Article: Shaq finds his place with the Suns

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
By Jackie MacMullan Globe Columnist / March 26, 2008

Shaquille O'Neal's memory is excellent.

This is bad news for the doubters and haters who declared the decision of the Phoenix Suns to send Shawn Marion packing and replace him with the 36-year-old Diesel a colossal blunder.

Shaq, who will face the Celtics tonight at the Garden, can tick off the litany of reasons why the pundits declared he was certain to fail: too old, too stubborn, too injury-prone, too immobile, too big, too egotistical.

The early returns were not good. His indoctrination into the Suns' free-flowing, fast-break style was underwhelming. The team struggled to score, Shaq looked uncomfortable in his role, and Phoenix simply could not stop anyone.

The coach, Mike D'Antoni, preached patience, but no one was listening. D'Antoni was drowned out by the thrashing general manager Steve Kerr and Shaq were enduring for messing up one of the elite teams in the West.

"We knew it would take time," D'Antoni explained, "because we had to change the way we played. When we added Tim Thomas [in 2006], we didn't miss a beat. When the Lakers added Pau Gasol, they didn't, either. But when you take a big piece out and put a completely different big piece in, you are going to have a few frustrations.

"We were actually playing well, but we were losing, and we really weren't sure why. We knew it would come. The guys never lost faith. But that doesn't mean there weren't a lot of sleepless nights."

After experimenting with a few different sets, including playing Shaq at the high post, D'Antoni decided to plunk his new big man on the block and leave him there. With O'Neal comfortably settled into the low post and his teammates spreading the floor around him, Phoenix morphed into a better 3-point-shooting team, a more prolific scoring team, and a better rebounding team.

The Suns ripped off seven wins in a row before losing to Detroit in overtime Monday night, holding opponents under 42 percent shooting. As Phoenix veteran Grant Hill duly noted, scoring never has been an issue for the Suns, but stopping teams has. No longer.

Think point guard Steve Nash is happy about the recent developments? During the winning streak, Nash shot 60 percent (48 for 80) from the floor, in part because nobody dares to leave the big man alone under there.

So now the Suns can play two ways: their traditional up-tempo pace, or a halfcourt, pound-it-inside Eastern Conference style.

"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," said O'Neal yesterday. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

:D

Note the swipe at his former employers, the Miami Heat. When Pat Riley engineered the blockbuster trade that brought Shaq to South Beach, O'Neal promised to deliver a championship. He did, but the cost of sticking with an aging roster has left the franchise in a freefall ever since.

The once-blissful marriage between Shaq and Riles ended badly. As their championship core crumbled, so did their relationship. Heat officials believe Shaq quit on them and point to his chronic hip problems that prevented him from playing in Miami but have not stopped him from averaging 29.3 minutes a night with the Suns. Conversely, Shaq believes Riley quit on him and saddled him with the blame for the franchise's implosion.

"I guess when you have a lot of power, you can do what you want," O'Neal said. "Me? If I ever came into that kind of power, I think I'd be willing to admit it if I messed up."

O'Neal's comments were met with silence out of Miami yesterday.

"I know what they said about me," Shaq said. "Grant [Hill] called me up and told me, 'They said you don't want to play no more.'

"Ever since I was a little kid, I've been the scapegoat when things went wrong. When I was in the classroom and somebody threw something at the teacher, she'd turn around and look at me first. She'd give me that look like, 'Shaq, you're a clown, it's got to be you.'

"I understand being the scapegoat comes with being the superstar. When it all goes right, you get the credit. And when it doesn't . . . I guess this is what you get.

"I can accept being the scapegoat when we do things my way and they don't work out. But when you have no control how things are handled, and you are still the scapegoat, I don't go for that."

O'Neal claims he's content with his reduced role in Phoenix and promised his new teammates he didn't need "no touches, no plays, no nothing." He said a conversation with Bill Russell earlier this season convinced him he shouldn't even glance at his statistics.

"He told me every big man in the history of the league saw his numbers go down toward the end of their careers," Shaq said. "I looked it up on the Internet. He was right.

"This team won 50 games last year without a big man. Steve Kerr said, 'We don't need 27 [points] and 10 [rebounds] from you. We need someone to slow up Tim Duncan and put a body on Yao [Ming] and [Andrew] Bynum.' "

Shaq, who is averaging 11.9 points and 10.5 rebounds in 17 games with Phoenix, is a first-ballot Hall of Famer. His legacy is secure, but, he conceded, he's aware of the image he's developed after acrimonious departures from Orlando, Los Angeles, and now Miami.

"I have not left any of the teams on good notes," O'Neal said. "We players have our own little fraternity. We talk about stuff, so I've got to figure the coaches do, too. They are probably saying I'm an [expletive]. So I came to Phoenix prepared to show them what kind of person I am."

This is the first time he's come to the Garden when the Celtics were legitimate contenders. O'Neal anointed Boston "the best team" yesterday.

"I like how unselfish their top three guys are," said Shaq, "and I like that they are having a good time. They also have all these other great pieces, like James Posey.

"I'm telling you, if we don't have him in Miami, we wouldn't have done it. He's willing to take charges, to take the big shots.

"I'm looking forward to [tonight]. I've never played them when they were Boston Boston. Back when they had those teams with Rick Fox and 'Nique [Dominique Wilkins], they were only Sort Of Boston.

"Now it's Boston Boston."

It's too soon to say whether Shaq can make Phoenix the Suns Suns. D'Antoni firmly believes his new roster gives his team a better chance at advancing in the postseason.

The big man on the block concurs.

"I'm not worried about what anyone says," Shaq said. "I've already had my Wonder Years. Now maybe I can bring these fellas a little happiness, too."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basket...008/03/26/shaq_finds_his_place_with_the_suns/

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
This is pretty classless, what has Quinn ever done? He played hard along side Shaq, nailed open jumpers to keep the defense honest, and now Shaq is ripping him?

The Heat won Shaq another championship, absolutely adored him throughout his stay, and didn't even bad mouth him this season when he obviously didn't put any effort in his game. Shaq complained, so the Heat sent him to a contending team, and he is now bad mouthing the guys? He did it with the Magic, did it with the Lakers, and now the Heat, it's a trend.

Reaction score
This is pretty classless, what has Quinn ever done? He played hard along side Shaq, nailed open jumpers to keep the defense honest, and now Shaq is ripping him?

The Heat won Shaq another championship, absolutely adored him throughout his stay, and didn't even bad mouth him this season when he obviously didn't put any effort in his game. Shaq complained, so the Heat sent him to a contending team, and he is now bad mouthing the guys? He did it with the Magic, did it with the Lakers, and now the Heat, it's a trend.

'Ere we go. Moved ya home thread away and now ya gotta troll in de new threads...

:lol:

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
'Ere we go. Moved ya home thread away and now ya gotta troll in de new threads...

:lol:

I would like to know what aspects of the thread do you not agree with. That was classless, if Tim Duncan was bad-mouthing his x-teammates out of nowhere, blaming the team's struggle on them, I would have called him out. Shaq has a history of doing stuff like this, and it's really classless.

Also, as a Spurs fan, there is just some extra hatred for Shaq.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm happy O'Neal is on the Suns and playing well, but I'm not so naive that I would ever confuse him with a class act. I find his off-court persona really ingratiating.

Reaction score
I would like to know what aspects of the thread do you not agree with. That was classless, if Tim Duncan was bad-mouthing his x-teammates out of nowhere, blaming the team's struggle on them, I would have called him out. Shaq has a history of doing stuff like this, and it's really classless.

Also, as a Spurs fan, there is just some extra hatred for Shaq.

I tink I see yer problem. You tend to exaggerate. You tend to see tings in de black an' white. Do you know da word "hyperbole"? De Shaq didn't blame da team struggles on his 'mates. You didn't keep reading to where he praised a former 'mate? That without Posey in Miami, they don't win the title?

Don't you have some turkey-dunker video to start a new thread wit?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tink I see yer problem. You tend to exaggerate. You tend to see tings in de black an' white. Do you know da word "hyperbole"? De Shaq didn't blame da team struggles on his 'mates. You didn't keep reading to where he praised a former 'mate? That without Posey in Miami, they don't win the title?

:biglaugh:

Don't you know? The world revolves around his views. He will argue his point until the cows come home. Even if that means repeating himself a million times over to every member of this board.

Last edited:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Y'all are going to have a field day with my post and opinion. Luckily for you, it might be an hour or 2 before I can read the article in its entirety and say what I want to...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Who are you, Mark Twain? Please drop the silly attempt at dialect.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score

You mean when Posey is now a Celtic? You can't read that as making fun of the Heat FO for letting a valuable member of a championship team go for nothing?

Shaq threw Penny Hardaway under the bus, he did it with Kobe, he did it with Rick Fox, he did it with Jerry Buss, he did it with Riley, he did it with Ricky Davis, and Quinn. What did Quinn ever do? What did Fox ever do?

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Don't you know? The world revolves around his views. He will argue his point until the cows come home. Even if that means repeating himself a million times over to every member of this board.

Hey, look at it, it's the guy who never had anything relevant to say, lecturing people not to do things he is actually doing!

Reaction score
You mean when Posey is now a Celtic? You can't read that as making fun of the Heat FO for letting a valuable member of a championship team go for nothing?

No. When Posey was a Heat. You have reading problems?

Shaq threw Penny Hardaway under the bus, he did it with Kobe, he did it with Rick Fox, he did it with Jerry Buss, he did it with Riley, he did it with Ricky Davis, and Quinn. What did Quinn ever do? What did Fox ever do?

He says a lot of things. Some get reported. He thinks he had to drag some players to a champeenship. Tell me, who was more important than Shaq to the acquisition of said champeenships? Fox? Kolbe? Is Ricky Davis or Quint as good as Nash or Hill or Amare? Isn't that what he's saying? That he's with better players? Well is he?

The thin skin of you is revolting.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
No. When Posey was a Heat. You have reading problems?

Shaq said:
"I like how unselfish their top three guys are," said Shaq, "and I like that they are having a good time. They also have all these other great pieces, like James Posey.

This was made when Posey was a Heat? If I didn't know any better, I thought he was quoted last night before they played the Celtics. But apparently you have much better comprehension skills, so it MUST have been made last year or the year before, when Posey was a Heat, and MUST not have been a poke at the Heat FO.

He says a lot of things. Some get reported. He thinks he had to drag some players to a champeenship. Tell me, who was more important than Shaq to the acquisition of said champeenships? Fox? Kolbe? Is Ricky Davis or Quint as good as Nash or Hill or Amare? Isn't that what he's saying? That he's with better players? Well is he?

The thin skin of you is revolting.

Did he say Nash and Hill were better players? Oh wait, he said

Shaq said:
We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again.

Given that you claim to have such amazing reading skills, I would have thought you could say that Shaq was saying Davis and Quinn were not professionals, that the Heat was not a team. Did he ever say the Nash and Amare were better than Quinn and Davis?

So to answer your question, no, he wasn't saying that.

And your inability to read while thinking you do is revolting.

Reaction score
This was made when Posey was a Heat? If I didn't know any better, I thought he was quoted last night before they played the Celtics. But apparently you have much better comprehension skills, so it MUST have been made last year or the year before, when Posey was a Heat, and MUST not have been a poke at the Heat FO.

Oh I thought you were saying all Shaq ever does is throw all of his ex teammates under the bus. I was a-pointin' out that he praises ex teammates. That Posey quote was classy, no?

Did he say Nash and Hill were better players? Oh wait, he said

I think he's saying that in his current position, the professionals are putting him with better players and not asking him to carry the team. Does that hurt your wittle feewings?

Given that you claim to have such amazing reading skills, I would have thought you could say that Shaq was saying Davis and Quinn were not professionals, that the Heat was not a team. Did he ever say the Nash and Amare were better than Quinn and Davis?

There you go. Good boy. Put words in my mouth. Don't be surprised that I spit 'em back. I can also read it that the front office weren't professionals in that they expected him to carry Quinn and Davis on his back.

You want me to show you a classy Shaq quote for every time you say he's classless? He he. No you don't.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Oh I thought you were saying all Shaq ever does is throw all of his ex teammates under the bus. I was a-pointin' out that he praises ex teammates. That Posey quote was classy, no?

Of course not, it was an obvious knock on the Miami FO. You don't see him praising Dwayne Wade, the Finals MVP in 2006, lately, do you?

I think he's saying that in his current position, the professionals are putting him with better players and not asking him to carry the team. Does that hurt your wittle feewings?

If it wasn't preceeded with "I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys", yeah.

And I am not as delusional as thinking that I would be personally involved with the players, oh wait, me stating Shaq is acting like a prick is me being hurt. Another brilliant demonstration of your reading abilities.

There you go. Good boy. Put words in my mouth. Don't be surprised that I spit 'em back. I can also read it that the front office weren't professionals in that they expected him to carry Quinn and Davis on his back.

You want me to show you a classy Shaq quote for every time you say he's classless? He he. No you don't.

What was it he said right before this? That he love playing for this coach and these guys? And what did he say immediately after? That they are a real team? Oh, you thought the FO was playing with Shaq and would qualify as part of the team, ic. Great reading skills, taking sentences out of context. Keep going at it!

I am sure Hitler said some nice things in his life, but unfortunately, consistently bad behaviour speaks more about occasional niceness.

BTW, whatever happened to your misspellings? Got too old for it?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure Hitler said some nice things in his life, but unfortunately, consistently bad behaviour speaks more about occasional niceness.

So says the guy that defends Bruce Bowen. :rolleyes:

So far Shaq has gotten nothing but praise from this team, coaches, Suns staff and even fans who have interacted with him around town. Shaq might have a big mouth but that doesn't make him a bad guy. Also, comparing Shaq to Hitler is not only stupid but inappropriate.

I agree that he should not be taking shots at his old team but we don't know the conversations that occurred up to this point. It's not like franchises are above telling players stuff like we will do what it takes blah blah blah then doing something different in the public eye. Every time a player is traded the story that comes from the player never matches the story from the franchise.

Shaq should just move on. Worry about this team and what he is going here. Avoid the war of words. So many things are taken out of context by media and fans alike it's a no win situation if you open your mouth.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Of course not, it was an obvious knock on the Miami FO. You don't see him praising Dwayne Wade, the Finals MVP in 2006, lately, do you?

If it wasn't preceeded with "I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys", yeah.

If...if...if... :biglaugh:

And I am not as delusional as thinking that I would be personally involved with the players, oh wait, me stating Shaq is acting like a prick is me being hurt. Another brilliant demonstration of your reading abilities.

You took de Bowen thing so personally and then freaked out on de Shaq article...one can only infer you feel deez SO deeply... And stop with de slams of my reading skills...if dat's all you have to say, you got nuthin'.

What was it he said right before this? That he love playing for this coach and these guys? And what did he say immediately after? That they are a real team? Oh, you thought the FO was playing with Shaq and would qualify as part of the team, ic. Great reading skills, taking sentences out of context. Keep going at it!

You do it with Bowen video...I can do it with Shaq quotes SEE!

Invoking Hitler? Ha ha ha ha. You've got it backward by the way, the class is consistent. "Bad behaviour"? You sound like a scolded child again. Go ahead, let's play match-em-up. You give me a "bad behaviour" quote from Shaq and I'll give you class.

BTW, whatever happened to your misspellings? Got too old for it?

Dere were plenty of 'em in the post you quoted silly.

Methinks yer just jealous of a team dat has some personality. Oh and scared of what Shaq'll do to wittle Timmy.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score

So far Shaq has gotten nothing but praise from this team, coaches, Suns staff and even fans who have interacted with him around town. Shaq might have a big mouth but that doesn't make him a bad guy. Also, comparing Shaq to Hitler is not only stupid but inappropriate.

I agree that he should not be taking shots at his old team but we don't know the conversations that occurred up to this point. It's not like franchises are above telling players stuff like we will do what it takes blah blah blah then doing something different in the public eye. Every time a player is traded the story that comes from the player never matches the story from the franchise.

Shaq should just move on. Worry about this team and what he is going here. Avoid the war of words. So many things are taken out of context by media and fans alike it's a no win situation if you open your mouth.

Shaq gets praised on every new team he got on. He started out great with Wade and the Heat, look what happened. Same with the Magic, same with the Lakers, it all ended in a thud.

And no, I never compared Shaq with Hitler, just using Hitler as an extreme example of occasional niceness doesn't mean that he is good.

And since when has Bowen had consistently bad behaviour? BTW, please move this discussion to the other thread, I want to keep this thread about Shaq.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
My comments will be in bold, but first I would like to point out the message of this article. It is talking about Shaq’s placement in the Phoenix Suns, nothing more. It has been completely blown out of proportion by the media and people need to lighten up.

"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," said O'Neal yesterday. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

First off, he is stating why he loves playing in Phoenix. They have all the collected pieces to compete for a title for seasons to come. His quote here, I believe was construed wrong. In Miami, they had pieces around him to make them a first seed one season and then a championship the next. They were reluctant to pay key players more once the off-season hit, for whatever reason. The Heat’s owner is one of the richest sports owners in the country, ask him why he declined to offer Jason Kapono more than Toronto or how a key piece such as James Posey went with Boston because of more money. The owner certainly could have afforded it. That is what is frustrating, very frustrating. After the off-season woes, all they could land who had a name for himself was Ricky Davis. Who I thought played good at times, but was an average player at best. He wasn’t a James Posey who could hit big 3s or take charges; he was either hot or cold. Chris Quinn is a very talented young point guard, but being so young he made stupid mistakes. If both him and Shaq played more on the court something might have gelled, but they never really got the opportunity. Onto the quote itself, he is stating he is on a team now, with pieces. It was a jab at both players, but nothing more. A Chris Quinn and a Ricky Davis as key players in the rotation on a Shaq team in laughable. Case in point, Miami promised to build around Shaq and Dwyane Wade, they did…but then suddenly forgot they were competing for a championship. That is what this quote is about. The Phoenix Suns have players that are overall experienced key players, Miami…not so much.

Note the swipe at his former employers, the Miami Heat. When Pat Riley engineered the blockbuster trade that brought Shaq to South Beach, O'Neal promised to deliver a championship. He did, but the cost of sticking with an aging roster has left the franchise in a freefall ever since.

They didn’t build around Shaq and Dwyane this past off-season. They failed in that regard. Build around you’re one-two punch and continue to contend, disregard that concept and fail.

The once-blissful marriage between Shaq and Riles ended badly. As their championship core crumbled, so did their relationship. Heat officials believe Shaq quit on them and point to his chronic hip problems that prevented him from playing in Miami but have not stopped him from averaging 29.3 minutes a night with the Suns. Conversely, Shaq believes Riley quit on him and saddled him with the blame for the franchise's implosion.

One will never know if Shaq indeed quit on the Miami Heat, but to tell the press they believed he quit without proof is highly questionable. His chronic hip problems were evident, they weren’t faked. Just stating it here, but did they ever question that maybe Phoenix officials are actually better at their job? I mean, doesn’t Phoenix have one of the best team medical staff this league has seen? For all we know, and we know somewhat, they worked with Shaq a lot and indeed him playing more minutes and contributing is a factor in how much quality work they put in with him.

Shaq has a point, it seemed as though Riley and the organization quite on him. Like I said, not building around him really is what his frustration is about. They quite on him, they didn’t think things through enough. The only person to blame for the implosion is the owner and Riley, they were 2 seasons removed from a championship. If you kept the gist of your team in tact, even if they did get swept in the first round a season later, they would still be contenders…of course without the injury to Dwyane Wade.

"I guess when you have a lot of power, you can do what you want," O'Neal said. "Me? If I ever came into that kind of power, I think I'd be willing to admit it if I messed up."

They won’t ever admit they messed up, they will continue to blame it all on Shaq since he is the focal point. It is quite sad and disturbing at the same time. THEY FAILED at building a new team around their stars to compete, its all on them.

O'Neal's comments were met with silence out of Miami yesterday.

"I know what they said about me," Shaq said. "Grant [Hill] called me up and told me, 'They said you don't want to play no more.'

Clearly not the case, he is a big factor in the recent success of the Phoenix Suns and is playing solid basketball.

"Ever since I was a little kid, I've been the scapegoat when things went wrong. When I was in the classroom and somebody threw something at the teacher, she'd turn around and look at me first. She'd give me that look like, 'Shaq, you're a clown, it's got to be you.'

"I understand being the scapegoat comes with being the superstar. When it all goes right, you get the credit. And when it doesn't . . . I guess this is what you get.

"I can accept being the scapegoat when we do things my way and they don't work out. But when you have no control how things are handled, and you are still the scapegoat, I don't go for that."

He is always the scapegoat as he said. He is the biggest figure on the team, so they place blame on him to take the blame away from them. Plain and simple. Despite being a big figure, Shaq has no say into who they sign to the team and how they rebuild. He is an influence, but not the bottom line…they are.

O'Neal claims he's content with his reduced role in Phoenix and promised his new teammates he didn't need "no touches, no plays, no nothing." He said a conversation with Bill Russell earlier this season convinced him he shouldn't even glance at his statistics.

"He told me every big man in the history of the league saw his numbers go down toward the end of their careers," Shaq said. "I looked it up on the Internet. He was right.

"This team won 50 games last year without a big man. Steve Kerr said, 'We don't need 27 [points] and 10 [rebounds] from you. We need someone to slow up Tim Duncan and put a body on Yao [Ming] and [Andrew] Bynum.' "

Shaq, who is averaging 11.9 points and 10.5 rebounds in 17 games with Phoenix, is a first-ballot Hall of Famer. His legacy is secure, but, he conceded, he's aware of the image he's developed after acrimonious departures from Orlando, Los Angeles, and now Miami.

"I have not left any of the teams on good notes," O'Neal said. "We players have our own little fraternity. We talk about stuff, so I've got to figure the coaches do, too. They are probably saying I'm an [expletive]. So I came to Phoenix prepared to show them what kind of person I am."

And we all know what kind of person he is. He proves the haters wrong when they doubt his ability on the court. He has always done that.

This is the first time he's come to the Garden when the Celtics were legitimate contenders. O'Neal anointed Boston "the best team" yesterday.

"I'm telling you, if we don't have him in Miami, we wouldn't have done it. He's willing to take charges, to take the big shots.

Did this go unnoticed? He made a positive remark to an ex-teammate."I'm looking forward to [tonight]. I've never played them when they were Boston Boston. Back when they had those teams with Rick Fox and 'Nique [Dominique Wilkins], they were only Sort Of Boston.

"Now it's Boston Boston."

It's too soon to say whether Shaq can make Phoenix the Suns Suns. D'Antoni firmly believes his new roster gives his team a better chance at advancing in the postseason.

The big man on the block concurs.

"I'm not worried about what anyone says," Shaq said. "I've already had my Wonder Years. Now maybe I can bring these fellas a little happiness, too."

In conclusion, we criticize athletes for not telling us how they truly feel, and yet Shaq has always done that and people jump down his throat. Keep this in mind, sports is a business, it’s about results and not about feelings.

Last edited:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

I guess since they moved his favorite trolling topic to the smack shack now he is going to infest the next set of topics on the main suns board in his never ending quest to annoy the absolute living **** out of us.

Please like has been said, just put him on ignore and (please) don't quote him because his logic is starting to become an absolute joke, a very very very annoying absolute joke.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
If...if...if... :biglaugh:

You really do have a comprehension problem.
Let me spell it out for you, if his quote was not preceeded by his other two quotes, you may have a case, but it DID, which means that you don't have a case.

Of course, your If...if...if... quote just helped me illustrate how out of whack you were, thanks for agreeing with me that you were totally wrong on this one.

You took de Bowen thing so personally and then freaked out on de Shaq article...one can only infer you feel deez SO deeply... And stop with de slams of my reading skills...if dat's all you have to say, you got nuthin'.

When was I personal? You mean when people were throwing personal remarks on me? Doesn't that say more about those people taking it personally?

Since when did I "freak out"?

Stop taking the reading skills part so personally, I don't want to read the news tomorrow of some guy who left a suicide note that says "ambchang_ wuz meeeen to meeeee".

And since when do you define the merits of argument? Your reading skills have been demonstratively deplorable so far, and it was hilarious that you were actually trying to lecture me on it. I find that I enjoy making fun of you on that point, find something to make fun of me about if you want.

You do it with Bowen video...I can do it with Shaq quotes SEE!

Invoking Hitler? Ha ha ha ha. You've got it backward by the way, the class is consistent. "Bad behaviour"? You sound like a scolded child again. Go ahead, let's play match-em-up. You give me a "bad behaviour" quote from Shaq and I'll give you class.

So to you, a person who is 50/50 on being classy and classless would qualify as classy? I guess I should not have been surprised by this.

Dere were plenty of 'em in the post you quoted silly.

Methinks yer just jealous of a team dat has some personality. Oh and scared of what Shaq'll do to wittle Timmy.

What are you talking about again? Your writing was barely legible for a few posts, then it went downhill.

Why would I be jealous of anything?
1) I don't really own the team, I am not really as emotionally attached to the Spurs as you think. Speaking of which, why are you defending Shaq? By your own definition, you are taking it personally, no?
2) The Suns won nothing (well, no championships), the Spurs won 4 championships. If anything, I would have guessed the Suns fans would be jealous of Spurs fans, unless you value personality more than championships.
3) Since Shaq and Duncan were never teammates (other than the All-star teams), I am sure Shaq won't throw Duncan under the bus. BUt even if he did, I am not really that worried about it, it will just show Shaq's class once again.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess since they moved his favorite trolling topic to the smack shack now he is going to infest the next set of topics on the main suns board in his never ending quest to annoy the absolute living **** out of us.

Please like has been said, just put him on ignore and (please) don't quote him because his logic is starting to become an absolute joke, a very very very annoying absolute joke.

Typical Troll behavior. By the way he has yet to use Logic. The Troll is now on IGNORE. I didn't think Trolls came that dense.

Last edited:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Typical Troll behavior. By the way he has yet to use Logic. The Troll is now on IGNORE. I didn't think Trolls came that dense.

Yeah, it is pretty obvious when a staunch bowen defender has such a complete lack of decency that he actually invokes hitler in a comparison to shaq that he is just trying to get a rise out of people.

Personally I find the hitler thing to be a bannable offense because of how obscene and indecent doing that is.

*edit: For example I might hate bruce bowen but I would never EVER have the indecency to compare him to hitler, and I especially would not do it on a spurs board. Completely obvious rude and indecent trolling behavior IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You really do have a comprehension problem.
Let me spell it out for you, if his quote was not preceeded by his other two quotes, you may have a case, but it DID, which means that you don't have a case.

Oh that's right. You're dat person who only sees things one way with one explanation and is always right. HA! Guess again.

Of course, your If...if...if... quote just helped me illustrate how out of whack you were, thanks for agreeing with me that you were totally wrong on this one.

Try making up something else. The if if if was to illustrate dat you always have to try to qualify something when it's proven dat you are being silly. Which is often.

When was I personal? You mean when people were throwing personal remarks on me? Doesn't that say more about those people taking it personally?

De way you defended the indefensible shows how personally you take it.

Since when did I "freak out"?

Calling someone classless based on one out of context quote is a freak out.

Stop taking the reading skills part so personally, I don't want to read the news tomorrow of some guy who left a suicide note that says "ambchang_ wuz meeeen to meeeee".

Pay attention cuz I think this applies to you directly: Stop professing to know things about which you have no way of knowing.

So to you, a person who is 50/50 on being classy and classless would qualify as classy? I guess I should not have been surprised by this.

Nowhere did I even remotely intimate that Shaq was 50/50 on class. In fact I think I went to lengths to challenge you to the contrary. Either you can't comprehend what is written or your preconceptions won't allow it. (The latter gets my vote).

Why would I be jealous of anything?

Stop right dere. You are jealous of Shaq because no one on your favorite team has a measurable personality.

1) I don't really own the team, I am not really as emotionally attached to the Spurs as you think. Speaking of which, why are you defending Shaq? By your own definition, you are taking it personally, no?

No. I'm pulling the curtain back on yer trolling.
The other points you try to make about jealousy are useless. I challenged you on the "is Shaq classy or classless" ting. Why don't you take me up on it?