Around the MLB

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCarver also said that if Lou Pinella can get the Cubs into the playoffs, then into the World Series, and then to win the World Series this year, it would be one of the greatest accomplishments in the history of sports.

Okay fine, but so would the Cardinals winning three straight Super Bowls.

Idiot McTarder.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
B.H. Kim, you are added to Mulli's List of Pieces of Crap. How you avoided it this long is beyond me.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am suprised McCarver said those things since he is, you know, A FORMER CATCHER. Maybe pitchers just didnt want to hear what you were crapping out of your mouth Timmy.

McCarver (at mound with pitcher): "Well, you certainly are pitching terribly today!"

Pitcher: "Get the f outta here!"

"I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter; that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit." --Tim McCarver

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter; that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit." --Tim McCarver

Bob Gibson is, perhaps, the coolest baseball player to ever play the game. Him and Rickey.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
The Dodgers, Giants and Padres have all lost BIG today. If Webb can get the win today we'll have a pretty comfortable lead at the top.

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
How about that Rick Ankiel? 2 HRs today and 3 in his first 3 games. No wonder he wasn't any good as a pitcher. :)

Nasser22

Reaction score
Very impressive. I never thought he could make the transition successfully...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is impressive. That is he doing it against the Padres is even better.

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
This is the independent Atlantic League, but it's a former big leaguer. I hope they treat Jose Offerman's on-filed assault exactly the same as if he attacked somebody on the street. Somebody's going to end up getting killed if they let baseball players get away with using a bat as a weapon.

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
OK, here's one actually from MLB. I was downright giddy when I saw the Cardinals were wearing '80s road throwbacks. This was the MLB I grew up on. If the Twins bust out their old baby blues I may just weep tears of joy. :D

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Sweeps Galore!

The Yankees sweep the Red Sox and the Phillies sweep the Mets. I guess we're not the only 1st place team to get steamrolled this week.

The good news is we haven't been swept yet. Win today!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Scott Baker lost a perfect game on a walk in the 9th, then lost the no hitter in the 9th

Nasser22

Reaction score
Dodgers are up on the Pads 6-3 in the sixth inning. If they can pull it out we'll be ahead by 4 games with 15 to go, 17 for them. A 4th divisional title is looking very good. Not bad work near the end of the rebuilding era.

spikecop02

Registered
Reaction score
We just need to win each series we play, i really feel cofident we can make it to the playoffs.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Griffey just went down in a heap. Looked like a sniper got him. Bummer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn