ASU Football 2021!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If true, I don't believe Herm will be the head coach for ASU much longer.

I have heard several tones that Antonio Pierce is really the one running roughshod over the rules and is exerting his power within the program. Another nail in Herm's coffin.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If true, I don't believe Herm will be the head coach for ASU much longer.

I have heard several times that Antonio Pierce is really the one running roughshod over the rules and is exerting his power within the program. Another nail in Herm's coffin.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have a question for the group but I want to make sure that I state that by asking this I am not trying to condone the allegations if they are true.

These allegations have honestly shook my fandom to it's core. My question:

Does anyone believe that ASU is the only school who did these things during the pandemic?[/QUOTE

The only one to be “caught” so far.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question for the group but I want to make sure that I state that by asking this I am not trying to condone the allegations if they are true.

Does anyone believe that ASU is the only school who did these things during the pandemic?

I expect ASU to play by the rules regardless of what other schools are doing.

If Herm Edwards is involved, I will be deeply disappointed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Does anyone believe that ASU is the only school who did these things during the pandemic?
No. But I also believe some schools played by the rules. Not everyone is a cheater. You get caught. You get busted. You act really stupidly, as these allegations and dossier seem to suggest, you’re just an idiot and unfortunately get what you deserve.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I expect ASU to play by the rules regardless of what other schools are doing.

If Herm Edwards is involved, I will be deeply disappointed.
Ultimately if there are rules, yeah I agree. Just because everyone else violates them doesn’t mean it’s cool that you do too. To be frank my moral compass struggles with these things in sports. For instance, I can’t stand that doncic and harden and young jump sideways and backwards into defenders and get fouls. That’s not basketball to me. But I also hate that there are guys on other teams that get that advantage we don’t. I’d rather see a society where everyone has a strong moral compass and plays by the rules.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ultimately if there are rules, yeah I agree. Just because everyone else violates them doesn’t mean it’s cool that you do too. To be frank my moral compass struggles with these things in sports. For instance, I can’t stand that doncic and harden and young jump sideways and backwards into defenders and get fouls. That’s not basketball to me. But I also hate that there are guys on other teams that get that advantage we don’t. I’d rather see a society where everyone has a strong moral compass and plays by the rules.

I wish there were severe penalties to punish those in the program who violate these rules.

Maybe schools who violate rules should be allowed to plea bargain violations (admit guilt) so NCAA investigations don't drag on forever. Of course there would be consequences and penalties.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, I am not condoning the actions if they are true.

I was so excited for the upcoming season. This is now the darkest of dark clouds hanging over the program and the season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need some good news. A four star running back commits to Arizona State.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dark cloud then this happens. Now people automatically will be suspicious.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
We need some good news. A four star running back commits to Arizona State.

Hopefully this is a good sign and things aren't as bad as they could be. I would think that kids like this wouldn't be signing if Herm and the program were about to go down in flames.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a good sign and things aren't as bad as they could be. I would think that kids like this wouldn't be signing if Herm and the program were about to go down in flames.

If there wasn't a report the NCAA is investigating Arizona State football I would feel better. And of course there is the media.

However, I will take any good news I can get and hope for the best.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like Tracy Smith is not happy, https://sports.yahoo.com/arizona-st...test-round-of-ncaa-allegations-194356566.html
The compliance criticism already began from former baseball coach Tracy Smith, an Anderson hire who was dismissed in June just months after his contract was extended through 2023. Smith said in a Facebook post that he’s “upset” at the “disturbing” allegations against ASU football. “We are held to the public standard of winning, even if some of our competitors [and in this case, colleagues] aren’t following the rules,” Smith wrote in the Facebook post.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona State gets commitment from three star defensive lineman from Texas.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

A few years ago, I heard about some shenanigans that Pierce was involved in with kids in SoCal. I also have mutual contacts with Prentice Gill, and I know he’s not a clean cat. The crap he did with Oregon’s playbook is completely unprofessional.

I don’t think Breneman will be the only coach who gets popped.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A few years ago, I heard about some shenanigans that Pierce was involved in with kids in SoCal. I also have mutual contacts with Prentice Gill, and I know he’s not a clean cat. The crap he did with Oregon’s playbook is completely unprofessional.

I don’t think Breneman will be the only coach who gets popped.

Yeah, Arizona Sports has an article about it and mentions other coaches as well.

By Wills Rice Arizona Sports:

247Sports is reporting that other names such as Antonio Pierce, Prentice Gil and Chris Hawkins could be involved in the future of the investigation.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Posted this in the PAC 12 thread. I was hoping to get more conversation.

With OU and Texas exploring a jump to the SEC, the PAC 12 needs to be ready to make a move to scoop up teams.

Assuming OU and Texas leave, the Big 12 will likely collapse. How will the rest of the dominos fall? I haven't taken into account any academic considerations in my thoughts.

WV: natural fit with the ACC.
Kansas and Iowa State: natural fits for the B1G.
K state: They'll be lucky to tag along with Kansas, but could get left out if they can't hitch a ride to the ACC or PAC 12.
Texas Tech, OSU, Baylor, and TCU: I think the Texas schools try stick together with OSU and the PAC 12 makes the most sense as a landing spot, but I don't think the PAC 12 is keen on private religious schools like Baylor and TCU joining. But the PAC 12 may be forced to swallow that pill.

With a PAC 16, you get two pretty clean divisions. The original PAC 8 teams and a South Western division comprised of Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Colorado, Texas Tech, OSU, Baylor, and TCU.

Future expansion within the rapidly growing region could come from UNM, UNLV, Nevada, BYU, Boise State, Colorado State, and SDSU to name a few. But these schools all have differing issues like academics, religion, undesirable TV markets, or uncompetitive football programs.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson