ASU VS UCLA

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I've seen this pick a hundred times. I didn't know this guy played QB for UCLA.

from phone

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who dressed these guys tonight? Might be the most hideous uni's in the history of team sports. Seriously.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who dressed these guys tonight? Might be the most hideous uni's in the history of team sports. Seriously.

No kidding

Well, 3 3 at halftime, maybe we can eek out a win with Rosen out now. Brady White not lookin real sharp though

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The defense is playing decently, but our offense is anemic. Brady White keeps trying to throw deep passes into double coverage & UCLA could've picked off a lot of them. They need to get him to look for passes in the 10-15 yd range.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We haven't been running the ball enough either... Richards & Ballage should be trying to run all over these guys with Brady White unable to complete passes.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Finally ASU has a good offensive drive & gets the TD. Had a few strong runs on the drive.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Congrats to Zane Gonzalez!!! All time FBS field goal record holder.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sterling-Cole in, so they won't be able to redshirt him this year as planned. Brady White on crutches.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad they won, but how bad is the D? I am very surprised that they are 5-1 with how bad this defense is. There was always 1 or 2 WRs open all night.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch much of it but it sounds like UCLA is concerned Rosen's season is over after the 2nd injury.

UCLA has almost a John Elway situation where because of Rosen, they couldn't sign or keep other good young QB's they all picked someone else or transferred. The backup Fauful is a former walkon and the 3 backups behind him are all true freshman, Devon Modster(ex UA commit), Matt Lynch and Dymond Lee.

So losing Rosen effectively kills UCLA's offense as they completely changed it to try and fit Rosen and now have an offense that none of the other QB's are ready to play in. We'll see if Mora can do what ASU has done and tweak the offense to work with backup QB's.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Glad they won, but how bad is the D? I am very surprised that they are 5-1 with how bad this defense is. There was always 1 or 2 WRs open all night.
The D is historically bad. They gave up another 400+ yards passing...which is ridiculous. The offense, however, looks much better when Wilkins is in. He's not the best passer, but his running ability really opens up the offense. Not surprising ASU is 5-1...the Pac-12 is beyond pathetic this year.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
-1 yards rushing by UCLA and we actually got pressure on their QB's for a change with a fewsacks. Much improved there, but pass defense--I agree. Didn't help to lose Orr to injury, he's our best DB.

Not a bad result considering we had to finish with our 3rd string raw freshman QB. From what I am reading, Manny and White will both be out next week at Colorado too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
FWIW:

In the past it was the prerogative of the program and or University as to whom; i.e. - the team, the student body, the coach, etc.; would choose the uniforms. It is no longer the case. Currently the uniform combinations are set by Adidas. About the time training camp started the school received a booklet illustrating which uniforms were to be worn for each game this season. It's part of the contract agreement between the school and Adidas.

File under: Money talks. . .