Article: Shaq finds his place with the Suns

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Give it time. Now you are seeing the "happy to be in a new enviroment" Shaq. He's motivated!!! WoW! What a novel idea to actually earn your 20 mil a year rather than loaf.

Im sure his hip was miracalously cured in 2 weeks by the vastly superior (to the rest of the leage) suns trainers and he wasnt really tanking it like he also did in LA.

Why is it that if someone has a different opinion, or makes an observation based on history you all pull out the "troll" word and attack the persons integrity?

I guess well see how it plays out.... and hey.... dont worry come crunch time in the playoffs.... cause when the free throws really count... he's promised to make them then. hehehehehehehehe

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Give it time. Now you are seeing the "happy to be in a new enviroment" Shaq. He's motivated!!! WoW! What a novel idea to actually earn your 20 mil a year rather than loaf.

Im sure his hip was miracalously cured in 2 weeks by the vastly superior (to the rest of the leage) suns trainers and he wasnt really tanking it like he also did in LA.

Why is it that if someone has a different opinion, or makes an observation based on history you all pull out the "troll" word and attack the persons integrity?

I guess well see how it plays out.... and hey.... dont worry come crunch time in the playoffs.... cause when the free throws really count... he's promised to make them then. hehehehehehehehe

Because not contributing anything except sarcasm and inconsequential "why do you pick on me?" posts constitute being a troll.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Because not contributing anything except sarcasm and inconsequential "why do you pick on me?" posts constitute being a troll.

I have posted many comments discussing ball here and got insightful replies and/or retorts. I have also expressed some opinions, like with shaq, and been called a troll and some other wonderful names. It seems to me that a lot of suns fans here bash the suns relentlessly yet the second a non suns fan makes the very same comment...out come the personal attacks and troll accusations.

I always enjoyed the bantar between friends who supported different teams. Its what makes being a fan fun. If eveyone agreed with you all the time... that would be boring.

Just my observation, I guess that's human nature.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
My god this is pathetic. I dont know whats worse, ambchang displaying density that rivals solidified hydrogen, or this new All Seeing Eye **** that seems to be obsessed with his eAccent. Its neither funny nor effective.

Take a long look in the mirror you two, and consider spending your time on other mediums.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
My god this is pathetic. I dont know whats worse, ambchang displaying density that rivals solidified hydrogen, or this new All Seeing Eye **** that seems to be obsessed with his eAccent. Its neither funny nor effective.

Take a long look in the mirror you two, and consider spending your time on other mediums.

It may not be funny.... but if they (and ill include myself) are trolls then you cannot claim ineffectivness because they sure got your dander up and solicited comments!

go figure

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score

Well get you better book your annual leave for May then, because it'll be fishing time for you mate.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Well get you better book your annual leave for May then, because it'll be fishing time for you mate.

I like our chances. Well see. Lot up in the air with our team and all the injuries though. Ohhhhh.... but look... starting and backup center out. Starting PF out. 6th man out.... and still in front of YOU!

go figure...

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling that if Kobe hadn't of dogged it (Big fan of Kobe BTW) in that game 7 in 05-06, that your join date on this board would read 2006 and not 2008?

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling that if Kobe hadn't of dogged it (Big fan of Kobe BTW) in that game 7 in 05-06, that your join date on this board would read 2006 and not 2008?

Not sure what my join date has to do with anything? I go to many boards and bantar with opposing fans. I happened upon this one as a link in i believe a cavs board and joined to reply. Nothing more to it than that.

I have to say though. The posters here are by far the most sensitive of all the boards i've visited.

note: As a laker fan though, i can say kobe did dog it and i was upset then. I'll call it like it is at least and not blame the league, commish, and refs for our failures.

Last edited:

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, you all know I'm not a troll, and this quote is not "out of context." From Coro's column:

"He didn't want to be there," Riley said. "He didn't want to play for that kind of situation (at) 35 years old. He wanted to go to a contender and we sent him there. We sent him to Utopia and we're left here with the carnage and I don't know why he's not happy."
O'Neal responded, saying, "I don't give a (expletive) what Riley said because I said something and it wasn't really meant like that. What I meant was that when I was on the court with Quinn and Ricky Davis, the defense would back off. Now that I'm playing with Steve Nash, the defense has to play different.
"I don't give a (expletive) what Riley's disappointed in. Sue me."
Earlier, O'Neal discussed how the Suns' therapy and exercise methods help him.
"This is a digital new age medical staff," O'Neal said. "I'm used to the old guys with their old ways to ice and stim (electronic stimulation). That (expletive) wasn't working for me. When you're dealing with an old guy whose ways were working and he tries something on you and you say it doesn't work, he looks at you, like, "Hey, my (expletive) works. You're faking. We're getting a divorce. Your numbers are going down. You're worried about your legacy and you're faking.' "

One LOOK from the Miami trainer conveyed all the comments in that last quote? Amazing. And why all the venom directed at Riley for his pretty reasonable reaction--other than they butted heads repeatedly before the trade, one case being when Riley pulled Shaq after a defensive screw-up (D'Antoni should start doing that, with everybody). Apparently he forgets that Riley's the one who got him his $100M extension and he should definitely give a (expletive) if Riles is disappointed--about anything.

Sorry, but I still remember Shaq's voiced opinion of Steve's MVP ("tainted") and all the digs and put-downs he threw at LA after that trade, which I'm sure was an ego-bruiser in many ways. Shaq isn't exactly famous for being gracious if he doesn't hold the center stage spotlight, even at this point in his career. Right now he has all the attention here, despite his claims that he'll be happy as a clam in a supporting role. He's saying all the right things and most everyone's impressed (to say the least) but it won't take much of a breeze to blow those rose petals off the road ahead. It's pretty hard to do a complete 180 with your characteristic attitude and personality--not impossible, but very rare. Time will tell, as it always does.

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
People are selfish, what else is new? For us Suns fans, as long as the players' self interests are well aligned with the Suns' and thus our fans', why bother?

Amare wants to be the best NBA player? If accommodating his desire backed up with his own talent and work ethics is also the best interest of the Suns franchise, why not?

Shaq promises to bring Suns a championship and backs it up with his dedication to working on all facets of the game to fit in. So, why bother if it's just for vengence to show up to Riley or his doubters?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what my join date has to do with anything? I go to many boards and bantar with opposing fans. I happened upon this one as a link in i believe a cavs board and joined to reply. Nothing more to it than that.

I have to say though. The posters here are by far the most sensitive of all the boards i've visited.

note: As a laker fan though, i can say kobe did dog it and i was upset then. I'll call it like it is at least and not blame the league, commish, and refs for our failures.
You must be registered for see images

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Oh that's right. You're dat person who only sees things one way with one explanation and is always right. HA! Guess again.

Try making up something else. The if if if was to illustrate dat you always have to try to qualify something when it's proven dat you are being silly. Which is often.

Let us recap, shall we?

All Seeing Eye said:
I think he's saying that in his current position, the professionals are putting him with better players and not asking him to carry the team. Does that hurt your wittle feewings?

ambchang_ said:
If it wasn't preceeded with "I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys", yeah.

I was actually trying to find an excuse for you, but no, that didn't work, because there really isn't any excuse that could explain why you could have misinterpreted the quote in the first place.

De way you defended the indefensible shows how personally you take it.

What is indefensible? You mean how Shaq has largely been known as a prick throughout his career? I never knew you were taking it that personally to begin with.

BTW, I can't follow the logic, you mean the ONLY reason someone would defend the indefensible is because said person is taking it personally? How does that work? Any psycology majors here to back that up?

Calling someone classless based on one out of context quote is a freak out.

I am not here to bad-mouth Shaq, but since you want to go on about history, I will just cite a few examples:

Messy breakup with Orlando, badmouthed Nick Anderson his supposed buddy.
Constant feud with Anfernee Hardaway, to which Hardaway insisted he didn't know why it started.
Bad mouthing David Robinson throughout the early part of his career because the Spurs were the last team Shaq could beat.
Threatened physical violence on Bill Walton after Walton questioned his weight.
Threatened physical violence on Sean Elliott after Elliott questioned O'neal's ability to be the ambassador of the NBA following the Walton incident.
Fake punched Brad Miller after Charles Oakley hard fouled him.
Punched out Alvin Robertson, the peace maker, after getting into a shouting match with Bill Laimbeer.
Constant feuding with Kobe Bryant.
Threw Quinn and Davis under the bus after leaving Miami.
Had another incident with Walton earlier this year, in which he established the big man code (admit it was pretty funny).
Shouted "are you going to pay me now?" to Jerry Buss in an exhibition game after contract negotiations hit a snag.
Questioned Steve Nash's MVP when he was the runner up.
His famous "company time" comment.

Pay attention cuz I think this applies to you directly: Stop professing to know things about which you have no way of knowing.

Such as how classy Shaq has been throughout his career?

Nowhere did I even remotely intimate that Shaq was 50/50 on class. In fact I think I went to lengths to challenge you to the contrary. Either you can't comprehend what is written or your preconceptions won't allow it. (The latter gets my vote).

I listed 14 incidents, just off the top of my head, and those incidents with Kobe and Hardaway could be expanded to dozens more, care to take it on?

Stop right dere. You are jealous of Shaq because no one on your favorite team has a measurable personality.

Good one, personality? I really care about that. Tell me what else I should care about. Tell me how else I should think. Go on.

Not only are you the All Seeing Eye, you seem to take your All Controlling Mind and exert it to everybody else. If you think personality > championships, everybody MUST think so.

No. I'm pulling the curtain back on yer trolling.
The other points you try to make about jealousy are useless. I challenged you on the "is Shaq classy or classless" ting. Why don't you take me up on it?

I took it up, I am waiting for at least 14 incidents of Shaq's classiness on the court.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
I guess since they moved his favorite trolling topic to the smack shack now he is going to infest the next set of topics on the main suns board in his never ending quest to annoy the absolute living **** out of us.

Please like has been said, just put him on ignore and (please) don't quote him because his logic is starting to become an absolute joke, a very very very annoying absolute joke.

You guys are actually trying to talk about logic? I personally don't want this to turn into another Bowen thread, but since you guys insisted, you leave me no choice.

So let me recap:

Bowen is not dirty because he is not trying to intentionally hurt people. He was involved in two injuries in a 10 year career. In contrast, Durant was involved in 1 in this year alone - logic.

Bowen defends the jump shot the same way everybody else defends it (streams of video to prove it) - logic.

Bowen was never suspended and had less fragrant fouls than most other players, thus he can't be more dirty than those players (that was before the CP3 incident) - logic.

To answer claims about Bowen is dirty because he is a skillless hack who does nothing but injure people: He was involved in TWO injuries his entire career, while he was named first All-NBA D team 4 times and 2nd team thrice, he once lead the league in 3pt%, and ranked #9 in another year, he started for 3 championship winning team and played a significant amount of minutes and a huge role on each - logic.

What was your logic (both you and Steeldog)?

You are a troll - opinion, not logic.
Bowen is just dirty, anyone who doesn't think so is a troll/stupid/dense/********/has no logic - opinion, not logic.
Bowen does nothing but injure - logic, proved to be wrong.
Just look at the videos, he slides under the shooter in a standstill motion when his man goes for a jumpshot - lies, as he jumps into his defender.
He kneed Nash in the groin - fact, but this is not the first knee in groin incident in the history of the league, don't see anybody else complaining about it.
He kicked Amare's achilles - he might have glazed the shoe, Stoudemire didn't even know about it until he watched tape.

Back to Shaq, his comments were unnecessary and damaging to Chris Quinn and Ricky Davis. While Davis has developed a reputation as a talented and selfish ballhog, Chris Quinn has worked hard to make it to the NBA, and has done nothing to warrant such venom from one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Curious also why Shaq never mentioned Wade and Haslem.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score

It's OK cobbler, just note that anybody who doesn't see the world exactly like they do are idiots, they think they rule the board, continuously undermining the authority of the mods by saying that "If I was the mod, I would ban you". Well, maybe they will wake up one day and realize that they are actually not mods!

They also have an amazing ability to ignore people by constantly replying and hashing out the same few points, claiming that they understand what was said but responding in a manner that directly contradicts to it.

So far, I have yet to see any of those supposedly non-trolls put out any basketball insight that is worth anything.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score

So how has Shaq displayed class in this incident, pray tell.
I am so dense, I need some help on this matter.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, you all know I'm not a troll, and this quote is not "out of context." From Coro's column:

"He didn't want to be there," Riley said. "He didn't want to play for that kind of situation (at) 35 years old. He wanted to go to a contender and we sent him there. We sent him to Utopia and we're left here with the carnage and I don't know why he's not happy."
O'Neal responded, saying, "I don't give a (expletive) what Riley said because I said something and it wasn't really meant like that. What I meant was that when I was on the court with Quinn and Ricky Davis, the defense would back off. Now that I'm playing with Steve Nash, the defense has to play different.
"I don't give a (expletive) what Riley's disappointed in. Sue me."
Earlier, O'Neal discussed how the Suns' therapy and exercise methods help him.
"This is a digital new age medical staff," O'Neal said. "I'm used to the old guys with their old ways to ice and stim (electronic stimulation). That (expletive) wasn't working for me. When you're dealing with an old guy whose ways were working and he tries something on you and you say it doesn't work, he looks at you, like, "Hey, my (expletive) works. You're faking. We're getting a divorce. Your numbers are going down. You're worried about your legacy and you're faking.' "

One LOOK from the Miami trainer conveyed all the comments in that last quote? Amazing. And why all the venom directed at Riley for his pretty reasonable reaction--other than they butted heads repeatedly before the trade, one case being when Riley pulled Shaq after a defensive screw-up (D'Antoni should start doing that, with everybody). Apparently he forgets that Riley's the one who got him his $100M extension and he should definitely give a (expletive) if Riles is disappointed--about anything.

Sorry, but I still remember Shaq's voiced opinion of Steve's MVP ("tainted") and all the digs and put-downs he threw at LA after that trade, which I'm sure was an ego-bruiser in many ways. Shaq isn't exactly famous for being gracious if he doesn't hold the center stage spotlight, even at this point in his career. Right now he has all the attention here, despite his claims that he'll be happy as a clam in a supporting role. He's saying all the right things and most everyone's impressed (to say the least) but it won't take much of a breeze to blow those rose petals off the road ahead. It's pretty hard to do a complete 180 with your characteristic attitude and personality--not impossible, but very rare. Time will tell, as it always does.

Thanks for clearing this up. Again, I can understand Pat Riley (that guy is no angel), and maybe even Davis. But Quinn? They guy is shooting 39.4% making almost one in 20 minutes! How can people back off of that? It's not deadly, but saying that Quinn is not helping him spread the floor is just not true.

I agree Quinn is not a phenomenal talent, but he worked hard, shot well, and did his part, he shouldn't be thrown under the bus like that.

EDIT: are you sure you are not a troll? You don't seem to think exactly like Steeldog and CaptainInsano.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
It's OK cobbler, just note that anybody who doesn't see the world exactly like they do are idiots, they think they rule the board, continuously undermining the authority of the mods by saying that "If I was the mod, I would ban you". Well, maybe they will wake up one day and realize that they are actually not mods!

They also have an amazing ability to ignore people by constantly replying and hashing out the same few points, claiming that they understand what was said but responding in a manner that directly contradicts to it.

So far, I have yet to see any of those supposedly non-trolls put out any basketball insight that is worth anything.

You dont have to tell me. Heck, i get called names and the infamous "troll" word even when i compliment the team. It's like, It's my team, my forum board, and anybody who doesnt share my tunnel vision opinion has to be somebody out to make trouble so well attack you perssonally cause we obviously cannot converse with logic or basketball knowledge.

I knormally wouldnt be bothered to reply to absurd aqusations but i must admit, i am finding quite a bit of humor in the whole thing. Keeps me amused i guess.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are guys here like abomb, donald, darth that are lakers fans but don't come around spewing crap. They are for the most part responded to well because they don't come in posting crap and acting like punks maybe ambchang and some others could learn by example or just go find a child message board where you may actually be considered smart.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
There are guys here like abomb, donald, darth that are lakers fans but don't come around spewing crap. They are for the most part responded to well because they don't come in posting crap and acting like punks maybe ambchang and some others could learn by example or just go find a child message board where you may actually be considered smart.

Hmm ... let me see, I have responded to namecalling in kind for most of the part. I rarely put out personal insults (try and quote me).

I said Horry is not a goon, Bowen is not dirty, Shaq lacks class in throwing Davis and Quinn under the bus, and Stoudemire is a whiner. I have backed all of these things up with facts, videos, logic and such. Whether you agree with any of that is another matter, but I would hardly call those "crap", especially when the only rebuttal I have had so far are nothing more than personal attacks and baseless opinions.

I also said Shaq is one of the greatest players of all time, Nash is one of the greatest point guards in the game today, the Suns with Shaq would be unstoppable on offense (that was BEFORE most of you guys were on the bandwaggon, still panicking over the trade), I said their defense would suffer (which has proven to be wrong so far).

I have been called a troll, dense, stupid, a loser, and a bunch of other things I don't remember, but I have rarely responded to personal attacks, and I am acting like a punk? Quote me, go on and put up any unprovoked insults that I have said out of my 300+ posts.

To conclude, if anything, I would say each and everyone of you are acting more like trolls throughout my stay, continuing on with things that you can not back up, and resorting to childish namecalling at the end of every single thread.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
In other news, Phoenix Suns fans consider the following mature and acting like a perfect gentleman/lady:

Don't you know? The world revolves around his views. He will argue his point until the cows come home. Even if that means repeating himself a million times over to every member of this board.

No. When Posey was a Heat. You have reading problems?

The thin skin of you is revolting.

Does that hurt your wittle feewings?
There you go. Good boy. Put words in my mouth. Don't be surprised that I spit 'em back.
I guess since they moved his favorite trolling topic to the smack shack now he is going to infest the next set of topics on the main suns board in his never ending quest to annoy the absolute living **** out of us.
Please like has been said, just put him on ignore and (please) don't quote him because his logic is starting to become an absolute joke, a very very very annoying absolute joke.
Typical Troll behavior. By the way he has yet to use Logic. The Troll is now on IGNORE. I didn't think Trolls came that dense.
Oh that's right. You're dat person who only sees things one way with one explanation and is always right. HA! Guess again.
Try making up something else. The if if if was to illustrate dat you always have to try to qualify something when it's proven dat you are being silly. Which is often.

… Either you can't comprehend what is written or your preconceptions won't allow it. (The latter gets my vote).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard