ASU Football 2021!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do rush to punish. Also don't rush to acquit. I say let the process play out. I suspect some changes will be made after this season.

The investigative process is slow and painful. It also runs right through the football season. It taints everything it touches. ASU is already being punished by the fact there is ongoing investigation.

I wish there was a way to keep these types of investigations running in the background. There is generally an assumption of guilt even before the findings are revealed.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know there is an investigation hanging over this season but I am still stoked. I really think this team is in a good place talent wise. I how they get coached up and this investigation is not a distraction.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns Devils opening opponent Southern Utah loses at San Jose State.

By AP via Arizona Sports:

Southern Utah travels to Arizona State on Thursday, as the Sun Devils begin play for the 2021 season. Kick off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. MST.

Starkel, who finished 17-of-28 passing to nine receivers with one interception, also had a rushing touchdown to tie his career high with five total TDs. He finished 6 yards short of his fifth 400-yard passing game and a one TD throw shy of his career best.

The Spartans outgained the Thunderbirds 534-250.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As already noted by AZCB34, Southern Utah faces Arizona State in Tempe on Thursday with a scheduled start time of 7:30 p.m.

It will be televised on the PAC-12 NETWORKS so I guess that means I don't get to see the game. :bang:

At least UNLV at home (ESPN2) and @ Brigham Young (ESPN) will be televised on ESPN September 11th and 18th respectively.

Here is a link to the season schedule:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As already noted by AZCB34, Southern Utah faces Arizona State in Tempe on Thursday with a scheduled start time of 7:30 p.m.

It will be televised on the PAC-12 NETWORKS so I guess that means I don't get to see the game. :bang:

At least UNLV at home (ESPN2) and @ Brigham Young (ESPN) will be televised on ESPN September 11th and 18th respectively.

What is the minimum outcome you will feel good about? This should be a cakewalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the minimum outcome you will feel good about? This should be a cakewalk

It's more about how the team plays than the margin but I would expect at least a 24 point win.

Arizona State's running backs are so good they should be able to accomplish this even without a passing game.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

Grr, I hadn't seen yet that it was on the Pac-12 network. Should have know. I really hope that thing dies with all of the conference stuff going on. Thanks for the heads up though. Now I have a few days to find an alternate source to watch it on.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you have a Samsung Smart TV, you more than likely have the TV+ app which would allow you to watch the game for free.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, you more than likely have the TV+ app which would allow you to watch the game for free.

My Samsung television is smart but not smart enough. It's a bit older. Also I'm getting my television through DirecTV.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have PAC12 Network so I am good. But this illustrates the problem that must be fixed by the conference. PAC fans should be able to see their teams. The conference shouldn't make a bad deal to get it done but sometimes a bad deal is better than no deal

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's more about how the team plays than the margin but I would expect at least a 24 point win.

Arizona State's running backs are so good they should be able to accomplish this even without a passing game.
I was thinking less in terms of score too.

I want to see a team that plays up to their ability and talent and not down to the opponents level.

I want to see efficiency on offense even though this is game 1

I want to see an aggressive mindset on defense

The perpetual question for this program is always the OL. I hope to see nice running lanes and clean pockets.

I don't want to see stupid penalties

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I'll be looking for a stream to watch the game. Once I find a reliable link, I can post it here.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have PAC12 Network so I am good. But this illustrates the problem that must be fixed by the conference. PAC fans should be able to see their teams. The conference shouldn't make a bad deal to get it done but sometimes a bad deal is better than no deal

A lot of Suns fans ran into the same problem when their games were carried on Bally Sports. The games should be readily accessible to fans.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking less in terms of score too.

I want to see a team that plays up to their ability and talent and not down to the opponents level.

I want to see efficiency on offense even though this is game 1

I want to see an aggressive mindset on defense

The perpetual question for this program is always the OL. I hope to see nice running lanes and clean pockets.

I don't want to see stupid penalties

My biggest concern coming into the season is the offensive line.

If they can pass protect and create openings for the running backs their offense should be dominant.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This seems the quietest I’ve ever recalled about the devils heading into season. Weird considering their talent and being ranked. Wonder if it has to do with the looming dread.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This seems the quietest I’ve ever recalled about the devils heading into season. Weird considering their talent and being ranked. Wonder if it has to do with the looming dread.
After the past couple months, the fact it is quiet seems promising for what we will see on the field?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it has something to do with. It's living with the fear of it all being snatched away.

There was a limited season last year because of COVID and the NCAA investigation is looming this season. It would be nice to forget about it for awhile and enjoy football.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose