MCU: Avengers: Infinity War

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dang you beat me too it! DC is falling so far behind it seems. Not that they won't have their own legion watching, but this is like a home-run derby for Marvel right now.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russo Brothers Rumored To Direct Avengers: Infinity War

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/14/russo-brothers-rumored-to-direct-avengers-infinity-war/

Rumors are mounting that The Russo Brothers will take over the Avengers franchise in a big way after 2016's Captain America: Civil War.

This isn't the first time that the Russo Brothers have been rumored to direct the ultimate Avengers film. After delivering with Captain America: Winter Soldier this year, The Russo’s have reportedly earned Marvel’s complete trust. Their second Marvel outing, Civil War, is a mini-Avengers film in and of itself, showing that Marvel is comfortable giving them a high stakes film. Infinity War would be the next logical step. Joss Whedon, who directed The Avengers and next year's Avengers: Age of Ultron, is not expected to return for another installment. Once his departure is confirmed by Marvel, it’s likely that all eyes will turn to the Brothers.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's official:

Captain America: Winter Soldier directors to replace Joss Whedon on future Avengers films

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/24/82...r-soldier-directors-to-replace-joss-whedon-on

Marvel Entertainment has passed the torch left by Joss Whedon to Joe and Anthony Russo, directors of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The Russos will direct the sequels to Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2, which will be filmed concurrently and are slated for release in the first weekend of May in 2018 and 2019.

The choice of the Russos is not particularly surprising, as The Winter Soldier has been one of the most critically well regarded films in Marvel's lineup, and the Russos are already set for directorial duties on Captain America: Civil War, a movie with so many confirmed Marvel character appearances in it it may as well be a small Avengers movie anyway.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
67 Characters So Far For The Avengers: Infinity War

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/67-characters-so-far-avengers-infinity-war

Woah!

The Avengers: Infinity War movies look to be a Marvel fan's dream come true!

According to Joe and Anthony Russo, the directors behind the Infinity War films, the movies may feature at least 67 Marvel characters.

At Wizard World New Orleans, Joe Russo offered the following:

"We have so many characters we're dealing with. We're breaking ground on Avengers: Infinity War. We have a board with 67 characters on it."

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I am more excited about Civil War.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
67 Characters So Far For The Avengers: Infinity War

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/67-characters-so-far-avengers-infinity-war

Woah!

The Avengers: Infinity War movies look to be a Marvel fan's dream come true!

According to Joe and Anthony Russo, the directors behind the Infinity War films, the movies may feature at least 67 Marvel characters.

At Wizard World New Orleans, Joe Russo offered the following:

"We have so many characters we're dealing with. We're breaking ground on Avengers: Infinity War. We have a board with 67 characters on it."

All against Thanos.

http://geektyrant.com/news/avengers...to-unite-the-marvel-universe-to-battle-thanos

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's hope it's much better than Ultron.

Dang Stout, you didn't like Ultron? I thought it was pretty good. What did you not like about it?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dang Stout, you didn't like Ultron? I thought it was pretty good. What did you not like about it?

Aside from a bit of cheese in the opening action sequence, I thought the first fifteen minutes to half an hour were amazing. Spot on, and a great followup to the first Avengers. The stuff at Clint's house, the party at Tony's, the stuff between Natasha and Bruce, was amazing. Ultron's voice and attitude were great. Oh, and hulk buster armor too. Unfortunately, large swathes of the movie just fell apart. The twins had powers that more than defeated the Avengers. Action sequences were cheesy and drawn-out, without the same punch as the original had. Thor goes off on some awful, confusing side quest that doesn't even make sense in the director's cut. It had good scenes and sequences, but no cohesion overall. I was very disappointed walking out of the theater.

Then, we learn that the studio and Kevin Feige bossed Joss Whedon horribly in this movie. The Joss who brilliantly brought Marvel front and center. They INSISTED the Thor in the bathtub scene be included, for no apparent reason. Believe it or not, they wanted to cut the whole Clint's house stuff, which are some of the better scenes in the movie. Basically, Feige couldn't help himself, wanted to make it his movie, and ended up crapping the bed.

It wasn't a horrible movie, but it wasn't terribly good either. It certainly wasn't great, like the first one. Not even close.

Edit: Rotten Tomatoes isn't always the best barometer of how good a movie is, but the numbers there reflect my feelings. The Avengers = 92%, an A. Ultron? 74%, a C.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside from a bit of cheese in the opening action sequence, I thought the first fifteen minutes to half an hour were amazing. Spot on, and a great followup to the first Avengers. The stuff at Clint's house, the party at Tony's, the stuff between Natasha and Bruce, was amazing. Ultron's voice and attitude were great. Oh, and hulk buster armor too. Unfortunately, large swathes of the movie just fell apart. The twins had powers that more than defeated the Avengers. Action sequences were cheesy and drawn-out, without the same punch as the original had. Thor goes off on some awful, confusing side quest that doesn't even make sense in the director's cut. It had good scenes and sequences, but no cohesion overall. I was very disappointed walking out of the theater.

Then, we learn that the studio and Kevin Feige bossed Joss Whedon horribly in this movie. The Joss who brilliantly brought Marvel front and center. They INSISTED the Thor in the bathtub scene be included, for no apparent reason. Believe it or not, they wanted to cut the whole Clint's house stuff, which are some of the better scenes in the movie. Basically, Feige couldn't help himself, wanted to make it his movie, and ended up crapping the bed.

It wasn't a horrible movie, but it wasn't terribly good either. It certainly wasn't great, like the first one. Not even close.

Edit: Rotten Tomatoes isn't always the best barometer of how good a movie is, but the numbers there reflect my feelings. The Avengers = 92%, an A. Ultron? 74%, a C.

I was actually sort of surprised by the studio conflict with Joss as well. Especially, since up to that point we were led to believe he had the keys to Marvel and was going to help guide things for the foreseeable future.

It's probably good for him though. He proved he can handle huge blockbusters and IMO has much more freedom to do some of his own projects now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Creed = 94%
The Forest = 13%

Come on already Stout!!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the biggest problem with Ultron was my same problem with Iron Man 2 - there was wayyyyyyy too much going on to set up OTHER movies. The first Avengers and Iron Man were really tight. The other two were just flabby.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Creed = 94%
The Forest = 13%

Come on already Stout!!!!

Seeing The Forest tomorrow :)

the biggest problem with Ultron was my same problem with Iron Man 2 - there was wayyyyyyy too much going on to set up OTHER movies. The first Avengers and Iron Man were really tight. The other two were just flabby.

Yeah, this is another big flaw of Ultron. I didn't have a single bit of problem with it in Iron Man 2, though. I liked IR2 a lot, and thought it was superior to Iron Man 3. It was a fantastic character study, and suffered with the masses due to its lack of Michael Bay explosions!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that Civil War trailer is freaking awesome. That movie looks freaking epic.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that Civil War trailer is freaking awesome. That movie looks freaking epic.

It definitely does but I want a real battle. Not some 5 minute scene, they sing kumbaya to take on a bigger bad. I doubt that happens but I hope they don't short change the fans that are familiar with the Civil War story line. Just get here already.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This doesn't seem like a fair fight seeing as how Cap has Vision on his side but we'll see. There must be something big we don't know about.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This doesn't seem like a fair fight seeing as how Cap has Vision on his side but we'll see. There must be something big we don't know about.

You mean Iron Man? The last photo shows Iron man, Vision, Panther, Black Widow and War Machine versus Cap, Ant-Man, Hawk-Eye, Falcon, Scarlet-Witch and Winter Soldier.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You mean Iron Man? The last photo shows Iron man, Vision, Panther, Black Widow and War Machine versus Cap, Ant-Man, Hawk-Eye, Falcon, Scarlet-Witch and Winter Soldier.

That's correct, Iron Man has Vision. And rumor has it that Iron Man has Spider-Man as well (although I've heard comic rumors that he switches sides at some point and becomes part of Team Cap).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's correct, Iron Man has Vision. And rumor has it that Iron Man has Spider-Man as well (although I've heard comic rumors that he switches sides at some point and becomes part of Team Cap).

The other rumor I read is Spider-man never really chooses a side.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison