Assuming it is down to the final three (Poll)

Who do you want the Cardinals to hire?

• Mike Kafka

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Brian Flores

Votes: 38 36.9%

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gee… maybe that’s because Evero is actually a GOOD defensive coordinator as opposed to VJ, who’s defenses have sucked the majority of his time with the Cardinals.

These hot takes trying to catch other board members in gotcha moments just keep failing miserably.

Just like your excuses why the Cardinals weren’t bringing Flores for a second interview because they knew him so well from 2018.

I don't want Vance. I don't want him to stay. I don't like his style.

But his defenses were 6th by DVOA in 2021 and 10th by DVOA in 2020. He's not been all bad.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Exactly...same could be with Vance, right? I mean, WE (fans) don't want to retain him in any capacity, but to say the Cardinals are holding him hostage or should let him out of his contract, before a new coach gets to talk to him is silly, IMO. We also haven't heard a peep that he wants to leave...I'm sure if there was any animosity, we'd hear something leaked, right? If I've missed it, let me know, but I haven't seen anything.
I have not read/heard anything about VJ having animosity towards the team either. Could another team add "Assistant Head Coach" to the title and be able to sign him? Don't know, just wondering.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want Vance. I don't want him to stay. I don't like his style.

But his defenses were 6th by DVOA in 2021 and 10th by DVOA in 2020. He's not been all bad.

Over 4 years, his defense’s Average rank in PPG was 21 and his Average rank in YPG was 20. That’s a BAD record for the life of his tenure here.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I have not read/heard anything about VJ having animosity towards the team either. Could another team add "Assistant Head Coach" to the title and be able to sign him? Don't know, just wondering.
Yeah, that's what I've been wondering Haven't really seen teams requesting to speak to him for other positions, like we have seen with Flores and Evero. I think Quebec??? maybe mentioned a tweet from the Niners, but I haven't seen it or anything else.

Do we know the status of remaining coordinators and coaches in Houston, Indy and Carolina? I haven't kept up. I do recall when BA was hired, they did the same exact thing with Ray Horton, who was under HC consideration, like Vance. BA came in, met with Ray and then let him walk, or showed him the door.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Over 4 years, his defense’s Average rank in PPG was 21 and his Average rank in YPG was 20. That’s a BAD record for the life of his tenure here.

In his three seasons as HC, Flores's defense averaged 21st in the league in yards allowed and 18th in points allowed.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In his three seasons as HC, Flores's defense averaged 21st in the league in yards allowed and 18th in points allowed.

So to be fair in his first season the Miami defense was ranked dead last (#32) in point allowed.

The following season (2020). The Miami defense ranked 6th in points allowed. That's quite a turnaround once he started to fill some holes with his players.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So to be fair in his first season the Miami defense was ranked dead last (#32) in point allowed.

The following season (2020). The Miami defense ranked 6th in points allowed. That's quite a turnaround once he started to fill some holes with his players.
but then it fell to 16th in year 3 when the roster should have been exactly what he wanted, especially on the defensive side. I think that is why the average matters over a span of time vs the best year.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I prefer a great D over a great O.

True, both can put you in a better position for the other to take over. But your O can't really score points for your D, while your D can score lots of points for your O.

Also, your D isn't affected (or is it effected?) as much by the weather most of the season. But your O can have many weather related excuses causing them to have trouble scoring. At the same time, the D relishes the extreme weather.

Give me the dominant D any day, include a good special teams with that on the side please. In doing so, I feel KM will be just fine, learning to protect the ball at all costs, while breaking the backs of the other team with his occasional unorthodox plays. He doesn't have to be a 300 yard per game passer, especially if he has a 100 yard rushing game behind him.

So, give me the coach that aligns with this philosophy and I will be good to go.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm going with Lou. Cincinnati fans are having meltdowns on social media over the prospect we might pick him. Granted, that doesn't mean he would be as stellar as HC of course.

Flores I would be ok with as well. However, I think this pick could turn out really well, or an absolute dumpster fire. How he and Kyler get along will be interesting. I realize some here are arguing Kyler wants to be pushed hard(which I think may be wishful thinking) and will respond well to Flores. However, the style used for Tua was completely counterproductive it seems and made the situation worse.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
but then it fell to 16th in year 3 when the roster should have been exactly what he wanted, especially on the defensive side. I think that is why the average matters over a span of time vs the best year.
When an offense sucks ass, is constantly punting and even worse - turning it over (on their own side of the field), it stresses the defense. And lol you should already know this as a long time Cardinals fan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do you really think Brian Flores will get Kyler to not slide short of the sticks, go into the fetal position in the pocket and stand in the pocket and take hits to deliver the ball?

Saying that is like saying Kliff told Kyler to do those things which there is no indication of. Kyler is who he is.
You make it sound like Kyler routinely slid short of the sticks?? If not for Murray using his legs. To get us 1st downs, our offense would have looked even worse under KK. I don’t care who my QB is, I want him to avoid as many hits as is humanly possible. Whether it’s in the pocket, on the sideline, or in the middle of the field. No one went into the fetal position more than Peyton Manning did. He had a decent career.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When an offense sucks ass, is constantly punting and even worse - turning it over (on their own side of the field), it stresses the defense. And lol you should already know this as a long time Cardinals fan
I agreed with a previous post that said if you are having to make excuses for a HC who hasn't even been hired yet, not a great sign.

No one aspect of a football team is not dependent on another. Somehow certain coaches are able to navigate this and others aren't. Flores didn't. Overall point is that Flores did not produce defensive statistics that support this narrative that he is a defensive mastermind.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
With 86 of the precincts reporting, Flores is holding a slim lead of only 3 votes over his opponent Amarumo.

It is reported that Flores, if he should lose, will ask for an immediate re-counting of the votes based on the assumption that Amarumo, being from N.Y., has mob ties that may have influenced the vote count through threats and bribes. Amarumo has denied those claims stating that if Flores doesn't stop spreading those accusations (or if he should win) may find himself going for a swim at Lake Mead in concrete sneakers.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I don’t think Flores was ever going to get the Cards HC job anyway based off the lawsuit & potentially more. Sad because I think he’s a potential long term quality guy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose