Around the MLB

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now if they can unload one or two out of Contreras, Dye, Iguchi, and Uribe I would be really happy.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Travis Hafner and the Cleveland Indians agreed to a $57 million, four-year contract extension through the 2012 season on Wednesday.

This likely opens the door for CC Sabathia's exit from Cleveland, as the Tribe has made no hidden noise that they could only economically be able to afford one or the other long term.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis Hafner and the Cleveland Indians agreed to a $57 million, four-year contract extension through the 2012 season on Wednesday.

This likely opens the door for CC Sabathia's exit from Cleveland, as the Tribe has made no hidden noise that they could only economically be able to afford one or the other long term.
Jedimindtrick: CC, you want to pitch for the White Sox.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if A-Rod hits a HR during Friday's continuation of an June rainout, Wednesday night's 499 HR actually becomes his 500th. :doi:

Source: Elias

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, that's funny. I didn't know stats traveled back in time like that!

I also heard a scenario in which the Yankees (who have won 6 in a row) would lose the makeup and then win the full game (both on Friday), they'd still have a seven game winning streak. lol

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Dodgers losing to the Rockies 3-1 in the bottom of the 5th. Could this be the day we take over the division again...for good? Maybe...not likely, but maybe.

Pads are beating the Stros 15-11 in the 7th. Wow, that's about 15 games worth of runs for the Pads. :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Eric Gagne is quite possibly the fattest reliever in baseball right now.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Yeah, it's unfortunate but there was nothing to be done.

I have zero interest in Matt Morris or Kyle Lohse and they were the only SP to get moved. The baseball deadline keeps getting worse and worse.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, no thanks. I think they will fall apart before it's over. I'm not sure that they have the pitching to make it to the playoffs this year. Not unless they make a big move before the trading deadling.
Dbacks and Cubs in first place. Odds of liking a team that makes the playoffs are looking pretty good.

:stick:

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Dbacks and Cubs in first place.

That has been quite the turnaround by the Cubs. I thought they were done with all that in-fighting. Sometimes dysfunction functions pretty well. :)

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
A rod hit his 500th homerun off of Kyle Davies. A rod is the youngest to hit 500 homeruns.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim McCarver is an idiot. This Saturday, during the Cubs/Mets game, the Cubs get the bases loaded, and the Mets' pitching coach goes to the mound. McCarver says that pitching coaches should not go talk to pitchers when pitchers get into trouble because they would just be stating the obvious.

So I am thinking, when does McCarver think pitching coaches should go to the mound? With two outs and nobody on? Maybe never?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim McCarver is an idiot. This Saturday, during the Cubs/Mets game, the Cubs get the bases loaded, and the Mets' pitching coach goes to the mound. McCarver says that pitching coaches should not go talk to pitchers when pitchers get into trouble because they would just be stating the obvious.

So I am thinking, when does McCarver think pitching coaches should go to the mound? With two outs and nobody on? Maybe never?

McCarver is an asshat. I was glad when Deion threw water on him. I wish he would have drown.

Joe Morgan is a stupid ***** too.

I am suprised McCarver said those things since he is, you know, A FORMER CATCHER. Maybe pitchers just didnt want to hear what you were crapping out of your mouth Timmy.

McCarver (at mound with pitcher): "Well, you certainly are pitching terribly today!"

Pitcher: "Get the f outta here!"

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn