AYTON TRADED!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I guess we'll (or rather, Blazers fans will) see if he continues to sustain that. He's certainly saying the right things there. Who knows, maybe some maturity will break through the clouds for him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Ah, yes… one of two 10 game stretches he has every season where the team’s fans believe he’s finally realized his potential and will be this guy moving forward… only to get Charlie Brown’d with the football.

Last edited:

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
The faster Portland realizes he’s a bum and moves him, the faster they can start to build something solid for the future.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at Ayton's stats, he has not played in 16 games this season.

In his most recent outing against the Timberwolves he had 2 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 6 personal fouls.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season, per Basketball Reference, Ayton has averaged 13.8 points, 10.4 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1.1 steals. .8 blocks and 2.3 personal fouls.

These stats are from ESPN.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I should include the stats of Nurkic as well.

Jusuf Nurkic is averaging 11.8 points, 10.2 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 1 steals, 1 blocks and 3.4 personal fouls.

He has only missed 3 games.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Both of those are solid stay lines that will keep you in the league for a long time with healthy paychecks

The 10 have run by Ayton would be very credible and put him in that level below the top tier/elite/MVP candidate types - like a less physical Sabonis - that is his high water mark. It could be higher with his attributes, but never will be. The absolute best you could expect out of him would to grow into a Sabonis - a very credible and good player, but not one that any team is committing $35/yr to

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Jusuf Nurkic is averaging 11.8 points, 10.2 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 1 steals, 1 blocks and 3.4 personal fouls.

Now add Graysons numbers to Nurks and we made out like bandits.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Add in FTM, Blocks and Assists. Very cost effective having Nurkic.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Def glad suns have nurik over ayron i like suns odds vs eastern bigs with addition of roddy and young that makes 1 ayton alone lol.

I do wish ayton best of luck some fun suns moments alleyayton monster

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

That three assists per game is misleading. Nurk has had a few games he had to sit due to foul trouble. He has had a few games at 7 assists or so that I can think of off the top of my head. His being a connector and bully balling his way to the free throw line is just what we need on the Suns. what is also missing from those stat lines is turn overs. We all know how many times Ayton gets stripped of the ball bringing it down low.

This is not part of the Nurk/Ayton discussion, but Bol Bol is text book on keeping the ball high up when the ball is lobbed up to him on an entry pass. That's the one thing I wish ALL centers watched.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That three assists per game is misleading. Nurk has had a few games he had to sit due to foul trouble. He has had a few games at 7 assists or so that I can think of off the top of my head. His being a connector and bully balling his way to the free throw line is just what we need on the Suns. what is also missing from those stat lines is turn overs. We all know how many times Ayton gets stripped of the ball bringing it down low.

This is not part of the Nurk/Ayton discussion, but Bol Bol is text book on keeping the ball high up when the ball is lobbed up to him on an entry pass. That's the one thing I wish ALL centers watched.

Ayton averages 1.7 turnovers this season, while Nurkic averages 2.1.

IMO, the better argument is Nurkic looks to pass more.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. Nurk is a better fit for this team all around. His passing is better. His defensive presence is much more physical. He does not frustrate his teammates like DA. I did not expect that.
You had me until his defensive presence. Is he more willing to bang bodies? OK but he is not a paint deterrent. I don't think anybody is intimidated by Nurk and our paint is a sift for the most part. Last year with Ayton we finished Top 10 but at one point were Top 5 in paint defense. We have not sniffed that this year with Nurk and are ranked #18. I do think overall Nurk is a better fit for the team offensively, chemistry and attitude wise for sure. So glad Ayton isn't here even though according to him he has nothing to prove in this league.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

It also fails to recognize bball iq and on court nuanced play. Nurk is a very heady player in little notice ways. Watch when any of our players drives the lane, you can usually see Nurk walking off his defender or lead blocking. Ayton just didn’t possess the ball iq to do those small things that lead to winning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton averages 1.7 turnovers this season, while Nurkic averages 2.1.

IMO, the better argument is Nurkic looks to pass more.
The reason those stats are misleading is because I believe it’s almost always the passer that gets credited with the turnover, not the intended recipient of the pass. All those passes that clang off Ayton’s hands don’t get counted for him, but we all know from all our viewing that they were largely Ayton’s fault. Add in the fact that we play through Nurk a lot more than any team played(s) through Ayton and of course it’s going to higher for Nurk. In fact, the fact it’s only 0.4 more is a testament to how good Nurk is and how bad Ayton is imo.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You had me until his defensive presence. Is he more willing to bang bodies? OK but he is not a paint deterrent. I don't think anybody is intimidated by Nurk and our paint is a sift for the most part. Last year with Ayton we finished Top 10 but at one point were Top 5 in paint defense. We have not sniffed that this year with Nurk and are ranked #18. I do think overall Nurk is a better fit for the team offensively, chemistry and attitude wise for sure. So glad Ayton isn't here even though according to him he has nothing to prove in this league.
I said his defensive presence is much more physical. Exact words. I don't even think that is disputable. Ayton has never been a physical defender.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said his defensive presence is much more physical. Exact words. I don't even think that is disputable. Ayton has never been a physical defender.
Fair enough but it's still not effective.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard