts. Also in any FPS you have guys that suck and just are gun fodder for everyone else in the game.

Also, not saying that people that play COD don't have skill because anybody can get good at a game if they play it long enough. However, there is a difference between becoming good at a spray and pray game and that game requiring more tactical play like in Battlefield.

I think it's just a preference thing. I think back when COD was still a WW2 game and to large extent the first Modern Warfare, most of those maps were more open and you had to work together. I was a huge fan of COD up until MW2. From that point on I have preferred Battlefield. I will still buy the new COD at least for the 1st player experience and I will give multiplayer a go like I do with each one. However, if it's anything like that last couple COD's, at least for multiplayer I will be sticking to Battlefield 3.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought every title done by infinityward closely resembled call of duty 2 :shrug:

Call of duty one was battlefield like and i didnt like it at all.

My shooter obsession started with socom 1.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought every title done by infinityward closely resembled call of duty 2 :shrug:

Call of duty one was battlefield like and i didnt like it at all.

My shooter obsession started with socom 1.

Really? The first time COD added tanks It was awesome. I don't recall but I think that was the only vehicle in that game. I just remember the one WW2 map driving up the hills towards the windmill and taking out people hiding in the attics of the building close by. It was awesome.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? The first time COD added tanks It was awesome. I don't recall but I think that was the only vehicle in that game. I just remember the one WW2 map driving up the hills towards the windmill and taking out people hiding in the attics of the building close by. It was awesome.

online or campaign? i dont play campaign...

Online tanks all i remember was world at war and i HATED that game. Bought it, played it a few weeks, lots of bugs and stupid tanks ruining hardcore = no more BRR.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gotta admit to this day my all time favorite COD game was World At War... All the MW have driven me away a bit, kindof sad... This past COD it took me almost a year to get to the last level... I used to be able to get through 2-3 cycles...

I am still a CODer, but this release may be my last, I think I may be giving Battlefield the ol college try now...

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Battlefield 3: Operation Gridiron featuring Larry Fitzgerald, Jared Allen, Clay Matthews and Drew Brees

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
online or campaign? i dont play campaign...

Online tanks all i remember was world at war and i HATED that game. Bought it, played it a few weeks, lots of bugs and stupid tanks ruining hardcore = no more BRR.

No this was before World at War. That was not the first call of duty to have a tank in multiplayer. I think it was one of the Call of Duty (possibly COD2) expansion packs. I never played a call of duty on the XBOX until World at War. Was not impressed. However, that tank was only available on a map or two I remember in multiplayer.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No this was before World at War. That was not the first call of duty to have a tank in multiplayer. I think it was one of the Call of Duty (possibly COD2) expansion packs. I never played a call of duty on the XBOX until World at War. Was not impressed. However, that tank was only available on a map or two I remember in multiplayer.

your right on only a map or two.

the only multiplayer COD i remember having playable vehicles in the past was the original.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Reaction score
Release is Midnight tonight. Not sure if I will hit up Gamestop then or wait until the ride home from work tomorrow. I am usually up anyway so i am thinking about it.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is on it's way right now from Newegg. Too busy to play during the week so I was willing to wait a day to save $15.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Reaction score
I didn't go at midnight. I was up but couldn't justify it. I would have stayed up way to long and been miserable all day today. Getting old and having to be responsible sucks. Looking forward to picking up my copy after work and playing tonight.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Worst possible release date for me. Busy as hell and no time to play this week... Damn it!!!!! Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
kps0001

kps0001

Reaction score
I am not concerned since I only play multiplayer online but the campaign is not getting good reviews.

Saber7

Reaction score
CoD MW MP, imho, is targeted at teenagers with the kill streaks and condensed maps that promote twitch play. If I'm going to play a twitch game, I prefer to do all the killing myself without the help of dogs, helicopters, or remote controlled cars tyvm.

Battlefield is for the more sophisticated gamer, again imho. There are those who play BF games for KD alone, and those players are usually a liability for their team as they care more about themselves than they do about accomplishing team objectives. My experience with BF2 was that if I had one or two friends in my squad and we were co-operating to take flags, we would win almost all the time. The only time we were challenged or lost was when the other team had more than 2 actually playing as a team.

That said, none of my bf2 friends have bought bf3, so I'm trying to find a decent BF3 server / clan or something - preferably AZ. Know of any?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I get the game installed and click on the lauch Icon and ups pops a web interface. Talk about confusing as hell. Took me 15 minutes to figure out how to get into the game.

Saber7

Reaction score
So I get the game installed and click on the lauch Icon and ups pops a web interface. Talk about confusing as hell. Took me 15 minutes to figure out how to get into the game.

I believe you have to have both Origin and the web interface open to get the game to launch, which is lame, but at least you don't have to have a DVD in the disc drive.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Join As Party feature has ever worked for me. Once you get in the game it looks great. I love how you can knock over trees an take down walls/building.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
My vid-card is fried at the moment...I'm punching about 7 fps playing minesweeper!

Once I get a new GPU, I'll be giving this a shot.