2024 free agents

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Does Ohtani plan on staying with the Angels?

AZ definitely needs another bat and at least one more quality starter. that would make them WS champ contenders for sure. I imagine that they will be aggressive in those areas given how close they are. For Texas they have been very aggressive the past few years and I don't know why they would stop now. Rangers already have DeGrom who would be a huge bonus if he comes back, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Texas will have to sign at least one pitcher.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Ohtani plan on staying with the Angels?

AZ definitely needs another bat and at least one more quality starter. that would make them WS champ contenders for sure. I imagine that they will be aggressive in those areas given how close they are. For Texas they have been very aggressive the past few years and I don't know why they would stop now. Rangers already have DeGrom who would be a huge bonus if he comes back, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Texas will have to sign at least one pitcher.
Not at 10-12 years at $50 million a year. I say the Mets or Dodgers for Ohtani.

This team has bats on their way up. Two power hitting guys who play 3B will be up next year along with Lawler. If Lourdes Gurriel Jr leaves, we might need go after another OF, but I could see it happen via a trade.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Not at 10-12 years at $50 million a year. I say the Mets or Dodgers for Ohtani.

This team has bats on their way up. Two power hitting guys who play 3B will be up next year along with Lawler. If Lourdes Gurriel Jr leaves, we might need go after another OF, but I could see it happen via a trade.
I guess my question is does he have loyalty to the angels? If the angels did not intend to sign him then they would have traded him last year, or should have. I think the rangers were interested in him before the deadline. it would be a sting to Angels fans for him to go to the dodgers or another AL rival. I don't see why he would want to go to the mets and be traded to a real contender 2 or 3 years later. but the mets do throw money around. I imagine a lot of teams will bid for him.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my question is does he have loyalty to the angels? If the angels did not intend to sign him then they would have traded him last year, or should have. I think the rangers were interested in him before the deadline. it would be a sting to Angels fans for him to go to the dodgers or another AL rival. I don't see why he would want to go to the mets and be traded to a real contender 2 or 3 years later. but the mets do throw money around. I imagine a lot of teams will bid for him.

Yeah, I definitely see that. I just think the Angels realize they can't pay Rendon, Trout and him a combined $125 million a year. That is more than the Dbacks salaries this past season and will probably be close to them next year.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely see that. I just think the Angels realize they can't pay Rendon, Trout and him a combined $125 million a year. That is more than the Dbacks salaries this past season and will probably be close to them next year.
I think any team that is already a legit contender will have to balance that load. the teams that are weaker should have more money to throw at him, but will he want to go there? and then how are they going to afford to put other players around him? the angels by most accounts visibly gave up on themselves last year if I recall even before Ohtani got injured. makes me wonder what kind of culture they have in that locker room.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When the hell did long hair become the rage in baseball? Between the Phillies and rangers there were so many creepy looking long hair dudes.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
When the hell did long hair become the rage in baseball? Between the Phillies and rangers there were so many creepy looking long hair dudes.
Wasn’t that Johnny Damon that had that look before he sold out and went to the Yankees? And randy Johnson was the first one that I can remember that rocked the long hair.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Probably because Texas needs an elite closer or setup man. They haven’t been too vocal on their FA plans other than stating the obvious saying they will address their bull pen. I think they have already moved on from Chapman. Interestingly I don’t think they appear to be set on bringing back Catcher/top DH Mitch garver who was very much their unsung RBI hero in the playoffs. That would be a void to fill and a thorn in their side if he goes to another top AL team.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think QO will factor in who ARZ targets this offseason. It would make sense for ARZ to target guys like:
Jorge Soler
Teoscar Hernandez
Eduardo Rodriguez
Jordan Montgomery

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard