ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Little is basically Okogie with a jump shot. Allen is a dirty player but I think he’ll be perfect in his role here. We will definitely be hated. Wow.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Blazers and Phoenix getting pennies on the dollar.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So… we added a constantly injured lumbering big man, a poor man’s Danny Ainge and filler… for Ayton.

The guys just have to hate him. There’s no other explanation for this trade and the team believes this is an addition by subtraction situation.

Allen/Gordon running the second unit should give them some Pop at least.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
It does seem terrible at first glance. But if nurkic can stay healthy (big if) this team should be improved. We have enough star power we needed some more depth and guys who will do the dirty work as opposed to inconsistent Ayton. It’s fun to think of getting back jrue holiday or OG and making an all star team…but reality is aytons trade value sucked and this could be for the best. And we can always make a move at the deadline or earlier if needed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Uh... what?

I HATE that we gave up Toumani. HATE it. But I imagine Keon Johnson will be waived. Grayson Allen, uh, I'm not sure about this. On one hand it's nice to get an enforcer, but ugh. I wonder if there is more to this, because this would be the first truly bad deal of Ishbia's short tenure.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Nurkic averages 46 games a year, and isn't getting younger. Our depth at the 5 is terrifying. Little and Allen aren't any better than our FA acquisitions.

They sold at his absolute low point, without even giving him a chance with a new coach.

Just incredibly stupid and short sighted. I hate it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nurkic averages 46 games a year, and isn't getting younger. Our depth at the 5 is terrifying. Little and Allen aren't any better than our FA acquisitions.

They sold at his absolute low point, without even giving him a chance with a new coach.

I have to wonder about context. Was Nurkic's durability a product of whatever offense was being run in Portland, or was it something else? On the Suns, he won't have to do nearly as much offensively, that's for sure. Don't know if that will improve his durability or what...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We didn't even get picks back.

Nassir Little is a marginal NBA player
Nurkic is injury prone and a terrible defender
Grayson Allen is a dirty role player
Keon Johnson will be waived

That is freaking terrible.
Little got a lot of minutes in Portland with pretty average, if not below average, numbers. Wonder why he got time in the first place if he couldn't produce?

A lot of questions right now because on the surface this does not look like a good deal for us. And even if KD and Book hated DA, I want to believe we could have gotten something better than that for him.

EDIT: but hey, in Bizarro world, the Blazers stretch and waive Jrue and then we pick him up for the minimum. We can dream right?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I have to wonder about context. Was Nurkic's durability a product of whatever offense was being run in Portland, or was it something else? On the Suns, he won't have to do nearly as much offensively, that's for sure. Don't know if that will improve his durability or what...
I think you're overthinking this - 7 footers that weigh around 300 pounds are constantly injured. He's turning 30 as well - that doesn't seem to help with 7 footers and longevity.

The rest of the return is an absolute mystery as well. I like all of our additions in FA much more than Allen/Little. This trade just blows my mind.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If we don’t win the Natty, you can point to this trade as the sole reason why. This is how bad it is

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think you're overthinking this - 7 footers that weigh around 300 pounds are constantly injured. He's turning 30 as well - that doesn't seem to help with 7 footers and longevity.

The rest of the return is an absolute mystery as well. I like all of our additions in FA much more than Allen/Little. This trade just blows my mind.
I'M overthinking it? We literally just traded for him and I'm trying to find a silver lining. If you don't agree, then just say so. Don't make me out to be an idiot.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

100% agree