AYTON TRADED!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Agree to disagree on that one. He's always been skilled, but only 1 year of his 5 years did he actually show it, and that was 2 years ago.
Apparently we will have to agree to disagree. He averaged 18 in just his 2nd year when he had more freedom to create on offense. Then we brought in Monty and his offensive role was significantly cut down. He will probably get a lot more freedom with the Blazers and that will likely show in his raw stats.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well, I will probably play some 2k later tonight too. Spending some free time playing video games has nothing to do with your ability to do your job.
It does it you are up laying it at 3:00 a.m. before a playoff game, as was reported.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your point?

Saw someone else nail the point on Reddit. Ayton is a guy who can't wait to get home from Six Flags so he can boot up Rollercoaster Tycoon on his PC. That's all he's ever been and this further proves that point.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… that could easily have been PR. What else do you think Frank was gonna do? Tank the asset they were apparently desperate to get rid of?
I heard him on the interviews. He wanted a chance to coach Ayton because Ayton is the type of center that fits in his system. I think it was genuine. He is a new coach and doesn’t have the pull like like a tier one coach (POP). He had no say IMO.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I believe he is more skilled now than when we drafted him and we also had Booker who we were running the offense through. I very much suspect quite a bit of offense will be run through Ayton in Portland. They are a super young team and he will likely be their #1 option to score.

You can’t run the offense thru Ayton cause he’s too limited offensively. He can’t pass or handle the ball at the level a #1 option does. He’s a good scorer but if he’s not shooting the ball directly after receiving it he just freezes and processes everything too slow. We don’t have to talk about the stretches he goes thru when he can’t even catch the ball in traffic. Pretty sure they’re handing the keys to Scoot right away.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
And what does that have to do with him playing it right now when it is the offseason?
I was relying to this: "Spending some free time playing video games has nothing to do with your ability to do your job." Offseason he can do whatever he wants. But this video game playing apparently affected "his job".

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I heard him on the interviews. He wanted a chance to coach Ayton because Ayton is the type of center that fits in his system. I think it was genuine. He is a new coach and doesn’t have the pull like like a tier one coach (POP). He had no say IMO.
He may not have had the say to veto the trade or anything, but I doubt they didn't at least get his opinion on it. Of course it doesn't prove that he was for it, but it probably does prove that he wasn't exactly vehemently against it either.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Also, Nurk now has Frank Vogel as coach. In Portland, he had Terry Stotts and Chauncey Billups, both of which don't have near the reputation as a defensive guru as Vogel. I'll be interested to see how Nurkic's game changes because of that.

Nurk was a good defender when Stotts was the coach. His defensive decline is physical I think.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did he have a playoff game today?

I asked what was wrong with him being on 2k today in the offseason.

Do you think Booker, KD, and Beal are grinding on 2k in the middle of the day right now or are they in the gym? Ayton prioritizes virtual basketball over real basketball. He's been seen gaming hours before tip off. How focused is he on the game at night when he's got to worry about leveling up and buying swag for his avatar to reflect he was dealt in real life. Would not surprise me if he learned of the trade while loading up 2k. Is that who you want to count on starting for a team with championship aspirations? I don't. I'm glad he's gone, he can be someone else's headache.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He may not have had the say to veto the trade or anything, but I doubt they didn't at least get his opinion on it. Of course it doesn't prove that he was for it, but it probably does prove that he wasn't exactly vehemently against it either.
They had to talk to him out of respect alone.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Do you think Booker, KD, and Beal are grinding on 2k in the middle of the day right now or are they in the gym? Ayton prioritizes virtual basketball over real basketball. He's been seen gaming hours before tip off. How focused is he on the game at night when he's got to worry about leveling up and buying swag for his avatar to reflect he was dealt in real life. Would not surprise me if he learned of the trade while loading up 2k. Is that who you want to count on starting for a team with championship aspirations? I don't. I'm glad he's gone, he can be someone else's headache.
Maybe he has been grinding hard the last few days and today was a rest day. It's not exactly like we know his workout schedule..

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
So Vogel is going to make him faster? He has to play drop coverage because that is all he is capable, if you watched CP3 for the last 3 years with the Suns you should be well aware of what a problem that can be.

Coaching is not the issue.
So Vogel's coaching could've made Ayton better but not Nurkic?

Because as far as I can tell Nurkic's issues are on the court - and Ayton's are from the shoulders up

Is Vogel a shrink or a basketball coach?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Saw someone else nail the point on Reddit. Ayton is a guy who can't wait to get home from Six Flags so he can boot up Rollercoaster Tycoon on his PC. That's all he's ever been and this further proves that point.
I dont know which is more ridiculous: Your Reddit friend who came up with this analogy, or you who thought any of this was funny and relevant to anything.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So Vogel is going to make him faster? He has to play drop coverage because that is all he is capable, if you watched CP3 for the last 3 years with the Suns you should be well aware of what a problem that can be.

Coaching is not the issue.
Jesus, faster? Really? That's what you got from that? SMH

TJ

Reaction score
One thing I'm not gonna miss about Ayton is the barrage of ridiculous commentary about him from the peanut gallery.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont know which is more ridiculous: Your Reddit friend who came up with this analogy, or you who thought any of this was funny and relevant to anything.

Sorry that Ayton never became what you thought he'd be. At least us Suns fans will be spared from you trying to pretend you had inside sources and knew what was happening with Ayton.

TJ

Reaction score
Do you think Booker, KD, and Beal are grinding on 2k in the middle of the day right now or are they in the gym?
Booker has been posting Insta reels from photo shoots for his shoes all day. You're way out of your lane.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
When we played Nurkic, he always seemed to grab a lot of offensive rebounds at key moments for Portland. Then again, he was playing against Ayton.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Booker has been posting Insta reels from photo shoots for his shoes all day. You're way out of your lane.
Did I miss Book getting traded today?

I get what you are saying....

Reactions: TJ

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Another valid take is that with Lillard going to Milwaukee and Holiday (likely) ending up with some other contender, we helped facilitate two other rivals improving while it is highly questionable that we improved ourselves.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry that Ayton never became what you thought he'd be. At least us Suns fans will be spared from you trying to pretend you had inside sources and knew what was happening with Ayton.
U of A/Suns fans are in shambles tonight.

Cut em some slack. lol

TJ

Reaction score
At least you know what I post. Before today, I have no clue where you stand on anything with respect to the Suns, along with most of us. At least have some value to this board if you're gonna be here and come at me with more ridiculousness

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort