AYTON TRADED!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Another valid take is that with Lillard going to Milwaukee and Holiday (likely) ending up with some other contender, we helped facilitate two other rivals improving while it is highly questionable that we improved ourselves.
Radio takes I heard today is that the Suns are now the deepest team 1-15. That depth can help rest the big three during the season, which could make them successful in the post season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least you know what I post. Before today, I have no clue where you stand on anything with respect to the Suns, along with most of us. At least have some value to this board if you're gonna be here and come at me with more ridiculousness

Is this supposed to be a dig of some sort? Why would I care what you think? The only reason I remember your posts is you claimed to have ins with Ayton's camp and he was gone, 2 years ago. So that showed exactly how credible you were. I mean, not exactly a resume to brag about. I'm sure the Blazers fans will welcome you with open arms all the same.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know which is more ridiculous: Your Reddit friend who came up with this analogy, or you who thought any of this was funny and relevant to anything.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a dig of some sort? Why would I care what you think? The only reason I remember your posts is you claimed to have ins with Ayton's camp and he was gone, 2 years ago. So that showed exactly how credible you were. I mean, not exactly a resume to brag about. I'm sure the Blazers fans will welcome you with open arms all the same.

I dont know why you care so much, HH, but you do. Otherwise, you would stop engaging me and throwing out analogies about roller coasters and other insignificant topics.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to think the Suns have added a forward in Nassir Little that can do some of the same things that Mikal Bridges did.

All three of Nurkic, Little and Allen can be rotation players.

The Suns have 17 players on their roster with the new additions. Wainright and Keon Johnson might be the most likely to be traded or waived.

The Suns still have a two-way spot open.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont know why you care so much, HH, but you do. Otherwise, you would stop engaging me and throwing out analogies about roller coasters and other insignificant topics.

Classic. You asked the meaning behind sharing what I did and now I care so much for attempting to clarify it for you? I know you're a Wildcat so I've been typing slow but I think you need to read slow to comprehend it. Of course though, I care and you don't, neither of us has engaged more than the other though. Funny how that works.

Why arent you asking those in Ayton's camp how he feels or does everyone in his camp know not to bother him when he's gaming?

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would be nice to think the Suns have added a forward in Nassir Little that can do some of the same things that Mikal Bridges did.

The Suns have 17 players on their roster with the new additions. Wainright and Keon Johnson might be the most likely to be traded or waived.

I thought we were at 16 with Ish and Keon on the bubble. I thought thats what the guys on the radio said.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought we were at 16 with Ish and Keon on the bubble. I thought thats what the guys on the radio said.

Counting Ish and Goodwin who are not guaranteed, I count 17 players.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Classic. You asked the meaning behind sharing what I did and now I care so much for attempting to clarify it for you? I know you're a Wildcat so I've been typing slow but I think you need to read slow to comprehend it. Of course though, I care and you don't, neither of us has engaged more than the other though. Funny how that works.

Why arent you asking those in Ayton's camp how he feels or does everyone in his camp know not to bother him when he's gaming?

“I’ve been typing slow.”

Think about that statement for a few minutes.

Internet Rule #1: Don’t sound like an idiot if you’re going to bring education smack to the conversation.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Someone is gonna be the odd man out on the wing with the Allen addition. I’m sure Vogel will give Okogie every opportunity to be the guy if he can finally start to make teams pay for leaving him open.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone is gonna be the odd man out on the wing with the Allen addition. I’m sure Vogel will give Okogie every opportunity to be the guy if he can finally start to make teams pay for leaving him open.

It's going to be interesting. Maybe another trade is in the pipeline. I'd even welcome some 2nd round picks.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do you think Booker, KD, and Beal are grinding on 2k in the middle of the day right now or are they in the gym? Ayton prioritizes virtual basketball over real basketball. He's been seen gaming hours before tip off. How focused is he on the game at night when he's got to worry about leveling up and buying swag for his avatar to reflect he was dealt in real life. Would not surprise me if he learned of the trade while loading up 2k. Is that who you want to count on starting for a team with championship aspirations? I don't. I'm glad he's gone, he can be someone else's headache.
Also the fact that he was up on game days until 4-5 in the morning reported by other gamers that would be logged on while DA was playing. Just crazy stuff.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trade is official.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CJ McCollum tweets his opinion.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
2 all game is better than 3 for most of the game.

Most teams with star players lose their lead when the bench comes in. By keeping 2 on the floor at all times the liklihood of that happening is slim. That's by far the biggest advantage of having 3 stars over 2 is IMO. After all there is only one ball - making sure they impact the most minutes possible is best.
Most teams with two star players also tend not to have great depth. We have great depth. At times we’ll only have two of them on the court but we can run 3 of them a TON with legitimate backups.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You think Ayton isn't going to be super motivated against us? My prediction is his best game of the year will be against us.
Yeah but he also tends to press in those situations. I think he’ll want “revenge” but will put up a stinker.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just a fan. I'm glad he's now not on the team. Watching him puke when they needed him to, you know, like help out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so much so that it has me rethinking the deal.
I’m looking at it this way… between normal injuries, and his fair share of complete space cadet games, Ayton probably only showed up for 50 games total for the team. 2/3s of those were solid and 1/3rd of them were tantalizingly awesome. But bottom line is he gave effort 50 games of the season.

Nurkic will probably only play 50 games this season, but play hard in all of them so they’re a wash.

Allen is an upgrade over… everyone else on the bench.

Little has a little upside, but wouldn’t expect much.

AND almost as important as any of the above, you will have buy in from EVERY PLAYER on the team. That part addition by subtraction.

But none of that actually matters if health totally details this team. But that would have been the case with or without Ayton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard